StarCraft® II

SC 2 HoTS release date: April 2012

Maybe Blizzard tried to be too old-school with SC2. I didn't really like what they did with WC3 initially, but in retrospective, it was a pretty damn good idea of forcing you to make the best out of each of your units.

Given the Raiders' precarious situation in WoL, the RTS/RPG approach could have worked for the most part.
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote
Diablo III's release should delay it. The developers are still working on getting the PvP arena in Diablo III
Reply Quote
Ok. It's suddenly going to come out this month without any notice.
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 03:44 PMPosted by SoC

Wouldn't that have been absolutely hilarious. Just troll the gaming world by subtly sneaking it out. lol
Reply Quote
Hopefully they do come out with HoTS soon simplay because they spit on us by makeing us concentrait on the terrans the most boreing race in the game. i was excited for the game till i had to play terrans then i was pissed when i found out no zerg missions. and only a couple of protoss. at least the multiplayer allowed zerg even if there was no story mode or other kick !@# things we could do. i will admit breaking the game down was a bad $%^ idea. allows for detailed story telling. I only wish that they would have hit zerg first lol i would have ignored the rest of the games. =)
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Romeo

Wouldn't that have been absolutely hilarious. Just troll the gaming world by subtly sneaking it out. lol

People would go NUTZ, honestly I kinda think it would be worth it just to see how pissed people got. Then again I am broke as hell this month, so I would be one of the truly pissed. :p
Reply Quote
I think their will be an update on HotS this week. I can feel it.
Reply Quote
04/09/2012 08:49 AMPosted by Wolverine
I think their will be an update on HotS this week. I can feel it.
ITS A CONSPIRAAAACCCCYYYYY!!!!!!
Reply Quote
04/08/2012 08:42 PMPosted by Carrvias

People would go NUTZ, honestly I kinda think it would be worth it just to see how pissed people got. Then again I am broke as hell this month, so I would be one of the truly pissed. :p

Bwa ha ha ha. Me too, brother. But you're right, seeing people's reactions would be FANTASTIC.
Reply Quote
WOOOOO!!!! See, I was right. Should of put money on it. Not good news though, means game will take longer to see the light.
Reply Quote
would be a very happy kingstrider when i open my email and theres an email saying that it has shipped
Reply Quote
What if they already released it without informing us? RUN TO THE NEAREST GAMESTOP NOW!
Reply Quote
04/11/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Wolverine
WOOOOO!!!! See, I was right. Should of put money on it. Not good news though, means game will take longer to see the light.

Yeah, from that update it sounds like they aren't even sure what units they want in multiplayer.

Once they choose the units, they have to balance them, which will take FOREVER (good news for the game when it does come out, bad news for those that want it now).

My guess (this guess is unsubstanciated by anything except my personal experience with following video game releaces, which doesn't include much), is that we won't see the beta for annother 6 months (at least), and the game won't be out 'till a few months after that. By that logic, I wouldn't look for a HotS releace date until December of 2012, at the earliest. Hopefully I'm completely wrong, and they're much further along than I think. ;)

Dang, was hopeing that HotS would come out for my B-day (late May), but with the D3 releace only a couple weeks before, the MoP beta, and the update relaeced last week, it would be pretty much impossible for that to come true...

I just hope they put out annother update in the near future (as in, once a month; or sooner).
Reply Quote
It would be great if we got updated once a month on HOTS until the beta came out but I doubt we'll get another update for another couple of months.

Also as much as I want HOTS I doubt we'll be seeing it until around february 2013 just because Blizzard is cruel like that lol they'll just hold it in front of us for as long as they can and when we're at our most wanting for the game that's when it'll come out because that's when they'll make the most money.
Reply Quote
The bad thing about it is they could totally hold off until 2013 just for the fact SC2 is an e-sport, so people won't stop playing it. Even if they did it wouldn't matter since there is no sub.

But still Blizz, come on.
Reply Quote
HA! For all those who thought HOTS was coming out in april, I'm sorry to say, you are sadly mistaken. its not happening. its already the 19th, and no news is around. Diablo III isnt even out yet. I would say HotS is coming out sometime in August or september at the earliest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]