sc2 story line was grate

I can see a situation like in the Babylon 5 Episode "Severed Dreams" where the Interstellar News Network tried to speak out against the current President who was extremely corrupt.

They only got a few minutes of footage out before the building was assaulted by forces loyal to the President, the ISN was taken off air for several weeks.

Basically, Kate tries to use her new powers of Anchorwoman to broadcast the truth about Mengsk. Broadcast is made short by Dominion soldiers attacking the UNN studio, who knows what will happen to Kate if this happens ( I doubt they would kill her off, probably make her confess on public airways or something)
Reply Quote
They already did something like that following "Media Blitz". That didn't prevent Kate Lockwell from taking over as anchorwoman.
Reply Quote
Oh you are talking about when Kate played the transmission during an interview. Yes it is a similar concept but not the same thing I was talking about. Kate is a very smart woman and also putting her life at risk. She attacked Mengsk on air knowing everyone was watching. Now if anything happens to her, Mengsk will be blamed and his public image would be tarnished even more.

Mengsk is probably formulating a plan to defame Kate and get her out of the spotlight, then she can be locked away quietly and a new pro-Mengsk Donny Vermillion2.0 can go on the air. Unfortunately for Mengsk, there is no short term solution to the Kate Lockwell problem it will take some time to destroy her image by digging up things about her past and creating a series of elaborate lies about her.

She seems to know what she is doing and underneath her innocent persona she probably has a lot of political guile and Mengsk better watch out. Kate Lockwell may very well end up being a more effective tool for the Revolution than Raynor's Raiders.

Still, I would love a scene of a worried Kate exposing Mengsk even further live at UNN Studio, with gunfire and explosions in the background indicating that they are under attack. The last few frames should be of Dominion troops storming the set and arresting Kate and her crew.
Reply Quote
More effective than the Raiders, I don't know. I'd say their work is mutually complementary.
Reply Quote
Yes but still her impact may end up going down in history as the greatest factor in the demise of Mengsk's Dominion. Raynor already did his job for the most part. He exposed Mengsk and gave the people hope. Now the people of the Dominion must finish what he started. Kate Lockwell will be their primary spokesperson and will do everything she can to help the resistance.

I can see it now, Kate Lockwell hosting a show that interviews anti-Mengsk activists and constantly criticizes his leadership. Kind of like how MSNBC is Pro-Liberal and Fox is Pro-Conservative, in this case the people of the Dominion only have one choice, the UNN.

Mengsk can block the transmission of these shows, arrest Kate and her crew, and even shut down more satellites. As you said, this would just make the people more unruly and suspicious.

Mengsk is in a very tight spot right now, with much of the credit going to Kate and her brave efforts.

At least Raynor has a ship and soldiers to fight for him, what does Kate have? She calls the cops that work for Mengsk?
Reply Quote
Sc2 storyline was decent...not the best our friends at blizzard had to offer...but still good.
I was hoping we'd have a more terran-ish setting but ALL OF YOU should agree: The Ending of Brood War POINTED at this happening. So stop whining saying "OH BROOD WAR WAS WAY BETTER!" because it practically set u up for a "RACES UNITE FTW" scenario. I hope it's a bit more complex than this though with more betrayals and back-stabbing(maybe the protoss finally making an official declaration of war on the terrans or something, then having the races duke it out with sad music playing out as all these people die). Just my thoughts.
Reply Quote
02/14/2012 04:04 PMPosted by UltraNoob
ALL OF YOU should agree: The Ending of Brood War POINTED at this happening. So stop whining saying "OH BROOD WAR WAS WAY BETTER!" because it practically set u up for a "RACES UNITE FTW" scenario

All BW set up was that a hybrid race was being created and they would change the dynamics of the universe. This could have been approached in various ways. It could have been written that the Hybrids would merely try to destroy the Zerg and the Protoss while leaving the Terrans untouched. This would allow for some interesting political situations and alliances. It would also allow other Terran factions to come forward. Say the dominion allies with the Hybrids to take out the other aliens while Umoja allies with the Protoss.

Another thing they could have potentially done was say that the Hybrids ultimately don't follow along with what they were created for and really just want to survive and make their own place in the universe. Again, this could lead to some interesting diplomacy and no everyone team up against the bad guy storyline.
Reply Quote
The thing about all this talk about taking down the dominion is null unless you actually have an army to get the job done. It doesn't really matter if unarmed people try to take down a corrupt government - just look at Syria, It doesn't work. Unless they can actually convince the (re-socialized) dominion army to stand down, they don't stand a chance unless they get outside support.
Reply Quote
02/14/2012 05:58 PMPosted by LovelyMines
Unless they can actually convince the (re-socialized) dominion army to stand down, they don't stand a chance unless they get outside support.

I don't think re-socialized criminals are put into leadership roles. If you convince their commander to join you, the troops will probably come as well.

Mengsk may be smart and ordered the re-socialization process to be modified to guarantee complete loyalty to him. Some sort of subliminal programming that prevents the subject from doing harm to Mengsk or his allies. This would make it nearly impossible to commanders with re-socialized troops to defect. If this is the case, commanders will probably have to find a way to get rid of them, as they probably would have programming to alert the Dominion in the case of any treason taking place. It would be very hard to defect under these circumstances, but this is all theory and perhaps Mengsk hasn't gone that far.
Reply Quote
Besides, resocialization isn't flawless: not only can it be broken but it can also lead its subjects to be... let's say, overzealous? In Issue 0 of the StarCraft comic book, the War Pigs had to kill the surviving resocs guarding a distress beacon aboard an infested battlecruiser because they wouldn't let the protagonists disable it despite being technically allies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]