Great Animes

gurren lagann, eurueka 7, death note, toraru majutsu no index all very good animes that I have seen recently. gurren lagann i just finished marathoning a few hours ago. Anyone else seen anything awesome recently?
Reply Quote
If you haven't seen death note your life is incomplete
Reply Quote

SPOILERS BELOW

I know right, I found it fitting that in the end lyte was truly himself rather than a mask that was simply a show for other people, yet at the same time it was tragic. Kira had planned everything out perfectly, but other people working for him made mistakes, so he was cheated of his victory. If you liked death note watch gurren lagann It's on youtube. It's very different from death note, however it is just as good with characters just as colorful, and it has more boobs in any 1 episode than all of death note combined. Its length is comparable to that of death note (season 1 17 episodes season 2 9 episodes) however It is a wild ride and one that you won't regret watching.

SPOILERS COMPLETED
Edited by Necromaster on 2/20/2012 11:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
I'll think about it

also put spoilers on your post man
Reply Quote
damn either there aren't that many good animes out there or no1 ever comes to the movie and entertainment forums . . .
Reply Quote
02/24/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Necromaster
damn either there aren't that many good animes out there or no1 ever comes to the movie and entertainment forums . . .

no one comes to these forums sorry bro
Reply Quote
damn well I guess i will check this thread from time to time see if any1 has responded . . . tell me if you have watched gurren lagann
Reply Quote
Is this a zombie
Hack.quantum
Gurren lagan
Full metal alchemist
Naruto
Jellyfish princess
Soul eater
B gata H kei
Clannad
Hellsing
Heavens Lost Property
Fairy Tail
Okami-san and her Seven companions
Negima!
Negima!? Magister Negi Magi
Baka and test
Naruto
Naruto Shippuden
Elfen Lied
Edited by eXaUghZean on 3/8/2012 12:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
Nobody mentioned CODE GEASS.

Best Anime after Death Note and Dragon Ball
Reply Quote
02/15/2012 01:55 AMPosted by Necromaster
If you liked death note

You should read Liar Game. While it isn't an anime yet the manga is quite good and the male protagonist is almost like L in the sense that both are quite intelligent and have a great deduction player. Plus he also has some Light qualities that help him manipulate people.

Also, I recommend watching Steins;Gate. Excellent anime.
Reply Quote
I'm something of an anime fan, even if I haven't seen most of the shows you guys mentioned, even if I'm more likely to collect graphic novels than watch the anime.

Full Metal Alchemist: Collected all 27 graphic novels, and saw most of the animated episodes

Naruto: collected up to volume 54, and watched some of the animated episodes

Battle Angel Alite: collected the original series and a dozen volumes of Last Order

Outlanders: collected all eight graphic novels

Dragon Ball: enjoyed the first season and most of the second, but I was less fond of Dragon Ball Z, especially after they started blowing whole planets

I've seen only a few episodes of Death Note and Code Geass, but enough to get the general plots

Tank Police, collected the animated series and graphic novels

Appleseed: collected four graphic novels

Oh My Goddess, collected most of the graphic novels

Collected all volumes of Love Hina and saw most of the animated episodes

Also collected Ranma 1/2, Maisson Ikkoku, Inu Yasha, and Lum
Reply Quote
04/19/2012 08:17 PMPosted by Zergbait
Collected all volumes of Love Hina and saw most of the animated episodes

Love Hina! I always forget about that series when listing stuff I really enjoyed. That was a fun anime. I'm a very manly dude, but I have to admit to watching or reading a few very girly things in my time. In particular, I was pretty rabid about the Fruits Basket manga. I blitzed through those one after another one summer. I AM NOT ASHAMED.
Reply Quote
I'm currently making my way through death note, and all I have to say is....
after the second opening takes over (the one with the hard core sounding rock and roll), the show becomes 'worse'. Not worse as in Gundam SEED Destiny worse, but just worse, imo.
Reply Quote
I could see how you think it gets worse. I haven't watched deathnote for a year now, where does the second opener come up? Because the whole first season is awesome so if it comes up during the first season i will have to disagree with you.
Reply Quote
04/30/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Necromaster
I could see how you think it gets worse. I haven't watched deathnote for a year now, where does the second opener come up? Because the whole first season is awesome so if it comes up during the first season i will have to disagree with you.

Just before L dies.
Reply Quote
after the second opening takes over (the one with the hard core sounding rock and roll), the show becomes 'worse'. Not worse as in Gundam SEED Destiny worse, but just worse, imo.

I think most people will agree Death Note takes a dip after L dies. The characters make a show more than anything else, and losing a character as lovable and interesting as L would make any show less appealing. That is the inherent danger in killing off important characters, and unfortunately DN didn't have any back ups to take his spot so the show begins to suffer a bit. I could list several examples of shows in which they killed off a main character successfully or unsuccessfully, but I'd rather not drop a bunch of anime spoilers in case people haven't seen the shows I'd talk about. Only reason I mention L is the bomb was already dropped in this thread.
Reply Quote

I think most people will agree Death Note takes a dip after L dies. The characters make a show more than anything else, and losing a character as lovable and interesting as L would make any show less appealing. That is the inherent danger in killing off important characters, and unfortunately DN didn't have any back ups to take his spot so the show begins to suffer a bit. I could list several examples of shows in which they killed off a main character successfully or unsuccessfully, but I'd rather not drop a bunch of anime spoilers in case people haven't seen the shows I'd talk about. Only reason I mention L is the bomb was already dropped in this thread.

SPOILER

K, just finished the entire series less than 5 mins ago.......
Code Geass was better, although R2 seemed like they tried to cram all the info together. I say CG was better because Lelouch's plan worked out in the end. Lelouch realized what needed to happen in order to create a better world for everyone, while Light decided that he was simply going to force his idea of better onto everyone else, like Emperor Charles zi Britannia and Empress Marianne.

SPOILER
Edited by Lohengrin on 5/6/2012 7:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Gurren Lagann is the best anime EVER! Highly recommended to everyone!
Reply Quote
You can't compair Lelouch and Light from Code Geass and Death Note respectivly as each were different character archetypes. One was an Anti-Hero in the purest form Lelouch along with wearing a mask of darkness (litterally in Lulu's case) his goals were still noble. Light on the other hand was an Anti-Villian, who's goals were both evil and ways of doing them were evil. However due to the fact he was also the protagonist of the story and just generally awesome the reader/watcher relates to him. L was the true "Hero" of the story despite also being the antagonist.

I personally like to split Code Geass and Code Geass R2 into two seprate entities as both are very different in both narative and scope. Code Geass was basically a story of one man fighting an impossible (and mostly invisible foe in Charles' case as he was the ultimate villian) foe and winning along the way while simultaniously being both understated and epic in parts. It was a strong narative with good pacing and flow.
R2 on the other hand was none of those. It was Lulu in a matter of litterally 3 episodes starting a World War against the most powerful mech's ever seen in the show in Season 1 there was Lancelot, the Guren, and later the Knight Gigafortress, Gaiwain, and nothing else of the "Super mechs" in season 2 there were the Rounds, the mass Produced Vincents, the Getsuga, and to say nothing of the "Angel Mode" Lancelot Albion and Gurren mark 2. So needless to say understated was not what Season 2 was going for. Also due to the decision to make every week a cliffhanger it totally destroyed the pacing while simultaniously upping the total awesomness. I remember when it was airing in Japan every Sunday the subs came out was "Geass Sunday" as I needed to know what was going to happen next, it basically became an Anime Soap Opera (hell there was a love Triangle in it...). Although R2 did have some of the most touching scenes in the entire series two deaths really come to mind rivaled only by Euphies death in S1.

In many way Death Note was comprable to Season 1 but not season 2 which seemed to take more from a Gundam type show more so then Season 1. It's ironic in this regard as Gundam 00 season 1 came after Code Geass Season 1, then following 00 S1 it was followed by Code Geass R2 then that was followed by Gundam 00 season 2.
Edited by Moridin on 5/9/2012 9:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]