StarCraft® II

Zerg vs. Borg

I think the zerg and the borg would just ignore each other, and kill all the humans.
Reply Quote
I have never heard of the Borg. But the Zerg could probably assimilate them into the swarm, unless the Borgs will is as strong as the Protoss, which by the way cannot be infested unless their will is broken. (It might be the Protoss psionic abilities and not their will)
Reply Quote
Watch Star Trek
Reply Quote
The Borg are like cyborg (get it, cyBORG) zombies. They are the Zerg, but robots.
Reply Quote
probably have to go with Zerg. even if like some people said the Borg have a lot of defense the zerg a far too numerous, especially if you count in special strands like leviathan, unberlisk, hunterling, spotter, etc. while the Borg might have super defensive fleets the zerg have pure numbers, especially brood lords which would cause a million broodlings to converge on the shiips, or leviathans which can deal heavy damage, spawn mutas, broods, and use abilities. if air assault won't work the the zerg drop pods would surely overrun the inside of the ship.
Reply Quote
darka makes a good point about how powerful Zerg are.
Reply Quote
the borg rule over 1/4 of a galaxy and have tendrils reaching into another 1/8 of it, the zerg control (probably) 80 planets. also the borg ships are massive, when i say massive i mean like 3 kilometers by 3 kilometers by 3 kilometers. They have hundreds of millions of ships this size (even more smaller ships). Each of their ships has the fire power of between 10 - 30 battlecruisers (its hard to guage the strength of a laser when most of what it hits is shields). In a space fight the borg would win hands down against the zerg, its not even a question. The question is could the zerg board the ships and could they land on borg planets? Also wouldn't the borg simply self destruct and glass infected planets and ships? In terms of throw weight and space fleet the borg have every advantage. However they are not very good in close quarters combat relying on the equivalent of laser handguns and personal force shields to win them their fights. Also I would not count on the borg being able to infect the zerg. For example a small number of borg at one point gain self awareness and attempt to sever their link with the hivemind. The borg queen notices that on cube ship with 30'000 drones, 2 have lost connection with the mind link, so she orders it to self destruct and it does. This makes me feel like any boarded borg cube would immideatly explode and any infected planet would be glassed. Those arguments are arranged rather haphazardly re-arrange the sentences until they make sense.
Reply Quote
I'll make it simple Necro.

The borg hate traitors, so they blow up a ship with traitors on it. The Zerg, if they boarded a cube, the cube could just blow up. Same with planets. It's like sending banelings to do everything, once they get there, they just blow up.
Reply Quote
The Zerg are pretty smart, so I think they'd notice and take advantage of the hate of traitors e.g. just launch spores at all the ships, infesting a couple so the Borg self-destruct. Wouldn't work for ever, but definitely could work a few times.
Reply Quote
Well zerg just rely on instinct when their brood mother, queen, or overlord that keep them in check dies.
Reply Quote
So if an infestor use a neural parasite on the borg cube, would it take over the whole collective? or would it just take over that single ship?
Reply Quote
I think just a single ship. In the Voyager episode arc Unimatrix Zero, it was shown that specific drones with a recessive mutation, that then inoculated themselves with a nano-virus, were then able to assume control of individual ships. So I assume the same thing is possible with the Zerg, and that there are safeguards in place to prevent any external influences from propagating across the entire collective
Reply Quote
I think the Zerg could eventually win, by neural parasitizing a single Borg inside of a ship, then when it self destructs, parasite another In a different ship. Then again, they could learn to cleanse the infested rather than blow up the entire ship...
Reply Quote
I think the Borg would adapt quickly after a few drones were infected with the neural parasite
Reply Quote
I don't know, most of the episodes I watched didn't contain the Borg, but from what I've seen of them they're not really good adapters, they're more like "you will be assimilated, hey I said you'll be assimilated, HEY I SAID YOU'LL BE ASSIMILATED STOP BEING SO UNPREDICTABLE!!!"
Reply Quote
In most episodes, it was shown that the Borg could adapt their defences very quickly to energy weapons (even those that were "unpredictable" and rotated their frequencies), but they never really highlighted how they would adapt to a biological attack that works in a similar fashion to the Borg's own nanoprobe technology. I guess the Borg's major strength are their primary defences and beyond that it's hard to judge.
Reply Quote
Zerglings would completely massacre borg drones as they are way too slow moving.
Hydralisks would actually kill them before they are even touched.
Roaches have a way too thick caparace.
Ultralisks... well... heh... ultralisks... xD
Banelings > Borg Drones
Borg drone tries to assimilate, baneling goes boom!
Scourge > Borg Cubes
(Shields do not deflect living beings hehe...)

Mutalisk, Corruptors and Leviathans > Borg Vessels
Why? Star Trek shields deflect ENERGY weapons like phasers/torpedoes/protoss beams.
Mutalisks throw some kind of... worm... i think it was called glaive worm...
Even though cubes are huge, they dont dispose of so many cubes as the zerg dispose of mutas and corruptors... The zerg reproduce much more faster.

Also terrans would have a much more higher possibility of survival, as most defensive equipments from the borg are created to deflect energy weapons and terrans have PROJECTILE weapons once again. The most useless crap would be using Yamato Cannons against borg, vikings would be the best to deal with borg cubes as they are very versatile and relatively hard to hit since they are small.

And well... the protoss??? Thats a tough one...

The protoss can just use their psi to collapse the Borg collective's links?
That or either mind control the borg cubes and crash em against each other >:D
Reply Quote
02/19/2012 08:58 PMPosted by kitewing
In most episodes, it was shown that the Borg could adapt their defences very quickly to energy weapons (even those that were "unpredictable" and rotated their frequencies), but they never really highlighted how they would adapt to a biological attack that works in a similar fashion to the Borg's own nanoprobe technology. I guess the Borg's major strength are their primary defences and beyond that it's hard to judge.

Sir you, just catched my thoughts... right before making a second post... lol
Reply Quote
Borg. They have superior technology (to put it mildly), superior resources (to put it mildly), superior numbers (to put it mildly), and superior intellect (to put it mildly).
Reply Quote
Borg. They have superior technology (to put it mildly), superior resources (to put it mildly), superior numbers (to put it mildly), and superior intellect (to put it mildly).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]