StarCraft® II

Pobes vs Zeelot : Discussion

The game seemed to think this always played out the same way; Probes hide behind walls, make turrets, and avoid the Zealot until either the Zealot or Probes win.

But always wanting something more interesting, I thought of trying a new strategy:

Miner Rush

Miners from the Resource Collection posts only cost 2 minerals each and only have a few hit points.

Late in the game, both the posts and the miners are dirt cheap compared to the walls and turrets.

And late in the game, the hit points on the Miners (and SCVS, and, pretty much everything that isn't an upgrade wall) is so low, that any time the Zealot takes to kill them is time that the Zealot is getting resources and upgrades more slowly than the probes.

So find a big area and make a ton of Resource Collection posts. Select them all, and assign it to a hotkey.

Then point the drop off point where you want them to go (the Zealot's home base seems to work) and just keep pumping 'em out by the hundreds!!!

If possible, get others to do it too.

Seemed to turn the game in the Probes' favor (and win) when I tried it. Not sure if it can work well against an experienced Zealot, but it certainly distracts some Zealot players, and, if nothing else, makes the game more interesting.

Keep in mind, at 2 minerals per Miner, they're dirt cheap. Also do your best to continue whatever other strategy you would normally use while you do it.

When I first tried it, the hardest part seemed like it might be educating the other Probe players so they don't kick you while you're busy winning. :-p

The Miner Rush: Innovation by Frogsmart.com

- wwwIdotLA

Reply Quote
Lol. If anything I just want an update. The fact that the game is so bland, if they did a small update every 2-3 days adding 1-2 features I'd be happy. Instead of having the same thing on top of the list that's so underdeveloped for 2 weeks until they can release a bigger update. There's a reason why it's dropping on the popularity list.
Reply Quote
The reason why this map is so popular is because it's so extremly bland.
Reply Quote
02/29/2012 02:22 PMPosted by KennyIsHere
Lol. If anything I just want an update. The fact that the game is so bland, if they did a small update every 2-3 days adding 1-2 features I'd be happy. Instead of having the same thing on top of the list that's so underdeveloped for 2 weeks until they can release a bigger update. There's a reason why it's dropping on the popularity list.

Well the thing is I doubt they have so much free time they can update it every few days. Plus it's not like they indened the game to become popular they were just lazy and made it public so their freinds could test it then it somehow became popular. It's not like it is even a complete game yet so I wish people would stop complaining it sucks.
Reply Quote
do you know where the official thread is for it? with this newest update he can feed of his hunters and become invincible without even leaving his home base. most zeals do it some to get the advantage they need but then dont since its such horrible cheating, and they know it.
Reply Quote
03/01/2012 07:23 AMPosted by koolaroo

Well the thing is I doubt they have so much free time they can update it every few days. Plus it's not like they indened the game to become popular they were just lazy and made it public so their freinds could test it then it somehow became popular. It's not like it is even a complete game yet so I wish people would stop complaining it sucks.

I work full time and attend university classes. I still update my map nearly every day, and it's far more complex than this map. It's either inexperience or laziness driving their update schedule.
Reply Quote
Pobes are op me and a couple of people played a game till both of us were maxed and probes won.
Reply Quote
Auto-Win

Gather up 10 probes. Take turns casting void prison. Build a turret. Win.

Auto-win: Innovation by uberOverlord

Anyone with half a brain already knows that nine probes can stunlock a zealot.

Anyway, Island Defense is so much better than this map. I honestly have no idea why anyone would play this over it.
Reply Quote
03/01/2012 04:31 AMPosted by Thorgan
The reason why this map is so popular is because it's so extremly bland.
Reply Quote
Yes spamming automated mine constructors worked, someone once did it to me and through some careful uses of teleport and spam clicking move while killing miners (very slowwwwly moving) I managed to beat the one probe left that pulled this on me.

I've since used it a couple times, one time I won because I had the zealot trapped in the mid. Another probe started building turrets around him and he ragequit. The next time I was spamming them at mid and didn't notice he managed to upgrade his attack very suddenly and went right for my base, killing my probe while I wasn't looking. :(

One tip is make sure there's a mass of them in mid so if the zealot teleports, he's stuck. Then have a group following him around so if he goes at a base you trap him up against the wall while turrets pelt him.

The hardest part is definitely not getting votekicked. The first time I did it someone tried to and called it "feed", luckily I wasn't kicked and I explained.
Reply Quote
With the new update it's impossible to win as probes. People just troll and die at the start and help the zealot. No one can go pure econ at all or anything. They need to make it so probes can't turn into hunters for the first 10 mins or so.
Reply Quote
03/03/2012 12:42 PMPosted by KennyIsHere
With the new update it's impossible to win as probes. People just troll and die at the start and help the zealot. No one can go pure econ at all or anything. They need to make it so probes can't turn into hunters for the first 10 mins or so.

You must obviously not know how to play then, because even on a small map the probes can definitely win even with 3-4 hunters. If hunters were not able to spawn for the first 10 minutes there would not be a point as they would be 1 shotted by everyone's turrets.
Reply Quote
it usually morning time when i play that i always get kick by probe cause they don't know how to play. when i play at night it full of good player and they know how to deal with 6+ hunter
Reply Quote
how can i download this map so i test some changes i think would be good?
Reply Quote
03/06/2012 08:14 PMPosted by MrTato
how can i download this map so i test some changes i think would be good?

You can't, the map is locked.
Reply Quote
Galaxy vampirism was so much better than this map IMO.

The only way this one is better is if you are stoned.
Reply Quote
Is the aura for the probes helper bugged when near miners? Some guy I just played with said it actually slows them instead of speeding them up. Truth?
Reply Quote
Lots of problems and this game type is just too linear - requires no imagination. Island D is better in nearly every way.

Probe Spirit UP, people just feed in center to become hunters and LOL @ other probes trying to wall. You can't econ now and if zealot just goes dmg + attack speed he will get to max damage really fast. Turret 11 comes much later than zealots final damage.

If zealot goes anything other than DPS, he loses easily because he doesn't have enough income.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]