StarCraft® II

Pobes vs Zeelot : Discussion

Actually, a few more

18. Base together. Seriously, it makes a huge difference. Even just the double void is a big advantage, not to mention more than double the turreting power (you only need one wall between you--the other wall can be salvaged for more turrets).

19. Sending miners to an unoccupied gold with no protection...really doesn't have much of a downside. They don't feed if the zealot finds them--they have no hp to feed off of. As long as they stay alive for a minute or two, you tend to end up ahead economically even if they do get killed (and if they don't get killed you end up significantly ahead).

20. Do you have enough turrets? Here's a quick litmus test. Let's say the zealot walks up to your base and just sits in front of your wall until he dies. How long will it take your turrets to kill him? If you answered more than a minute, then you are going to feed really hard. Ideally your answer is more like "20 seconds or less"--at this kind of number, once you subtract 5 seconds for the void, and 2-3 seconds for the approach, the zealot will get very little feed time. Note that 20 seconds won't kill any decent zealot--you need better than that to kill.

A list of roughly what turrets are needed to kill in 15-20 seconds...
Unupgraded Zealot: roughly a T6
2500 HP Zealot: roughly four T6s
8500 HP, 45% def Zealot: two T9s
pre-gas maxed Zealot: 19 T9s
1 gas HP/Def Zealot: 3 T11s
Maxed Zealot: 2 T13s
Reply Quote
For anyone interested: A friend and I have devoted ourselves to recreating this popular map, with new terrains, mechanics, balances, etc. We've been working on it for weeks and it's almost out of the development stage into play testing.

I present to you, Probes vs Zealots: Rebirth. You can sign up and find out more information on our forums http://www.pvzrebirth.us/ as well as sign up for closed beta tests coming up later in the week.
Reply Quote
Does anyone know a way to download the map to edit it? i just want to see how the game works.
Reply Quote
Who Made pobes vs Zeelot, i want to know this information so i can take over editing it :), Ill make bolder and better before... i want to show everyone who doesnt like the idea of this game, that it can be worth the play!

If anyone has information please email me on, Oliverini@hotmail.com
Edited by WHITEBANE on 2/20/2013 11:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
a
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]