Act of Valor, movie with real navy seals

This is recently a new movie, and this is unlike any war movie I have ever seen, and i've seen them all.

This is based on an actual U.S. Navy Seal mission, with real active duty navy seals, real weapons, ammunition, equipment, gadgets, vehicles, and tactics. Everything is real.

Thumbs up if you are going to see this movie, in honor of our brave U.S. Navy SEALS

By the way, the best part is 0:41 - 0:51
Edited by IronManSC on 2/26/2012 10:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
astrai you really are harsh, have you ever considered toning it down a little, or perhaps phrasing things more gently? You don't have to punch people in the face with the truth, in order for them to see it.
Anyways I am planning on seeing the movie soon so is it any good (regardless of how real it is, or what it is based on)
Reply Quote

Are you a vet? Do you personally know people who are?

My stepdad is. He was in the military for 15 years back in the mid 90s during the first Gulf War, and he got blinded by an accident, not by combat.

Even though he wasn't even injured during combat, he has a VERY good pension and when he married my mother, we all got full health and dental under his plan (which is either fully or like 95% covered), he got $350(ish) every month for myself, my brother, and my sister, his guide dog was fully covered by the VA (and his subsequent 2 guide dogs have as well), and if we wanted it, we had 2 years I believe of free post secondary education.

I have been in the military myself for the past 11 years, so if you don't have any idea what you are talking about, shut your mouth.

Just sayin'
Reply Quote
Meh, I dislike these movies that glorify the armed forces. They should make movies about how crappy life is when you come home from your tour of duty. Especially if you're injured or need some mental help.
Reply Quote
"Everyone loves their soldiers until they come home and stop fighting."
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)