StarCraft® II

Buildings

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Monolith
The Dark Pylon, or Monolith could recharge energy, cloak a unit, and supercharge Probes to make them mine 1 mineral faster.

So they announced new units, and pretty much stated they were enabled by, or would come from existing buildings.

But I can't help but wonder, what if they added things besides units.
They've said they would with Mass Recall and Arc Shield on the Nexus.
They've also shown some odd terrain structures that worked kind of opposite of the rocks we currently have.

What scrapped or new building ideas would be interesting?
I'd like to see a reason to build more than one Lair/Hive. 500/1000 hp just doesn't feel worth the cost.
Reply Quote
Wouldn't it be cool if the Zerg buildings were attached to the main/ closest hatchery by some type of veins going through the creep!
Reply Quote
^That would be cool visuals fo sho, you kill the veins and they don't recharge HP anymore until vein is rebuilt.
Reply Quote
The veins idea doesn't quite work. Since the creep IS technically their veins.

However, I would love to see a slight "random" factor in the appearance of zerg structures.
They would still be recognizable, but would have random factors such as more/less spikes, tentacles, or other such things.

Another idea, taken from a custom mod, is the "New Folsom Cannon"
It works exactly like a Xel-Naga Tower, but has 500 hp and can be used as a decent turret. when under your control
Edited by Rikkmaery on 1/16/2013 7:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]