StarCraft® II

(Galaxy Vampirism) vs (Probes vs Zealots)

I am just really confused as to why pvz is more popular, I have played both, and pvz just feels boring to me, I know that vamps is not noob friendly, but if you spend the time to learn and play it, it becomes alot of fun. I guess im just asking for some opinions on why it is more popular atm. Is it just because its on page one? or is there an element about it, that makes it a better game, and please be detailed if there is one, because I really dont see anything in pvz that vamps has not done better.
Reply Quote
03/02/2012 04:06 PMPosted by SumRandomGuy
Vamps get blink in galaxy, so I don't play it. They usually spam spells at the buildings behind your wall and then just blink right in.

Defensive towers have high armor, and regenerate very quickly, therefore they cannot be destroyed. yes vampirism is not easy to master, but neither is the normal sc2 game. probes vs zeelot just seems like a dumbed down version of vampirisim. Does that make it a better game?
Reply Quote
It makes it more simple for those who don't want to learn how to play a more complicated game or it's something new and they want to try it out OR it doesn't have feed boxes and there's a vote kick system.
Reply Quote
Most of the time I use custom games as a kind of newgrounds thing, or even a simple indie game, where I can just play it. I personally go somewhere else if I want a more complicated game. That's just my view on custom games.
Reply Quote
Custom map players like bland/simple games. Games you can beat in your sleep. Look at every popular game out there. None of them require more than about 10 apm.
Reply Quote
Pobes vs Zeelot is absolute trash. Yoshi explains it quite succinctly above.
Reply Quote
So vampirism will die because its more complex, and takes more skill, and is actually balanced. in pvz it seems that probes always win unless some idiot feeds zealot alot. does this make easy games= more fun? because I always thought challenging games were fun, but i guess when a majority of players win they get that feeling that they are awesome, even tho the game is imbalanced and in their own ignorance the are still able to feel that. about right?
Reply Quote
First off, stamping your feet and flaming isn't going to get you anywhere.

Second, Pobes vs Zeelots is pretty balanced. The win ratio in most of my games is 50%. As long as everyone knows what they're doing econ for both Pobes and Zeelots progresses at a very linear rate until you get into the late game where things take a steep incline.

Last, the difference is that vampirism wasn't balanced at all. You needed to feed the vampire or else they would lose unless they cheesed and blunk up into your base. Bypassing expensive defenses is NOT fun or balanced. Nor is needing to blink passed them to win. I don't know why you think that game was fun, because from what I can remember it instilled a lot of anger and flaming from most of the people that played it. Pobes vs Zeelots hasn't done that.

Sure the game is easy, but you have to remember that long and confusing games easily deter people. I'm sorry you don't enjoy playing it but the map maker worked very hard to produce the map and the least you could do is respect the time and effort he put into both balancing it and adding quality of life improvements.
Reply Quote
First off, stamping your feet and flaming isn't going to get you anywhere.

Second, Pobes vs Zeelots is pretty balanced. The win ratio in most of my games is 50%. As long as everyone knows what they're doing econ for both Pobes and Zeelots progresses at a very linear rate until you get into the late game where things take a steep incline.

Last, the difference is that vampirism wasn't balanced at all. You needed to feed the vampire or else they would lose unless they cheesed and blunk up into your base. Bypassing expensive defenses is NOT fun or balanced. Nor is needing to blink passed them to win. I don't know why you think that game was fun, because from what I can remember it instilled a lot of anger and flaming from most of the people that played it. Pobes vs Zeelots hasn't done that.

Sure the game is easy, but you have to remember that long and confusing games easily deter people. I'm sorry you don't enjoy playing it but the map maker worked very hard to produce the map and the least you could do is respect the time and effort he put into both balancing it and adding quality of life improvements.

Vampirism is balanced, and you dont need to give any feed boxes to a good set of vampires. The only imbalance issue in vamps, is that total newbs feed alot to a decent vamp who then a-moves to win, or newbs that play vamp and die in 5 minutes. yes it has a learning curve more then probes, but is alot more enjoyable. and I do not think pvz is balanced, if all the probes build walls around the center where zeal spawns, and they all make turrets, he dies, nothing he can do. I have come close to doing that solo, and it was my first try at it. once I got a couple people to do it with me he got destroyed. you call that balanced? and also its not 50/50 every game I have played probes have won, so either im amazing good at the game, or its imbalanced.
Reply Quote

By blunk I assume you mean blink, and it is not easy to blink into a base, just noting this, and only large bases with a very small front choke, and a large area to build have a backdoor to blink up that must be blocked with defensive tower and either feed boxes or your slayer. This is there for the reason that these larger bases can hold multiple players who pool together, as well as allow dts to get in a backdoor. This is not imbalanced, and unless the vamp is overfed, then you will have plenty of time to block it off before he can break in.
Reply Quote
Imo most games which follow this method have at least 1 way that it's imbalanced.

Pobes vs Zeelots is a matter of not having your base found and having the best econ.

ID takes pro builders to make the game unwinnable for titan, and the builders can place 1 wall to escape.

Galaxy vamps is a matter of getting a tier higher of the vamps and it has some wildly OP items. Also, I don't agree with how the melee slayer has the same stats as all the others, even though he has a handicap.
Reply Quote
Pobes vs Zeelot is more noob friendly. Really basic. I'd say Z is op in that game if they buy the right items in order, But rarely does that happen. I'd like to see more games go into late game though.

Galaxy Vampirism, is my fav map imo. It takes a few games to learn but that's no problem. There's also a two different versions out so that kind of drops the hours on the game a bit as well. Back when the game used to be front page, it was still imba and yet people still liked it. Now there're too many different things that can change the game. So that has killed off a lot of the players.

Reply Quote
ugg probes vs zealot. . . i really dont understand how people can still play that game most games that i played i didnt even get found due to the zealot only needing to find a couple bases ( most people just econ and zealot can farm off there non turreted base ) really boring not much to the game zealot can find a base and just watch his health when he gets low run to middle and then go back to semi afking . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . also most games probes dont even get to attack the zealot or even need to fend them off with turrets . thats another thing theres no offense period for probes only defense
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]