LOAP, (WC3 game) make a SC2

Hello everyone, do you remember ever playing a game on Warcraft 3, called LOAP, or short for Life of a peasent, truly a great game, can last as long as 30 minutes or for hours, i myself enjoyed this great game and spent hours playing it, but i would like to have a SC2 version, Cortex is fun, but everyone is basically....a god.. with the game called LOAP everyone has a role set as the join game, which my not be so good when you wanna be a certain person, but im sure this game will work out VERY well, and i myself, really suck at making maps, so i hopefully can get someone whos really good at making maps and do this, Comment! and tell me idea's!
Reply Quote
Sweet. thanks alot Chuck, i will defitantly look into this, and hopefully try yours out aswell
Reply Quote
Well when ever you need someone to test anygame for you, just contact me, if you need any advice or anything else, just contact, me myself, i do not know a thing about scripting or spawning or anything, but i can defitantly help you out in other means with idea's, criticizing, ect ect just toss me a pst send me messages and stuff
Reply Quote
bump
Reply Quote
I actually made part of a LoaP map, but then I got sidetracked on another project. I may go back to working on it at some point.
Reply Quote
I used to be really good at WCIII map editor and am getting much better at the sc2 editor, If anyone has a map that they have made for loap just contact me and i could help with triggers and characters and what not.

My code to friend me is 632... but i bet you could have found that lol
Reply Quote
Well I better not end up homeless or otherwise without a decent PC & Internet or something whilst spending my time mapmaking or I might never get it done. I get very depressed and things go really slow but sometimes go through bursts of activity where I get a lot of scripting and other things done. No telling for sure how fast I'll progress with my maps.

Right now actors are really bothering me the most. I can't figure out how to make them work for me. There don't seem to be any tutorials or explanations on actor messages and I basically just looked at some of the libNtve functions Blizzard provided and figured out how to do a few things like tinting a unit and changing its model (but not its death model), playing an animation, setting the duration the animations play for, and there's also an explosion thing and a look at actor thing which I haven't been able to get to work for me at all. I hate actors...

I reckon I'll make a lot of progress with my wave spawn system, AI, various dialogue-based systems, and terrain generator though over the next while if I am not interrupted too much.

If you have questions post em and I'll see what I can do to answer them.
Reply Quote
Curious if this is still a work in progress? One of my fav games from WC3 hoping to get an update :P add me / e-mail me if you want some help
Reply Quote
I am creating a LOAP map currently and on the verge of finishing it up and releasing it to the community. I am extremely excited about the project and I'm confident it will be enjoyed. Let me know if you'd like details on it.

I hope you all are as excited as I am.
Reply Quote
josh what is the name of the map and has it been released
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]