StarCraft® II

Can someone here explain the RP System?

I don't get how it works. I want to join one, but I don't understand how it works.
Reply Quote
You make a character that can fit in the Starcraft Universe, but isn't blatantly overpowered. I will give you two examples. One is my character.

Name:
Race:
Sub-Species/Unit:
Characteristics:
Abilities:
Backstory:

Name: Goes by "The Changeling"
Race: Zerg
Sub-Species/Unit: Psionic Changeling
Height: roughly 7"
Characteristics: Light Blue eyes, tends to use legs instead of a single blob, three clawed fingers, wings, a tail. TWO HEARTS.
Abilities: Can change any part of his body into a weapon, and can look and sound like others. Has potent Regeneration and psionic abilities.
Backstory: A normal Changeling that was given it's free will for it's tactical advice and strategic knowledge. Is now somewhat of a lone wolf mercenary, aiding Queens in need during their conquests.

(This is the OP One now)
Name: Bob
Race: Hybrid
Sub-Species/Unit: Hybrid Reaver
Height: 15"
Characteristics: Has large claws and a head.
Abilities: Can kill anything in a single hit.
Backstory: Was made in a dominion lab and killed everything. He is now doing whatever.

The above is not a well thought out character and is overpowered (OP).

Basically, each thread has a different storyline. It is basically writing a book with the help of a lot of other people, at the same time. Besides what I just said, do not defy logic or the fourth wall.
Reply Quote
^
That.

Heres an example of my main character:

Name: Nick
Race: Protoss/Terran
Sub-Species: Zealot
Height: 10' 1"
Characteristics: Calm, calculated. A tactician.
Abilities: Psionic detection/telepathy. (Both standard among Protoss) Relys on his equipment to get the job done.
Equiptment: (Long list. This character has been developing for almost a year.) Psi blades, Broken warp blade, Ghost rifle, C-7 combat pistol, 2 Emp Grendades, Marine suit, Ghost suit, and a Viking.
Backstory: A Zealot that was wounded in battle and saved by a Terran ghost. He Joined forces with the Terrans, and has worked side by side with humans for many years.

(That was a short version of the backstory. I have a much, much longer backstory written out. Somewhere...)

Reply Quote
I usually make up a random name I like and I'm usually DT or normal solder.
Reply Quote
Do you know how young 208 is in Protoss age, it is too young for a Nerazim to become one, and from how strong I have seen Nick in battle, he is probably been practicing battle since he was born if he really would be that young.
But yes, they have great examples.
Reply Quote
Do not listen to Ace. Ever.

He constantly makes random characters with shoddy backstories and changes plotlines for worse.
Edited by NickDaMan on 3/6/2012 3:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
plasmaman

Do you know how young 208 is in Protoss age, it is too young for a Nerazim to become one, and from how strong I have seen Nick in battle, he is probably been practicing battle since he was born if he really would be that young.
But yes, they have great examples

Notice: Oldest Protoss recorded was around 1050 years old. So the scale is around 10. Therefore, for a Protoss, Nick is in his early twenties.
Reply Quote
NEVER listen to Ace. He kills RPs.
Reply Quote
Do not listen to Ace. Ever.

He constantly makes random characters with shoddy backstories and changes plotlines for worse.

No... You guys just give me bad summeries.
Reply Quote
You ask for a summary every couple of pages.
Reply Quote
Ace, you do need to work on your backstories and your characters.
Reply Quote
I lose track of my characters so I make more than I should xD I think I'll make up 2 characters that I'll use often in the next rp's I join...and hopefully don't die T_T
Reply Quote
03/06/2012 02:42 PMPosted by HowBabysRBrn
Besides what I just said, do not defy logic or the fourth wall.

Essentially, what HBRB has said is correct. There are exceptions, however. Certain threads are crossovers, and thus it is appropriate to reference things in other threads, but only threads that you yourself have participated in. Breaking the fourth wall is generally frowned upon, as to the characters the RP thread is reality, but if the nature of the thread (ie inter-character competitions) allows it, it may be appropriate.

When participating in a RP, procedure is quite simple. The easiest thing to do is to think about how you yourself would react to a given situation, and then apply that to your character.
Reply Quote
Remember to use proper grammar and capitalize everything. Makes people willing to read your posts.

And yes, Ace is a troll.

Ignore everything he says.
Reply Quote
Well. Important stuff to know.

Character set up: SEE ABOVE

My name is Zanon. I am a regular at Joeyray's and the unofficial forum sheriff of Joeyray's.
My (unofficial) job is to give a brief orientation to new RPers at Joeyray's Bar. This includes relevant facts about myself and others.

The first and most important thing is: BLIZZARD'S CODE OF CONDUCT.
You can find this on the bottom of any page on the forum. In them you will find all the things that they can ban you for.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Thundercrash knows what he is talking about, but really any of the people here can be counted on to answer a serious question.

As a courtesy to others, do not kill their characters. Also try to keep your punctuation in top form. We have a lot of perfectionists here, as this is primarily a story forum.

----------IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ME----------
I am an easy going person but, if you post something that contains x-rated or downright disgusting material I WILL REPORT YOU.
I have reported two people for this, and they were both PERMANENTLY banned.
----------End note----------

People who really know what they are doing around here:

Thundercrash
  • Most Used Character Type: Terran
    His enemies go blind from his shear awesomeness. (Not really, they are just dead)
    Excellent post length and quality.
    Cloaked Love founder. (That's a big deal)
  • Zanon (myself)
  • Most Used Character Type: Protoss/Terran
    Most rational individual here.
    The bar owner.
  • Good People:

TheCommander
  • Most Used Character Type: Terran
    AWESOME post length and quality.
  • HowBabysRBrn
  • Most Used Character Type: Zerg (Changeling)
    Constantly trying to evolve character.
  • Almost Everyone Else.

Watch out for:

ace
  • He tries to be constructive, but it conflict often follows him
    He is picked on more than anyone else here. Be tolerant.
  • Edited by Zanon on 6/20/2012 1:08 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    You forgot about my obvious insanity and mental instability...
    Reply Quote
    Good now you know the RP System. Some RPs you should join are...
    A day to remember...
    Colonization of Candore (Sorry if I spelled it wrong)
    The Crash
    Cloaked Love
    ETC. (Any RPs on the first 3 pages because those are best)
    A good way to find a good RP is to look at the thread poster and posters. You will know it is good if the thread poster or posters have a thread in one of the top three pages and has been commented by many, or if the poster has posted a character that is not op and has good details and a good back story or bio.
    Reply Quote
    Or if they are on a high number of parts.
    A Zergling & Zealot is on it's 9th part, The Crash is on it's 6th. You know, things like that.
    Reply Quote
    RPing is quite simple, pretty much what everyone else is saying. Don't troll, never break the fourth wall, don't go against the storyline, use right grammar and spelling, and long posts are always good.
    Reply Quote
    OP charecters can be OP in certain scenarios, in my opinion, If you are the only antagonist in the whole story, an OP charecter can be used to fight the party
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]