StarCraft® II

Can someone here explain the RP System?

I believe it's to early to judge that, but once you get in later that might be the best time to talk about your character. It just gives the others time to think about how well you did.
Reply Quote
Stupid as hell

...Is my response
Reply Quote
Then why are you coming to Joe Rays Vigorous? To troll us I assume.
Reply Quote
Here's a few good tips (At least in my opinion):
  • Be yourself, just as another person. XD
  • Have a basic understanding of Starcraft universe, as most RPs are generally set here.
  • Don't say actions that are set in stone. For example "I shoot ShadowFury in the face." You want to give people room to react. Such as "I raise my rifle and fire at shot at ShadowFury's head."
  • Use clear, intact sentences.
  • I find 3rd person is a good way to have your character relate easier to other people, but I see most others prefer to type in 1st. Whatever floats your boat though.
  • I also find it slightly annoying when people have their characters blurt out their whole background story when making aquatints. This isn't a tip, I'm jus' sayin'.
  • Edited by Avikon on 7/1/2012 3:03 PM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I usually use one of two characters. My first one is Gregor Golding who was a failure of the Gestalt project and then I have Lorenzo Chevalle. He is a governmental official who directs criminal groups to keep the Dominion in power. I did Lorenzo because I wanted a character not based on his power but more upon his personality, which is usually very humorous.
    Reply Quote
    You also once used a bunch of different probes.
    Reply Quote
    I also wantto join up and RP but i am kindve nervous an most of the RPs are into their later stages so it feels wrong to join up
    Reply Quote
    Join For Honor, Glory and Home. We just started.
    Reply Quote
    Or Earth's Maw". Everyone is still just bickering outside. Only one person has actually entered the Vault :P
    Edited by Nikola on 7/14/2012 11:40 AM PDT
    Reply Quote
    I'm trying to get them in the door...
    Reply Quote
    Zergling & Zealot, don't really need to know much in it. It is never far in. It is always just at the starting.
    Reply Quote
    I would mention my Academy, but I've had so much BS over the past few months that I say: "Forget it! This is a private piece of school." Then I laugh and almost mention my Academy.

I would mention my Academy, but I've had so much BS over the past few months that I say: "Forget it! This is a private piece of school." Then I laugh and almost mention my Academy.

Reply Quote
    Did you really have to do it 4 times?
    Reply Quote
    I think he's a broken record
    Reply Quote
    It's like those loops.

My name is Yon Yonsen, I live in Wisconsin, I work in the lumbermill there. The people I meet when I walk down the street ask for my name and I say:
    My name is Yon Yonsen, I live in Wisconsin, I work in the lumbermill there. The people I meet when I walk down the street ask for my name and I say:

And so on into infinity. Just like what I did.
    Reply Quote
    HBRB got hacked. Now, everyone is vying for his usual spot, the insane, inane, master of ceremonies.
    Reply Quote
    I believe it is actually HBRB, ThunderCrash, and Zanon. I think he would be offended at not being included. And then he drops science-bombs all over us :/

I could be insane, its just better to make first impressions while sane. Then they trust you. Then you steal their cat, and duct-tape it to a buttered piece of toast, with the buttered side facing away from the cat. Very important that it points away. Then you drop the cat from a great height, so its special "landing on feet" powers activate, but the buttered toast attempts to land properly, with the buttered side down, so it begins a paradox where the cat cannot actually land, due to conflicting powers. Then you ride the cat like a hover-bike off into the sunset :D So you can go collect and army of small rabbits that have been genetically modified to have a lot more teeth. Very sharp teeth at that. And they can jump several meters, allowing them to quickly close the distance with enemies and rip their throats out. You then proceed to conquer the world, all unbeknownst to your friend who's cat you had stolen, because you had done this all overnight, and with your ruling-the-world money, you bought them a new cat, which you cloned from their previous cat, making them indistinguishable. (Apart from the "eternally spinning" part. That might tip them off that one is different...) What was I talking about again? Oh, yes, the usefullness of baboons....

*Becomes incoherent ramblings {as if it wasn't already} Hey, shut up, brain! You have no say in this! {Says who, your spleen?} No, spleen has been quiet lately. He might have died. (begins crying) HE WAS MY ONLY FRIEND....{Shut up, puny mortal. I will have to rule this world without you if you don't stop blathering like an idiot} Fine.*

*Walks away holding brain's hand*

FIN

Happy ending, was it not? :D >:3

*Slinks into corner and begins muttering again*
    Edited by Nikola on 7/16/2012 3:23 PM PDT
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]