Voice Chat not working

I cannot hear my friend and he cannot hear me.
1) Voice test works and my bars move up and down when I talk
2) Firewall is off
3) Had the same router and it has never done this before
4) Had the same modem and it has never done this before
5) I have always been on snow leopard
5) Used this the night before last and it worked fine, haven't been on since. Never had this issue before.
6) Tried opening UDP 1119 and 1120 already.
Reply Quote
I played a game with my friend about an hour ago, and we had the same issue. This happens pretty often, but usually one or both of us restarting SC2 will get it to work. No luck tonight though.
Reply Quote
Same here. I even restarted my computer and my router.
Reply Quote
Same... no voice chat ;(
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks for the reports, I will look into this matter and see what I can find out.

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Reply Quote
Same here. Used to work up until a week ago. We have PCs though.
Edited by Bubba on 3/9/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
same issue.. Blizzard hope you fix this soon
Reply Quote
Sure glad I'm not the only one who is having this issue. It was bothering me as it started last Saturday. I hope they fix this soon
Reply Quote
I am also having this problem. Stopped working all the sudden. Restarting SC used to fix problem, but no luck for the past couple of days. I also have a PC as do the people I'm playing with.
Edited by CaptainK on 3/11/2012 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This is being investigated currently. We've gotten a few reports of this. I'll pass on any status updates.

Pfft! Secret doors, who needs 'em? What do I care about secret doors?... and the unparalleled delights they keep hidden from the world!
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Could y'all test again and see if this works? This should be fixed by now, but I would like to get feedback confirmation from the community :)

Reply Quote
Had to disable/reenable voice chat, but it does work now. Thanks
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Woot :)

Reply Quote
Same issue here. My friends on pc can hear me but I can't hear them?!?!
Reply Quote
JackNoPlaque you are not the only one!
Reply Quote
Since the patch it's still working can someone please figure this out?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
This should be fixed. Have you tried today to see if it helps?
Reply Quote
i cannot get voice chat to work with my brother, we both have iMacs??
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Does VoiceChat work for anyone you attempt to play with?
Reply Quote
i have the same issue I have tried enabling and disabling ive tried direct sound and fmod. no matter what I do test works great and even the toast works but they cant see toast, hear me, and I cant hear them. it is the weirdest thing because prior to hots it worked perfect. I tried both push to talk and voice activated. I opened all ports, nothing. I uninstalled antivirus and disabled windows firewall. still nothing. p.s. Skype and ventrillo work perfect.

please help
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]