Swarm host drops.

Think about it. Expensive, but I am almost completely sure it would be awesome. I'd drop it in a vision blocker patch like you would use for a nydus worm or hiding a scout for later scouts. Suddenly out of the blue! Locusts in your base! attack coming in the front! Who else think this will be great?
Reply Quote
That's a great idea, just reverse the positioning of the locusts and the rest of your army.
Reply Quote
I don't know, I feel like it'd be the equivalent of a tank drop... I'm looking forward to combining them with spines for defense and pressuring the front HARD. A nydus to the front door might allow us to do a version of the marine tank contain Terran's sometimes do to us. On the other hand it would require detection, so against a Toss with no robo it could be interesting. I can't help but imagine that Terran would just scan and end it very quickly.
Reply Quote
ling drops would be better unless its a doom drop. Swarm hosts are crazy powerful in head on fights with viper support, so better to use ling drops or mutas, at least by my theorycrafting xD
Reply Quote
They're more of a seige unit. Using them to harass would not work. They would find the source of the locusts and kill the swarmhost.
Reply Quote
I was thinking of trying it right behind a mineral line, in zvz if they do not have detec or like you said with the toss not having any obs it would be brutal. If not fatal it will stop them from mining for a good amount of time. Obviously focusing down a nexus/hatch and getting out before they can get detection would be awesome.
Reply Quote
rally the locusts into a nydus worm and out the other end into his base!
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 12:45 AMPosted by Nasreth
if this works swarm hosts are op as hell.

iirc summoned units can't go through Nydus.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 12:45 AMPosted by Nasreth
rally the locusts into a nydus worm and out the other end into his base!

does this actually work?

!@#$ dude you just blew my mind. if this works swarm hosts are op as hell.

No. Locusts don't go through nydus worms. That would be sick though...to be able to siege your opponent from the other side of the map.

SH need to be babysat. And they require a few good waves before they even begin to pay for themselves. Odds are, you'll get 1 or 2 good waves and lose your SH, then lose your advantage (because you only use SH as joke units in HOTS...), then lose the game.
Reply Quote
01/13/2013 06:27 AMPosted by Nasreth
SH need to be babysat. And they require a few good waves before they even begin to pay for themselves. Odds are, you'll get 1 or 2 good waves and lose your SH, then lose your advantage (because you only use SH as joke units in HOTS...), then lose the game.

I've actually seen rekatan use them to great effect vs Protoss :) You should check out his stream sometime to see how he does it!

Was going to say this. I see him unburrow and move his SH after every wave. The terran scans around frantically but never gets them.
Reply Quote
There's a reason you don't see Terran drop Tanks
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]