StarCraft® II

SC2Ranks

Yoyoyo,

I think the information from SC2Ranks.com should be incorporated into the Starcraft application, like maybe another tab in the 'League and Ladders' part. I really like the region and world ranks, as well as the nice graphs and the rank by category search!

Agree? Disagree? Don't give a #$%^?
Reply Quote
03/09/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Seabass
Don't give a #$%^?

Pretty sure Blizzard would choose this.
Reply Quote
03/09/2012 07:10 PMPosted by Seabass
Don't give a #$%^?
Reply Quote
MVP - StarCraft
Yoyoyo,

I think the information from SC2Ranks.com should be incorporated into the Starcraft application, like maybe another tab in the 'League and Ladders' part. I really like the region and world ranks, as well as the nice graphs and the rank by category search!

Agree? Disagree? Don't give a #$%^?

SC2Ranks is an excellent resource but it is far from perfect because there are hidden elements in the ladder which prevent the world and region ranks from becoming an accurate representation of a unified ladder. For example, there are hidden offsets applied to leagues and divisions (there are different tiers of divisions within each league which essentially serve to subdivide each league) such that Player A with 500 points might be #1 in region rank according to SC2Ranks, but in reality his division has such a high offset that his actual region rank might be #104. Back in 2010 when Blizzard released weekly Top 200 lists per region, those lists were generated without these offsets, which created discrepancies between them and SC2Ranks and caused quite a bit of confusion.
Reply Quote
SC2Ranks is an excellent resource but it is far from perfect because there are hidden elements in the ladder which prevent the world and region ranks from becoming an accurate representation of a unified ladder. For example, there are hidden offsets applied to leagues and divisions (there are different tiers of divisions within each league which essentially serve to subdivide each league) such that Player A with 500 points might be #1 in region rank according to SC2Ranks, but in reality his division has such a high offset that his actual region rank might be #104. Back in 2010 when Blizzard released weekly Top 200 lists per region, those lists were generated without these offsets, which created discrepancies between them and SC2Ranks and caused quite a bit of confusion.

Good point. I noticed this too. Couldn't these issues be resolved in a battle.net implementation though? I really like the league system, but there is so much variance between divsions that it really doesn't give you a good idea of where exactly you stand relative to other people in the same league.
Reply Quote
More Stats!

Bah, why do I even bother :(

Stats cater to the player who likes to keep track of his E-sport and Blizzard has already shown they don't cater to those people, they cater to the people who can't hit the play button for the two weeks they try Starcraft because they have, 'anxiety.'

Hence the, "We can't even see our losses record because we are a dumbed down E-sports community."

And here I was about to ask for more stats.... yet again.

Silly me.
Reply Quote
But I have anxiety and don't want any stats.

Hence the, "We can't even see our losses record because we are a dumbed down E-sports community."
Reply Quote
http://sc2ranks.com/stats/league/all/1/all/7

You think it will look good when Zerg is #1 in master, diamond, plat by a country mile?

PS, I say country mile because when you compare those figures to the total number of Zerg players, you'll find Zerg is by far the least played race, so there is no reason for them to do so well in higher leagues.
Reply Quote
The same information is available through SC2Ranks.com, so I don't see why it'd be a big deal to have it on Battlenet. It's people's personal choice if they want to click the button and look at stats, no one is forcing them to, and their losses could still not be displayed (unless they were in grand/master league). Having the option to show or hide losses in your profile would be a pretty useful feature in my opinion, for the leagues below master.

03/10/2012 11:09 AMPosted by Kieliebak
You think it will look good when Zerg is #1 in master, diamond, plat by a country mile?

Who said anything about looking good? That's the way it is, no use hiding from the truth, this information should be readily available to everyone in the Starcraft application.
Edited by Seabass on 3/10/2012 12:23 PM PST
Reply Quote
03/10/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Seabass
The same information is available through SC2Ranks.com, so I don't see why it'd be a big deal to have it on Battlenet. I

It would be a big deal because the cold hard fact is that not everyone in SC2 even knows about SC2Ranks. Sure this information is available, but you need to be a little more involved in the community to know about it.

03/10/2012 12:20 PMPosted by Seabass
Who said anything about looking good? That's the way it is, no use hiding from the truth, this information should be readily available to everyone in the Starcraft application.

Blizz is a company and like the vast majority of companies, representing their product in the best light possible makes business sense. Heck, Dustin and David have been claiming balance and posted their own statistics accounting for X,Y,Z which clearly showed the game actually was perfectly balanced! That was around the time on average 50% of top 200 players were Terran :)

SC2Ranks, does not take into account X,Y,Z etc etc etc, it merely shows the number of players in GM, Master, Diamond etc.

So to answer your question, Blizz won't (for good reason) include a 3rd party product in their solution. They have no control over it and it isn't flattering.
Edited by Kieliebak on 3/11/2012 1:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]