StarCraft® II

A Starcraft (RTS) player also likes Anime

Just curious of how many of you guys also enjoy watching anime series like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece etc?
Reply Quote
I watch them... although I'm not sure if I ENJOY watching them...
Reply Quote
I watch Bleach regularly. I have found much better though.
Reply Quote
I <3 One Piece. Bleach and Naruto are good too, but I stopped watching those for some reason.
Reply Quote
I love the Studio Ghibli stuff, but other than that, no.
Reply Quote
I read manga more than watching anime. Rurouni Kenshin&Fullmetal Alchemist are the best manga of all time imo. It inspired me in so many ways.
Reply Quote
I watch anime, but none of the ones you listed.

The only decent anime JUMP makes is Gintama.
Reply Quote
I like Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Dragon Ball Z

Trigun

High School of the Dead

Samurai X

Reply Quote
I watch anime, not as much as I used to as I tend to simply read the mangas/manhwas instead.

My favorite ongoing manga is One Piece as it is just awesome.
I read Bleach/Naruto out of habit more than anything else, I just want to see them end.
I also read HxH, KHR, Toriko, and Beelzebub because they are pretty good.

There are a few awesome manhwas (Korean mangas) that I read regularly, my favorites being Tower of God, Noblesse, and Id.

For completed series, Fullmetal Alchemist is undoubtedly the best. I'm attempting to collect all the volumes in print because it is awesome (I read everything online).
Edited by GolDRoger on 3/12/2012 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
03/12/2012 12:10 AMPosted by ecsalunga
Just curious of how many of you guys also enjoy watching anime series like Naruto, Bleach and One Piece etc?

Only Deathnote. All hail mature animation.
Reply Quote
03/12/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Doncroft

Only Deathnote. All hail mature animation.

Deathnote was too intense for me. I got about half way through, but stopped because I didn't like that my 2 favorite characters were out to kill each other again. I preferred it when they worked together. I do know how it ends (heard it from a friend) so I have no reason to watch the rest.
Reply Quote
03/12/2012 12:10 AMPosted by ecsalunga

I like some anime, but I prefer shows that have an intended ending. That is they aren't designed to run for 100's of episodes and has lots of filler.

My one exception to this is Berserk. That show should have lasted more than one season, even if the manga never ends. Although I lost interest in the manga for this very reason. Such a good story. Shame it didn't get wrapped up a short while after the "incident". (Disclaimer: Berserk is very mature and I don't recommend it to anyone. If you've seen the manga before, then you know what I'm talking about.)

Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are short, but are some of the best I have seen.

FMA: Brotherhood was good. I think it was better than the original. Its action sequences are definitely better than most in Bleach. Best part is almost zero filler.

Out of the shows you have listed, the one I can say I have definitely watched is Bleach, but I lost interest eventually. Way too much filler and the plot goes no where. Even with a ridiculous plot, "Now and Then, Here and There" is a better show.

Anyone watch Rainbow? I could only stomach watching like 2 episodes. Its the most depressing fictional show (of any kind) I have ever seen.

Generally I think anime is pretty !@#$ing dumb and the people that talk about it are about as silly as that whole "brony" thing. But different strokes for different folks.

Most of anime is crap, but there are some good shows out there. The important thing to remember as you try anime is that there are some things you just can't un-see. Never ever watch Ninja Resurrection. Ever.
Reply Quote
03/12/2012 12:19 PMPosted by PhxdB
I hate how slow paced it is. The 20 minute stare down before anyone makes a single move before a battle? Yawn inspiring.

It isn't all like that. Try FMA: Brotherhood.
Reply Quote
like anime but not so casual/mainstream/low-quality as bleach naruto and one piece... they're not bad compared to western shows (or at least, they fit my tastes more than western shows which seem to be all about live action sex, explosions, and gore)

But compared to masterpieces like code geass, clannad, steins;gate? they suck xD

But yes sc2 + anime ftw!
Reply Quote
I have a list longer than the number of pros that play Starcraft 2, but to me it's more like I'm just watching regular tv because I keep up with the seasonal stuff.

I also read manga, and I prefer that because all the good shounen mangas get animated by sub-par studios (like fairy tail) and they tend to go on weird tangents in the middle of important story arcs (naruto is really notorious for this, it's the reason I only just started watching it again)

I also watch american tv like psych and house md, but I don't actually have cable TV so I don't really fine shows by flipping channels like most people and it's easier to download and stream anime online than it is to stream amercian television.
Reply Quote
I really like One Piece. I can't really get into the other "long" animes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]