StarCraft® II

A Starcraft (RTS) player also likes Anime

03/12/2012 07:59 PMPosted by Doncroft
Light Yagami is the most evil cartoon villain of all time.

No, I think Griffith from Berserk has a better claim to that title.
Reply Quote
03/12/2012 08:12 PMPosted by Abstraction
Light Yagami is the most evil cartoon villain of all time.

No I think Yami Bakura or Yami Marik from Yu-Gi-Oh! has a better claim to that title.
Reply Quote
Naruto is pretty awesome, i watched bleach along time ago but it got really terrible imo. like a bad inconsistent DBZ
Reply Quote
Fullmetal Alchemist. It's just....perfect...

I also enjoy Tower of Druaga. It's an anime based on a video game...and although the fighting scenes aren't phenomenal, I found it a great watch.

Naruto, meh. It was ok at the start, then it just kept dragging on and on...I'll watch it if it's on, but I don't seek it out.

Don't watch any others.
Reply Quote
I don't understand Gintama being "too long." I get why other Jump series are too long, like Bleach/Naruto/One Piece, because they actually have some sort of goal the characters are aiming for. Gintama, though, really has no plot at all. It's just a really funny anime that happens have a whole bunch of episodes under its belt. It's not like you can be "behind" the plot on Gintama, you can almost pop in anywhere on any episode and the only things you would miss are some running gags.

But yeah, with the other popular Jump series, if you just watch the first arc where the actual plot develops, you would think to yourself "hey, this could be enjoyable!" Like I really enjoyed the first episode arc of Bleach and even One Piece was semi interesting. But then there's soooo many episode arcs within arcs it just gets overwhelming. I remember tuning in once and the One Piece gang was like out in the desert someplace. Why are pirates in the middle of a desert for?? I want to see some swashbuckling sailor action! When is Ichigo going to friggen fight this Aizen guy already? AGH.
Reply Quote
there is a lot of crap out there.
its really depressing how little "good" anime there is overall.
my list:
Neon Genesis Evangelion
^EVA 1.11, 2.22 atm
Fullmetal Alchemist/FMA brotherhood
Baccano
Deathnote
Mushi shi
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
Samurai Champloo
anything from Studio Ghibli
Ghost in the Shell
Elfin Lied
HOTD
Gundam wing/OO/08th ms team/endless waltz
to name a few i cant think of more atm..
Reply Quote
I don't like anime that much. Just seems to weird for me.
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
03/12/2012 08:22 PMPosted by sceadulord

No I think Yami Bakura or Yami Marik from Yu-Gi-Oh! has a better claim to that title.

Dude, Light Yagami copies down the names you just typed.

THE END
Reply Quote
Being an Otaku yes I do enjoy watching anime.

THE END

Does Light Yagami even know what Yami or Griffith look like? Cause if not his Death Note pretty useless.
Reply Quote
I don't like anime that much. Just seems to weird for me.

How can you say that?
If you mean weird as in geeky or whatever, well you're on the forums for a videogame...
If you mean weird as in they have no realism, you could try watching ones that do.
Anime, just like movies or books, comes in such variety you can watch what interests you.

Anyways, I watch a bit amount of anime.
Ghost in the Shell, Death Note, Excel Saga, Case Closed, and Dennou Coil are a few.
Reply Quote
I watch prince of tennis, and have watched and read Deathnote. But other than that, I really don't watch much anime.
Reply Quote

THE END

Title was for "most evil," not penmanship.

Reply Quote
I watch all kinds. A lot but not Otaku level a lot.
Reply Quote
Being an Otaku yes I do enjoy watching anime.

THE END

Does Light Yagami even know what Yami or Griffith look like? Cause if not his Death Note pretty useless.
I'm not sure writing "Yami Bakura" would kill him anyway. It isn't his actual name.
Reply Quote
I dont watch those particular animes because they're really bad IMO (The manga version of Naruto was pretty good though)

I do watch a whole lot of anime however
Edited by Mediocrates on 3/13/2012 5:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The parody thread of this thread has a tentacle comment before this one. I'm very disappointed. I really, really am.
Reply Quote
I read one piece, can't stand most other serial shonen.

I don't watch a lot of anime but enjoy it when I do. Gundam, Mushishi, Trigun, all good stuff.

If anyone has not seen Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann or Yakitate Japan, go watch them both, right now. Better anime will never be made.
Reply Quote
The only one I watch at this point is One Piece. Great anime/manga that has a very good balance of everything and that has matured with its audience. Nothing else is worth my time, as I'm a working man and don't have much left as it is.
Reply Quote
Nothing else is worth my time, as I'm a working man and don't have much left as it is.

Working makes things less enjoyable? Yeah, sounds about right.
But my free time is mine, and I'm gonna waste/spend it however I want.
Edited by Fawxkitteh on 3/14/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]