StarCraft® II

I found my oracle build

I was pondering about how the oracle can be used in a game in an economy killer game.

Of course, this always use the effectiveness of zealot bombing and DT harrass.

To put it simple, this can be used in late game when you know your opponent has an eco advantage. The way I've seen it, the oracle range is very limited and doesn't get all the minerals in a patch and (as far as I know) doesn't stop gas production. So this usually involves around these:

2 oracles per opponent base
1 warp prism per 2 bases
5 or more warpgates

This is only a strat that can be used in late game.
Use entomb to close all mineral fields. There is no warning system for this and keep it hidden and fly only around the mineral fields, but out of sight and range.

Once your opponent realizes that you are hitting the eco, see where his main army is going. If it gets near any of your bases or main army, STOP THIS BUILD RIGHT NOW!!! If it stays put or tries to find your oracles, keep using this build. Zealot bomb his mineral line as soon as you put down your entomb.

Oracle's abilities also help out on the battlefield as well. If the opponent is trying to attack your army, you can use Phase Shift to make units (such as the colossus) form attacking and using abilities. Use Pre-Ordain to find out what your opponent is working on before hand in early game. (1 should do in early game)

Depending on the supply it costs, its not a very bad build. If you don't mind building stargates early, or late game.

All of my info is from Blizzcon and this link:

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Oracle

I'm open to any different strats with the oracle.
Edited by DavidSavyer on 3/12/2012 6:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Whoah your making strategies before the beta is even released? Somebody is thinking ahead!
Reply Quote
I doubt anything they announced at Blizzcon is even in the final build, but hey, whatever floats your boat ;)
Reply Quote
If youre in the late game, and making Oracles, youre not playing Protoss right.
Reply Quote
Like wiggles said, it's not even a permanent so I'm open to any other ideas. This is my build.
Reply Quote

Oracle's abilities also help out on the battlefield as well. If the opponent is trying to attack your army, you can use Phase Shift to make units (such as the colossus) form attacking and using abilities.

Phase Shift phases out a building, not a unit.
Reply Quote

Oracle's abilities also help out on the battlefield as well. If the opponent is trying to attack your army, you can use Phase Shift to make units (such as the colossus) form attacking and using abilities.

Check wiki, it says unit not building.
Reply Quote

wiki is wrong. Blizzard says building, not unit.
Reply Quote

You're probably reading the phase shift that the old beta high templar used to have before it gained feedback.
Reply Quote
I wonder how a Stargate-first build will work against 1-1-1 when the oracle comes out? After all, I think we can get our first stargate before their first starport, if we go gate-cyber-star.

I can already see how a game could realistically go down...

>Opponent goes 1-1-1 with cloaked banshees.
>First built Oracle neutralizes the Starport.
>Protoss begins building a robo bay for detection, adds second oracle and more gates, stops production from Stargate.
>First oracle neutralizes Starport again, second oracle goes and botches stim timing.
>Oracle scouts a siege tank. Protoss builds a replicant, sets up a siege tank outside Terran base, just uses sentry FFs if not. Uses Oracle's pre-ordain on barracks at the front to maintain high ground vision.
>Protoss rolls the Terran with Colossi, while the Terran could not get vikings due to starport lockdown.

Wouldn't this just be an awesome game to see go down? Trying to 'harass' with entomb against a 1-base Terran would be impractical (his units are right there to remove shields), but using phase shift to get rid of important buildings, botch timings, and prevent certain units from coming out would be a great way to control a game long enough that the correct counters to units like Colossi can't be fielded. Hell, if you can lock down a starport and chain-force field a ramp, the Terran wouldn't be able to get out of his base.

I don't know if the Oracle will actually be good at all, but I'm itching to try it anyways.
Reply Quote
as of now oracles are 200 gas so each oracle is a potential colossus... in other words making more than 1 oracle is probably a waste.
Reply Quote
03/13/2012 01:00 AMPosted by Khobai
as of now oracles are 200 gas so each oracle is a potential colossus... in other words making more than 1 oracle is probably a waste.

Max energy is 200 though, and I'm pretty sure entomb will probably cost about 50 energy.

Hey, no one says we can lower the gas on the HT's I'm just saying.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]