StarCraft® II

To infinity, and beyond!

03/28/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Astrai
Hah. Sorry, you're the one who's whined that people don't understand you.

I still have no idea what you're referring to.

The problem comes in when you come out with poorly reasoned or supported arguments, then throw a bit of a wobbly when people tear them apart.

And here it is again.

"Whining", "pissy" etc...

Stop the unecessary personal attacks Astrai. They are unwarranted and unfounded.
Reply Quote
Hah. Sorry, you're the one who's whined that people don't understand you.

where did he do this?
Reply Quote
03/20/2012 02:41 PMPosted by capnpufnstuf
I would argue that they are simply constructs. By definition, there is nowhere in the universe where there is nothing. The simple act of observing nothing would make it something, so nothing is not something we could have learned from nature. 0 is a concept humans have created.

Definite nothing, the absence of something? there are spaces between things, that could be considered nothing, unless there are no gaps between matter.

'nowhere' a location, depending on the existence of something, since locations must be relative to something, is that correct?
There may be nothing, in the same way that there are shadows.

0 might be a concept our ancestors learned, when a neighbor stole all of their food. 'Many' sheep yesterday... '0' sheep today!

There is reality, and then we make sense of it with concepts.
A cat doesn't exist, but the reality (physics) underlying the 'cat' causes us to observe it, and label it 'cat'.

Observing 'no-thing' is a lack of observing 'some-thing'. If at any time we don't observe some-thing, that's no-thing, or 0.

This being true or not, doesn't seem to affect my life in any way.
I'm going to order pizza....something infinitely more meaningful.
Reply Quote
03/28/2012 07:58 PMPosted by TheCulture
I'm going to order pizza....something infinitely more meaningful.

amen, i might have to also now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]