StarCraft® II

[Showcase]Eras Zombie Invasion [Official Thread #2]

04/04/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Smith
As far as Spartans go, I can decrease build time a bit maybe like by 8-10 secs. and increase cost by 50%

go for it i will see how effective they are after you do so. Like I said They are kinda the only unit I bother building before teir three, every game I am green which is every game.

Also earlier today I played a game as zombies where I was the only one, so the game started with both other zombies neutral. It was tricky starting but as with most games green didn't know what he was doing and I punched through very quickly. I then used the money I got to spawn a zombuilder from a zombhole in the middle east and crunched egypt with some help from the rebels, whom I also promptly crushed. Basically within 25 minutes I had more income than I could spend with 3 necrovolvers and my zombholes just gave me more and more builders in places i shouldn't be able to access. Basically as things stand one expert zombies can crush a full (4 of them claimed to be really good at the game) game of experienced players if teal or green is noob. That being said zombies who don't know what they are doing wouldn't think to make zombholes, and thus would not have the ability to do much of anything in a game of experienced humans. However i should note that when I was trying to push into constantinople all the heros from every country banded together and held me back, for a short window they could have pushed me out of green completely and re-walled. However they didn't and so I won by a landslide. Also blue was very aggrevated, because i kept glitching into ireland no matter how he walled it. One time I was just passing through and I walked right through ireland and his walls kept me from exiting. While in game I apoligized and gave him a chance to re-wall several times at the end of the day he had to wall off most of the coast in order to stop me from glitching in.
Edited by Necromaster on 4/4/2012 4:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I like the increased build time of death pits in that it slows down zombie income, which needed to happen, but at the same time it'll make zombies even more annoying to play in the early game than they already are. I can see having nothing to do for the first 2 or 3 incomes aside from taking down outer walls.

Also you should always win as zombie, but even more so as solo zombie, even with all pro players (barring a spartan rush). All the income that would normally be split into 3 sets of upgrades goes into 1 set and you get to just crush everyone. Also if they start with the zombie slots empty the enemy zombies are hostile to you and killing them gives bounty, giving an even better economic start. You just need to be careful not to let them get tier 5 or you'll have too little supply to defend everywhere.
Reply Quote
04/04/2012 05:23 PMPosted by Alamand
Also if they start with the zombie slots empty the enemy zombies are hostile to you and killing them gives bounty

no they don't, zombies do not get bounty from killing neutral zombies
All the income that would normally be split into 3 sets of upgrades goes into 1 set and you get to just crush everyone

sort of, if you are talking about income gained from attacking humans then yes, since I am the only person killing the humans yes I get all the gold from killing them (however for most of the important upgrades zombies pool each other anyway). If you are talking income gained from passive zombie masters finding gold then no.
Reply Quote
So I'd like to report a bug...

I was playing a game (And I had control of London) where I unlocked the Super Fortress at t2. However when my guard units (and the gates) spawned, they were at about 2/3 hp. I do not know if that was because those were t3 units (and I was only at t2) or because I did not have enough upgrades, but I am sure that they should be at full hp.

Keep up the good work! =D
Reply Quote
Also if they start with the zombie slots empty the enemy zombies are hostile to you and killing them gives bounty, giving an even better economic start.

Yes this is true. Latest patch has fixed this issue.
Reply Quote
Those zombies weren't neutral, though I guess you won't get income anymore anyway.

And I was more talking about essentially having triple the space for pools and therefore triple the income. If you actually start with 3 zombies and 2 drop you get the triple masters income but if they start empty or drop during load then you don't. Triple masters income is definitely the most fun though, you get to just toy with the humans all game. One of my favorite things to do as a zombie is kill their gate then just walk away.
Reply Quote
@tessian: yah u or me would start the game with the right amount of players but the noobs that don't play the game or are brutal at it say 1 zomb is fair vs all and that ruins the game...
Reply Quote
i think I already know the answer but if green gets the super fort (taking over england), does that mean the gates get greens national passive buff? I havent had a chance to test this yet but I feel a superfort with greens passive national bonus would be much stronger than a blue controlled superfort.
Edited by Necromaster on 4/5/2012 8:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How exactly is someone suppose to stop rebels at 5 minutes into the game? They have upgrades that are literally impossible to compete with given that amount of time.
Reply Quote
Depends on the nation.

I've only seen pink hold -once-, I'm pretty sure you have to follow an absurdly tight build order (which I don't know) in order to hold them off.

Green, on the other hand, can hold Sparta with a wall, two mage towers, and five workers.

Purple, on the other other hand, needs help from yellow and or orange in order to fight off their event. It just depends on what nation you are.

screw the mage towers i just build the gate and have 6 peasants repairing it.
Pink needs reds repair ability in order to hold off rebels, or he needs to have his !@#$ together really good, though I have never seen it done without red's help. If you level up vatican assasins to the max they will mince zombies in no time flat. Purple should not need help unless he has seriously been neglecting his tech.
Basically it all depends on whether or not you are relying on walls to protect you or army to protect you. Because usually if you are getting military tech the way you should be the zombies should be running from you, mid game. early and late game you should be running from zombies.
Reply Quote
Actually, Egypt doesnt need help from anyone to hold, i have held atleast 30 times out of 35 (and the 5 time i didnt hold was when smith updated the rebels, cause they used to be easy as heck). If you want to practice, you can just start a game solo. Basically you want anubis to be taking the ranged fire. As egypt your capitals should always be making peasants. Btw, wall should have around 8k hp and sometime i upgrade feudalism to lvl 4 so my peasants can resist ranged dmg a bit longer, if anubis is recovering.P.S : All countries can hold their events, alone.
Edited by tiloup on 4/6/2012 5:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
meh I have never seen egypt hold completely alone. Though to be fair I am usually not watching.
Edited by Necromaster on 4/6/2012 9:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
How exactly is someone suppose to stop rebels at 5 minutes into the game? They have upgrades that are literally impossible to compete with given that amount of time.

Depends on the nation.

I've only seen pink hold -once-, I'm pretty sure you have to follow an absurdly tight build order (which I don't know) in order to hold them off.

Green, on the other hand, can hold Sparta with a wall, two mage towers, and five workers.

Purple, on the other other hand, needs help from yellow and or orange in order to fight off their event. It just depends on what nation you are.

I'm not talking about Pinks event, or Sparta being attacked by rebels. I'm talking, 5 minutes in a Rebel army might attack someones capital. And given the amount of time it is absolutely impossible to hold it off.

I almost always play Zombies, and I decided to try Green, and a reb army attacked Ankara 5 mins in, %@*@d everything I could throw at it, including Gray,Teal and my Hero. They then blew up the gate right next to Ankara, and what happens then? Zombies pour in.

This should NOT be possible until at least 10 minutes in when a human player might have a chance to survive.

Tried Humans again today, and something ive never seen happen before happened. Violet was attacking Greens Northern gate and somehow zombies managed to squeeze there way through the gate and kill all his workers and then kill the gate. That woulda been bad enough but we put another gate up, and lo and behold, it happened AGAIN?! I don't know if this is a new glitch or a weird pathing issue, but its BS.
Edited by CthulhuSpawn on 4/6/2012 11:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
So I have noticed while playing Spain (which is my country of choice) that there is no event that provides reinforcements, that is excluding random events that provide capital reinforcements.

Britain: Warring Tribes unite
Sweden: Returning Vikings
Russia: Holy Order members arrive in St. Petersburg
Germany: Polish warriors arrive in Warsaw
France: Young men join the army
Italy: Vatican Assassins arrive
Egypt: Skirmishes-trigger forces
Turkey: Janissaries arrive in defense of Constantinople (You might need t2 for that, idk; plus that is a rather late-game event compared to the others)

I would like for Spain to have their own early event that provides extra troops (which I think should be ranged units since its neighboring countries have melee reinforcements). As with the majority (I’m not quite sure all) of the countries, the extra troops should arrive before the zombie event, which is when the refugees from Russia arrive in Spain. It would also be convenient if they arrived before or around the 7 minute mark, which is when the majority of the countries have already received their forces. Thank you!
Reply Quote
Guys holding pink is perfectly easy, wall it off and put about 10-15 peasants on the wall, using pink's power at Cairo put all ranged on the west wall and all melees at the east space that is non-walled, when the attack ends on u don't take rebel fortress till the the zombie spawn in the east is put down which is easy if u rush with ur melee and hero. A few upgrades on ur wall and hero don't hurt either. * I AM MONITORING THIS THREAD FEEL FREE TO COMMENT*
Edited by ILIKKACATZ on 4/6/2012 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/06/2012 11:36 AMPosted by CthulhuSpawn
Tried Humans again today, and something ive never seen happen before happened. Violet was attacking Greens Northern gate and somehow zombies managed to squeeze there way through the gate and kill all his workers and then kill the gate. That woulda been bad enough but we put another gate up, and lo and behold, it happened AGAIN?! I don't know if this is a new glitch or a weird pathing issue, but its BS.

Dude that's called wall jumping, its due to the fact of a tree cut on the side when a player doesn't notice it.
Reply Quote
Tell me what you think of new zombies. Do some need nerf/buff, do some seem useless/too useful that you wont get anything else. Need to know what you think i wont be playing for days, so only changes i'll make are from your feed back.
Reply Quote

Dude that's called wall jumping, its due to the fact of a tree cut on the side when a player doesn't notice it.

The first time I can understand that happening, but the second time, no one had any time to mine an entire tree down.
Reply Quote
Just played a game where the fallen emp was able to snipe workers through a gate at the start of game, intentional? If so how are humans supposed to deal with that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]