[Showcase]Eras Zombie Invasion [Official Thread #2]

04/07/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Tessian
Just played a game where the fallen emp was able to snipe workers through a gate at the start of game, intentional? If so how are humans supposed to deal with that?
Sigh tessian don't post unless you have read the older thread or have asked other players. Yes it is intentional the range of the fallen emp is 1.42356 so it can snipe.Just focus fire it and tech some feudalism and getting clerics help with that. It helps also too have few more peasants then you need I find also helps. Good luck
Reply Quote
ILIKKACATZ

Just played a game where the fallen emp was able to snipe workers through a gate at the start of game, intentional? If so how are humans supposed to deal with that?

Sigh tessian don't post unless you have read the older thread or have asked other players. Yes it is intentional the range of the fallen emp is 1.42356 so it can snipe.Just focus fire it and tech some feudalism and getting clerics help with that. It helps also too have few more peasants then you need I find also helps. Good luck

Pretty hilarious you telling me to read the older thread, when you don't even read my post. I said "workers got sniped at start of game" mind telling me how you counter with clerics at the start of game? I don't need noob advice kthx. The Emp before was only able to snipe through gates at level 6. Was it intentionally changed or was this a bug?

If you actually read the "older thread" you'd notice I had made more than a few posts there.
Edited by Tessian on 4/7/2012 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Tell me what you think of new zombies. Do some need nerf/buff, do some seem useless/too useful that you wont get anything else. Need to know what you think i wont be playing for days, so only changes i'll make are from your feed back.

I just played a game as zombies and decided to try out using the haunters as a support zombies. The results were a lot better than i expected..I was using mass haunters to kill people's armies in their base (by using the ability on half or more of the units present.) as well as using them on ALL the peasants on any wall or gate.

To me it seems like the haunt ability is far to strong right now, especially if zombies decide to get it at the 5 min mark when they get their first bonus income. I think that the price of haunters should be increased (maybe around the price of stalker) OR have an upgrade on them to use haunt.

Even with scout birds, since haunters can move anywhere a player could get around and just harass with haunters, to the point it would force humans to keep scout birds everywhere on the map.

Overall I am liking the new zombies, but haunters are not expensive enough for how useful they are.

Ps. Perhaps purple should be given an ability to debuff all haunts in the map or kill all haunters?
Edited by Izaon on 4/7/2012 1:19 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Izaon
Tell me what you think of new zombies. Do some need nerf/buff, do some seem useless/too useful that you wont get anything else. Need to know what you think i wont be playing for days, so only changes i'll make are from your feed back.

I just played a game as zombies and decided to try out using the haunters as a support zombies. The results were a lot better than i expected..I was using mass haunters to kill people's armies in their base (by using the ability on half or more of the units present.) as well as using them on ALL the peasants on any wall or gate.

To me it seems like the haunt ability is far to strong right now, especially if zombies decide to get it at the 5 min mark when they get their first bonus income. I think that the price of haunters should be increased (maybe around the price of stalker) OR have an upgrade on them to use haunt.

Even with scout birds, since haunters can move anywhere a player could get around and just harass with haunters, to the point it would force humans to keep scout birds everywhere on the map.

Overall I am liking the new zombies, but haunters are not expensive enough for how useful they are.

Ps. Perhaps purple should be given an ability to debuff all haunts in the map or kill all haunters?

Thanks for the feedback, I was about to lower the price but you've changed my mind. I will be providing an upgrade for scout birds that increase their duration and speed so I don't think that will be an issue, however my main concern is the other new zombs which i feel aren't worth their investments and therefore i am making changes to them.
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 01:14 PMPosted by Izaon

That would be a nice ability, maybe add it in with the no gold for zombs/no zombie spawn in the "Pope's Prayers"?
Reply Quote
Perhaps if you made behemoths and reg zombies (tier 3 and four) do less damage the specialized zombies would become more useful because you would than NEED them to take down high level walls. Right now a behemoth is still more useful than the cyclops or charger, thus making them pointless to get
Reply Quote
Yeah I nerfed reg zombie damage, as well as behemoth damage a little. Also added cleave to the cyclops and buffed its damage. They are also more durable, all new zombies except haunter have more hp/armor
Reply Quote
Awesome I am going to try playing around with the new zombies later on tonight after work, and give any feedback i can think of
Reply Quote
ILIKKACATZ

Pretty hilarious you telling me to read the older thread, when you don't even read my post. I said "workers got sniped at start of game" mind telling me how you counter with clerics at the start of game? I don't need noob advice kthx. The Emp before was only able to snipe through gates at level 6. Was it intentionally changed or was this a bug?
If you actually read the "older thread" you'd notice I had made more than a few posts there.
I found that you saw me say sigh and just tryed to burn me. I gave you multiple ways to counter. You just saw the first one and threw a beak at me I ment to help. All my outcomes work till tier threes attack with mass sneezers

If you are teal you may get the holy order to help when it spawns or France may help you. It is intentional, Oleg has a range of melee, the mountain Hero has a range of melee but the empire has a range of 1.42356. It may only snipe from melee range at the gate though. I hope that that will answer your questions. I know you made a few posts there so did I. Sorry if I aggravated you. If you can't get France to help you or you play as green and not teal just focus fire emperor and have more workers then you need
Edited by ILIKKACATZ on 4/8/2012 8:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
ok i think its more just my bad luck but every game i play (played 5 games since the latest update) teal has gotten killed right off the bat. Every game grey has failed to wall teal off so I have had to wall off teal all by myself. Needless to say this takes resources, and i, later on when my economy is heavily taxed from defending all of europe die, it is without having been able to build any spartans. I am considering switching to teal and seeing how that works but i will continue to play as green for now because honestly with all the space that egypt gives zombies become super rich super fast. Also I tested the changes to spartans, they seem to be still balanced, however I now have a new issue. Janissaries seem a little bit useless when compared to the assasins, the vanguard, or the spartans. I mean they are almost snipers and they are available t2 but frankly I don't think I have ever seen them used used them myself, or heard of them being used effectively or ineffectively. I think this is more to do with the fact that greens other special unit is so awesome that janissairies are over looked however I will try to start using them more and will get back to you with results. Also you really buffed the rebel attack on sparta, nice job it was to weak as things stood. I think the real problem is that the transition from t2 to t3 is not nearly as long or hard as t1 to t2. So as soon as you get t3, snipers outclass janissaries.
Edited by Necromaster on 4/7/2012 11:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Alright so I got a chance to really play around with all the new zombies, and oh my...did i find playing zombies a bit more enjoyable. First off I felt like i actually had to think a bit more, instead of just massing tier 1/2/3/4 zombie with frenzy until they over ran everything.

Fully upgraded tier 4 zombies no longer can take out fully upgraded steel wall which is wonderful. Behemoths got through them, but not nearly as fast as they use to, although i don't think it would hurt to much to take an other 100-200 damage off them, they just have too much HP to be doing that kind of damage (was 1385 fully upgraded if i recall with)

Haunters should not be able to haunt robotic repairers, that is a little crazy, humans could use at least one more detector besides the bird. Also it only costs 1900ish to unlock haunters? This seems a little to fast to be getting them, you could get them at the 5 min mark, get 7 haunters, block the wall from being repaired and get in fairly easily. The new price though makes a huge difference till the zombie income is going though.

Both the cyclops and the charger are both VERY useful in late game though, chargers go through max walls like butter, and the cyclops takes out any unit really well.

The lurker I couldn't find any use for really though....maybe if you opted to get them before tier 3 you could do something with them..but at that point in the game most of euro. is walled up and not looking to poke outside. They also cause a LOT of lag if you unburrow them under a tier four army fighting....and have no real effect besides dropping the frame rate drastically.

However the humans are going to need their new units and buildings for them to have a shot in hell of beating a late game zombie...the new units make them unstoppable.
Reply Quote
i learned why teal keeps collapsing its really freaking hard. Im going to play as nothing but teal until i pin point what it is that makes it so hard.
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Necromaster
i learned why teal keeps collapsing its really freaking hard. Im going to play as nothing but teal until i pin point what it is that makes it so hard.

Its the triple rush that does it in, you chop wood with your four villies up top, and spend 200 on peasants, 100 gold for repair, and you get wood for the gate. Not sure how it holds vs all three heros, since i havn't had the rush done on me yet
Reply Quote
04/08/2012 01:41 AMPosted by Izaon
Its the triple rush that does it in

yes, if they do it right (they use all three heros boost nearby zombie abilities), it is literally impossible to hold the first line of defense and very tricky to hold the second. Russia is so easy to crack compared to green that green is effectively removed from the picture in games with experienced zombies. They will go for russia over turkey every time. That being said a good player can hold and once they have held, zombies are kinda screwed. I just played a game where I denied zombies from attacking europe for an hour, and when they finally did break through, it was to late all of europe had teched up to teir 3 and 4, and the game was pretty much over. Haunters did make it close i haven't had a chance to use them as zombies yet but they made the game interesting and if it weren't for red paying close attention/ knowing that birds are detect, I would not have held for nearly as long as i did. I like the way new zombies are however I think the game balance has been dramatically altered by them. It is going to take a a day or two of testing to determine all the balance issues and fix them.
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 11:08 PMPosted by Izaon
Behemoths got through them, but not nearly as fast as they use to, although i don't think it would hurt to much to take an other 100-200 damage off them, they just have too much HP to be doing that kind of damage

I would disagree, behemoths are supposed to be one form of zombie end game, if this has changed with all the new zombies added then yes I agree, they should no longer be able to go through maxxed steel walls. The mauler needs to be a little more expensive a little stronger vs buildings and a little weaker vs units in my opinion, I feel like any zombie player sending nothing but a group of maulers should expect to have them ripped to peices by defending infantry. Basically the mauler should be extremly resistant to tower damage and super effective against walls, but should be easily killed by ground troops.
Reply Quote

The mauler needs to be a little more expensive a little stronger vs buildings and a little weaker vs units in my opinion, I feel like any zombie player sending nothing but a group of maulers should expect to have them ripped to peices by defending infantry. Basically the mauler should be extremly resistant to tower damage and super effective against walls, but should be easily killed by ground troops.

I havn't gotten around to using the mauler in early or mid game, but to me it seems like their damage vs buildings is already large enough, as they are stronger than t4 zombies vs walls, and you can get them a LOT earlier in the game. Also if i recall the maulers don't have a hole lot of hp compared to reg. zombies (correct me if I am wrong on this fact.)

I'll have to try using them early/mid-game to finalize an opinion about them though.
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Necromaster
ok i think its more just my bad luck but every game i play (played 5 games since the latest update) teal has gotten killed right off the bat. Every game grey has failed to wall teal off so I have had to wall off teal all by myself. Needless to say this takes resources, and i, later on when my economy is heavily taxed from defending all of europe die, it is without having been able to build any spartans. I am considering switching to teal and seeing how that works but i will continue to play as green for now because honestly with all the space that egypt gives zombies become super rich super fast. Also I tested the changes to spartans, they seem to be still balanced, however I now have a new issue. Janissaries seem a little bit useless when compared to the assasins, the vanguard, or the spartans. I mean they are almost snipers and they are available t2 but frankly I don't think I have ever seen them used used them myself, or heard of them being used effectively or ineffectively. I think this is more to do with the fact that greens other special unit is so awesome that janissairies are over looked however I will try to start using them more and will get back to you with results. Also you really buffed the rebel attack on sparta, nice job it was to weak as things stood. I think the real problem is that the transition from t2 to t3 is not nearly as long or hard as t1 to t2. So as soon as you get t3, snipers outclass janissaries.
What I find helps as a guy that plays teal 75 % of the time is you put the two peasants by ur barracks on the bot wall. Start training 1 peasant slot that responds to three peasants at at Petersburg and the southern capital the one at at Petersburg put to top gate and the one at the bottom capital to the bot gate. Since Russian peasants start out with less life feudalism is essential early on. Akashi tech some structure tech and the you will be good for a while
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 11:02 PMPosted by Necromaster
What I find helps as a guy that plays teal 75 % of the time is you put the two peasants by ur barracks on the bot wall. Start training 1 peasant slot at St Petersburg and the southern capital the one at St Petersburg put to the top gate and the one at the bottom capital to the bot gate. Since Russian peasants start out with less life feudalism is essential early on. Tech some structure tech and the you will be good for a while.start texting to archer tower fully upgraded and you with the fully upgraded archer tower you can hold for a while longer after tier 3 zombies is researched
Edited by ILIKKACATZ on 4/8/2012 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I havn't gotten around to using the mauler in early or mid game, but to me it seems like their damage vs buildings is already large enough, as they are stronger than t4 zombies vs walls, and you can get them a LOT earlier in the game. Also if i recall the maulers don't have a hole lot of hp compared to reg. zombies (correct me if I am wrong on this fact.)

I'll have to try using them early/mid-game to finalize an opinion about them though.

they should be the strongest zombie in game vs walls, since that is kinda their job.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]