StarCraft® II

Hanson dialogue on Char?

According to the page at http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/StarCraft_II:_Wings_of_Liberty_campaign_quotations/Final_Missions, Hanson has a dialogue for the Char missions. Anyone know if that's correct and how to get it? (Presumably you have to have not completed either Haven mission so that she's still with you, but even then I can't seem to find where she is.)
Reply Quote
Nah, I don't think that's true. Hanson and Tosh aren't really on Char at all(even if you keep them alive and all that).

Few minutes later:

Wow. I read some stuff on the wiki. Haven't kept hanson on board(usually do safe haven). I never found that dialogue with Valerian. How do you talk to him? I'll replay(on Normal cause I'm too lazy to redo on Hard or try Brutal :P).
Edited by UltraNoob on 3/30/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
You can talk to Valerian by clicking on the communicator.
Reply Quote
This is intriguing, I must admit. It might be a good enough excuse to replay the campaign. I've just never intentionally skipped missions before - it's against my nature.
Reply Quote
Those are cut dialogues.
Reply Quote
Yeah I saw a video on youtube where the guy had a bug and was still on the Hyperion. Too bad we can't return to the ship after Char. Would be nice to see how everyone was doing.
Reply Quote
I recently did a playthrough where I saved the haven mission till last and it was worth it just to hear her talk about how Nova lied. Didn't skip the mission and go on to char though, I was pretty sure she wouldn't be there considering there's really no lab on Char. Also Tosh doesn't show up on Char even if you side with him and he's otherwise there for the whole game
Reply Quote
Spectres are present on Char, though. So maybe he was down there fighting but you just didn't see him.
Reply Quote
I think it would be cool if Tosh would be there in Belly of the Beast should you side with him. It would make sense, supposedly you need an elite strike force and how more elite can you get than a Spectre?
Reply Quote
Yeah, I thought about it myself, but the problem is that Tosh would have been sort of useless; Tychus already has a strong AoE power similar to Mindblast, you can't use nukes in that mission for obvious reasons, and permanent cloak would make him totally OP and unsuited for a five-man operation.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 4/22/2012 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Coppermantis
I think it would be cool if Tosh would be there in Belly of the Beast should you side with him. It would make sense, supposedly you need an elite strike force and how more elite can you get than a Spectre?

i actually really like this idea! that would be amazing if tosh came along with you, it would present an issue however for those who chose Nova (gawd i hate her lol) but maybe they could have her as an alternative somehow..
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 04:31 PMPosted by RedRevlushon

i actually really like this idea! that would be amazing if tosh came along with you, it would present an issue however for those who chose Nova (gawd i hate her lol) but maybe they could have her as an alternative somehow..

It sort of makes sense that she'd show up, considering you have half the Dominion fleet on your side and she's a Dominion Ghost. Then for Shatter the Sky they could have had something that changes depending on the Colonist mission choices, like a few Protoss air units showing up to help you if you helped them (not sure what would work for Hanson).

I think people would have felt better about the choice system if it came up in a small way later. I still REALLY hope that they manage to import our choices into the next expansion. I'm sorry Jimmy fighting his Protoss bros doesn't sit right with me personally.
Reply Quote
Not sure Protoss would have been okay with working with the Dominion, or vice versa. Save for maybe Jake Ramsey and co, the Raiders are pretty much the only Terrans the Protoss trust and respect.

As for Nova, well, she would have been probably even more OP than Tosh in Belly of the Beast. I mean, with Permanent Cloaking, Dominate and Snipe, she's literally an one-woman army.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 4/27/2012 9:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/27/2012 09:41 AMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
As for Nova, well, she would have been probably even more OP than Tosh in Belly of the Beast. I mean, with Permanent Cloaking, Dominate and Snipe, she's literally an one-woman army.

Tosh has permenant cloaking too, and dominate would be extremely situational, that is only when there is an ultralisk. Snipe has a long CD =(
Reply Quote
I would go with Tosh over Nova in the Belly of the beast. No cool down for his abilities except the consumption one, shield, AOE damage plus Stun.
Reply Quote
The only way Tosh/Nova could fit in "Belly of the Beast" is if it is reworked into a solo operation. But then again, playing with only one unit would get boring after a while: "Breakout" worked because of the DOTA mechanics, but Blizzard couldn't have done the same thing here.
Edited by JohnnyZeWolf on 4/28/2012 7:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, it would require a great reworking of some parts, especially the charge defenses. I don't see overseers fitting in the tunnels, so having a permacloaked hero would be absurdly OP. Perhaps if a campaign-only land-based mobile detector were introduced. Making the Queen in the last part a detector would work for that section.

Alternatively, there could be some excuse for cloaking not working, like the tunnels are coated in spores that interfere with cloaking, or something in that vein.

As for the usefulness of Tosh, his mindblast would be good for getting out of a tight situation by stunning hostiles and the psi shield would be great for tanking. As fa as Nova goes, I don't recall most of her abilities but Domination could be useful in some situations. Obviously the enemy defenses would need to be adjusted to incorporate these new heroes.
Edited by Coppermantis on 4/29/2012 12:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yeah, but as I said, Mindblast would have been redundant, as Tychus already got a strong AoE power, and he's technically the tank of the bunch, and Swann can slow the enemies down with his concussive shells.

This mission is a cooperative effort: having an unit that works better alone would kind of ruin it.
Reply Quote
Yeah, but as I said, Mindblast would have been redundant, as Tychus already got a strong AoE power, and he's technically the tank of the bunch, and Swann can slow the enemies down with his concussive shells.

This mission is a cooperative effort: having an unit that works better alone would kind of ruin it.

Well, tychus's grenades dont stun and he has a longer CD. If we could replace tychus, that would work to =)
Reply Quote
But Tosh/Nova has a slow-firing weapon, unlike Tychus' gatling gun, which also deals splash damage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]