StarCraft® II

ZvP, Immortal/Stalker/Sentry

In mid-game, I normally have 3 base with the capability to build infestor/roaches/zerglings/spines as opposed to the enemy 2... Gearing up for the hive tech->broodlord/corruptor/infestor...

I have huge trouble being able to fend off the immortal/stalker/sentry push with Roach,Ling, Infestor, and 5-6 spines in each base.

The enemy protoss simply forcefields my lings, off while eating my roaches with stalker/immortals

How should I go about approaching this army with roach/ling/infestor/spines comp?
Edited by RedHaro on 3/28/2012 12:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
tbh its overpowered. Immortal sentry is a !@#$ing joke.

Go muta ling and counter. but goodluck with that.
Reply Quote
tbh its overpowered. Immortal sentry is a !@#$ing joke.

Go muta ling and counter. but goodluck with that.

mmmm i am considering to just throw away roach tech and opt for pure lings early game, hydra/ling/infestor/spines midgame, broodlords/corruptor lategame
Edited by RedHaro on 3/28/2012 1:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
it's compositions like this that discourage me from laddering often
Reply Quote
Note:
My entire game plan is to survive until broodlords and expanding/Economy a ton, forcing the enemy to either harass me... Or fall behind late-game

I don't need or intend to kill him before then. (if i can i will, but thats not the goal)

If anyone has any idea how to "SURVIVE" against a immortal/stalker/sentry push with infestor/ling/roach/spine comp? if so, please tell me.

Else i might have to modify my build to incorporate hydralisk instead of roaches to see how that pans out.... Hoping I dont NEED roaches that early due to spines.
Edited by RedHaro on 3/28/2012 2:56 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Try to be aggressive with zerglings early on and threaten with roaches. This will force sentries to use energy. If you do it right you will only lose a hand full of zerglings and a few roaches each time. Replenish the army as needed. Stalker immortal is very expensive. Unless he's three basing, he can't afford to be making additional sentries.

Attack his army when the energy is low and give yourself enough distance to hatch another force.

Hydra's are definitely a good option and will help. Usually protoss need colossus or storm to effectively combat investor hydra. However being aggressive to force sentry energy to be spent should be enough
Reply Quote
I think infestor/ling would do very well against this as long as you make sure to fungal the sentries to remove FF from the equation.
Reply Quote
thank god im not the only one. these kinds of pushes are so freaking annoying to deal with.

it feels like you throw away entire armies for nothing
Edited by max on 3/28/2012 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
03/28/2012 04:26 PMPosted by BlueMoonCatD
I think infestor/ling would do very well against this as long as you make sure to fungal the sentries to remove FF from the equation.

I have tried something very similar to this... and the toss's response was to stop advancing and wait for fungaled units to stop being fungaled, (As the sentries are usually in the middle of the protoss deathball)

Chase away or kill the infestor that has done this with their faster stalker...

If zerglings come in during this time, toss just throws forcefields and shoot the lings from behind the wall

Feels as if I need to be...
1. aggressive with roach/ling comp...
2. Or, if i want to be passive... I need to go hydras.

Didn't test the hydra option in-game yet... i will try the hydra next time i have ZvP... I do not like the aggressive options
Edited by RedHaro on 3/28/2012 5:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I can usually hold this push quite well, what I do is go roach hydra spine, and heavy ling, but have them out on the field, running around looking for bases or proxy pylons or catching the push. With good creep spread, you can maneuver your units into a good position, and when the sentries start burning energy on FF, run the lings in from behind. Usually it will be a large all-inish push because if you can hold it efficiently then it will take time to build a proper force again, regardless of gateways.
Reply Quote
no suprise enemy 2 base push all in and z is dead over 80% of time. Anyone rmemeber that graph a while back where z never and I mean never wins early. This game is not strategy it is all timing and a waste of time to try to do better because you never know if they will just all in you or deathball you and z can never counter.
Reply Quote
hydras for defense and stop making them as soon as you scout a colo
Reply Quote
These kinds of things make me realize how much the Roach sucks.
Infestor/Ling seems good.
Reply Quote
I would have to say hydras are a pretty hard counter to this type of push. Watched multiple pro games where hydras push and counter/kill the protoss without colossus tech.
Reply Quote
The zerg player had the wrong composition to fight immortal sentry stalker. Use hydras or lings and infestors. Protoss just blind immortals because 99% of zergs make roaches nowadays so it's pretty easy to know what protoss should make. Also, you should flank the protoss and not just move in one direction.
Reply Quote
roach ling
or
roach spine crawler if it's near your expansion
Reply Quote
Going to hive tech off three bases, PLUS so many spines + tech units means of course he'll destroy you. If you need spines to defend, make sure they are all at a wide open "common area" where you can engage with your army. If you let your opponent get into a good position, of course you're probably screwed.If you scout a timing like that, make roach/ling and hold until you get infestors out.
Reply Quote
03/29/2012 02:32 PMPosted by JarJarGinx
Going to hive tech off three bases, PLUS so many spines + tech units means of course he'll destroy you. If you need spines to defend, make sure they are all at a wide open "common area" where you can engage with your army. If you let your opponent get into a good position, of course you're probably screwed.If you scout a timing like that, make roach/ling and hold until you get infestors out.

I Know this!

What i dont know is, How the hell do i go about engaging the immortal/stalker/sentry army with roach/ling/infestor/spines army.

I cant face his army comp head-on because he throws forcefields around his immortal/stalker which nullifies the zerglings, while immortal/stalker shoots the roaches over the FF
Edited by RedHaro on 3/29/2012 4:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote
The zerg player had the wrong composition to fight immortal sentry stalker.

There's not really a right one, just positioning and numbers...
Edited by Fawxkitteh on 3/30/2012 7:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]