StarCraft® II

Tosh's Blade

04/29/2012 03:33 PMPosted by xDRxCptHavok
which is better for a Balisong-noob the BM51 or BM62

I own the BM 51 and the BM 62, if you're a noob, i would go for the BM 51 because it is about half the weight of the 62 and has a friendlier grip to the virgin flipper. the kimura series are nice too, for about half the price of any Benchmade Bali in circulation... but for a new comer to flipping, get the 51, that's what i learned on and i still love it.
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 12:43 PMPosted by Jorge
Butterfly knives like toshes are ridiculously expensive...heck the cheapest one i have seen that isnt a trainer is 170$...and the one im looking at buying is 210$ but thats down from 270$...is it just because of state regulations that they are so expensive?

where could i get one?

bladehq.com or a site like that
Reply Quote
I think that best balisong knives (if you don't consider custom ones) are made by Benchmade.
Reply Quote
I wish Blizzard actually made Tosh's balisong. I have a few butterfly knives but that one looks really cool.
Reply Quote
Okay well if we're on the topic of balisongs...

I have a Bradley Kimura Mark VI balisong that I got for about $110. Bradleys are the best you'll get in the $100 price range. The only other kind I would get, are Benchmade and Microtech, which are generally $300+. If you like lighter knives, get the 5X series of Benchmades. The Benchmade 51 is about 3.3oz and is very good for faster tricks if you're used to that sort of thing.

I myself plan on buying a Benchmade 67 (I'd love a 47 but there's no way you can easily get a 4X series bali for less than $500). The 4X series which was hailed as the best, is essentially being remade in the 6X series, in style as well as weight. Similar skeletonized handles made of titanium, with a similar steel batch and style of blade that the 4X series was loved for.

Also, I'm just a sucker for modified tanto blades.

EDIT: If you have a blade already, and are used to a weight, try to find a similar weighted bali if you're upgrading. My reasons for aiming for the 6X series of Benchmades is the weight similarity of the Bradleys and the idea that I won't have to get used to a new level of speed or anything.
Edited by Balfouja on 3/2/2013 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]