StarCraft® II

My Little Pony

lol, umbrella, the only way to understand why people love it is to watch it, atleast several episodes.
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 11:39 PMPosted by Necromaster
lol, umbrella, the only way to understand why people love it is to watch it, atleast several episodes.

Several? Once you watch several, you watch them all!!
Reply Quote
04/07/2012 11:28 AMPosted by Umbrella
I don't recall ever saying everyone who watches the show is a major loser. What I did say is that everyone I do know that watches it is one. It's obvious that there are some people that watch it and aren't losers but in my case, I happened to run into all of them. It's not just because they went to my high school, but also because my high school has a poor reputation when it comes to academics and so on. You are able to tell the intelligent kids apart from the kids who were dropped on their head a few times when they were young. I agree that there are people who hop on the bandwagon and that there also people who genuinely enjoy something but where I went to school, I guarantee you it's a big trend. I know this because I used to be friends with some of the people there. To gain acceptance into a group, some people are actually rude enough to require you to love/like something they do even if you never planned on liking it before.
all childishness aside groups of friends who "require"you to like something they do to join, is called having something in common, if you really think people care about what you like and not how you treat them then i feel bad for u. For instance Football players in a group of friends dont "require" others to like football, they just do. same with any group of any people who are alike. the point is if you feel you need to "like/love" things for peoples accecptance then your in the wrong not them. i would bet noone ever actually said"you must like this to join our group."

i watched mylittleponies back in tha day when i was young. now it just doesnt appeal to me.
Reply Quote
I watch My Little Pony, I'm a men. SO WHAT? Did the guy who made this tread even watched a SINGLE episode? It's a really good cartoon, the kind of cartoon you don't see these days. Just make me a favor: Watch ONE SINGLE EPISODE and then come back talk about this...
Reply Quote
Here, the first episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0-tJPvfcTA&feature=player_detailpage
Reply Quote
I'm pretty sure everyone who loves the show was skeptical at first.
Even after the first episode, I couldn't help but feel embarrassed and surprised my friends convinced me to watch it. Were they trolling me?
Now I've watched every episode, with my brother. Hell, we've gone mad. Quoting lines and even singing those catchy songs. So don't watch it. To avoid something enjoyable, avoid this show.

The only other thing to add is Fluttershy is best pony.
Reply Quote
04/02/2012 12:43 AMPosted by Umbrella
Am i the only one who doesn't understand the fascination with this show?

No. You are never the only one. Ever!

04/19/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Archen

Several? Once you watch several, you watch them all!!

No you won't I watched a few. I thought it was an ok little kids show at best and never watched it after that.
Edited by popeman on 4/23/2012 2:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
All the masters league players watched every episode. You might as well watch it before you ladder again.
Reply Quote
Everyone I've met who watches traditional "adult" shows like Family Guy are incredibly idiotic, un-ambitious losers who spend every night of their college careers submerged in alcohol and are quite apt at using the adjective "gay" as an insult.

Everyone I've met who watches My Little Pony are hard-working individuals with a couple of undergrad research papers under their belt and are actually quite pleasant to speak with. But I'm not going to make any inferences here.

We watch MLP because we believe that the quality of the show far outshines its base themes of "ponies and friendship." Remember Powerpuff girls and it's concept? Surely a show about three cute superpowered kindergarteners can't be anything but atrocious. But the show is just so god damned good and at times full with so much heart that one doesn't notice anything saccharine about it at all. By the way, Lauren Faust, the creator of this new installment of My little Pony is the wife of the person that created PPG and helped with much of the development process.

I personally watch it because it has caused me to laugh in a way that I haven't laughed in a while. It feels like most adult shows try to derive humor from cynicism, angst, and dirty jokes and it is actually quite refreshing to be able to laugh at something that doesn't do any of this. In an entertainment world rife with Gregory Houses and Walter Whites the soul seeks refuge from the misanthropy and anti-heroes prevalent in the industry. We just so happened to find our refuge with colorful ponies.

Also, Fluttershy kills a bear

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81uLTl0y5YM
Edited by Kalo on 4/23/2012 11:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 11:22 PMPosted by Kalo
Lauren Faust, the creator of this new installment of My little Pony is the wife of the person that created PPG and helped with much of the development process.

To add to your point, she also worked on Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

To the OP - There is only one statement that I can tell you: Don't knock it 'till you try it.
Reply Quote
First of all, to your statement of ages on the forums: I'm thirteen, right at the age where I'm thinking of boobs and sex. I'm also at the point where I think I am the paragon of testosterone, and I watch MLPFIM. So what? It may be childish and girly, but who cares? I enjoy it, and I'm openly teased about it. I don't care. Also, I'm homeschooled, and I'm doing intermediate
algebra. But wait, I watch MLP, I'm stupid (in spite I can teach a seventh-grade math class?) I think you are stupid.
Reply Quote
You have a poor argument here, guy
Reply Quote
To people who say the shows girly, I'ma leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc99jYyvhyA&feature=plcp

Too bad he missed two of the best ones, a sonic rainnuke and Fluttershy snapping a bear's neck.
Reply Quote
Ive watched 6 episodes and I find the show insipid. What ever happen to the cartoons that had an actual plot like the ones on toonami. If this is suppose to be the best cartoon in a while I don't wanna know whats been made since I stopped watching cartoons.
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Draco
Ive watched 6 episodes and I find the show insipid. What ever happen to the cartoons that had an actual plot like the ones on toonami. If this is suppose to be the best cartoon in a while I don't wanna know whats been made since I stopped watching cartoons.
I am going to tell you now: "it gets better later" I mean it doesn't but you are going to get people that say that.
Reply Quote
04/05/2012 01:57 PMPosted by Zandakar
I like the quote but there comes and time and place where you should put down the dolls and action figures and move on to bigger and better things. Things that aren't geared toward babies. In this case, My Little Pony.

Should I stop playing video games just because I'm in my mid twenties? Since you feel you can so freely deterimine how I should spend my time what should I do instead?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men."
-Willy Wonka, 1971
Reply Quote
05/14/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Draco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]