StarCraft® II

Never play custom games alone again!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know about us. The main thread is located here:

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4422362587#1

But for anyone who's big on custom games, most of our members LOVE to play custom games together. In fact, it's one of our main things we do every week.

If you're looking to regularly play with people doing custom games, we offer just that!

More info here:

https://sites.google.com/site/tawcampaign/
Edited by Paveway on 5/25/2012 12:05 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I love custom games, and they're so much more fun when you're socializing with friends and having a great time. Playing custom games with a community is awesome, and this is a great community to play with.
Reply Quote
Yeah...

Also to get on their teamspeak is such an overwhelming pain that its not really worth the effort.

I even signed up for their clan... Yaaa they want a custom map community there? How about not having manditory show-up times for the "custom" division?

How about starting with a public teamspeak that you can just log in and play?
Reply Quote
Hi Fockewulf,

TAW holds weekly scheduled meet-ups in order to offer our members a time at which they are guaranteed to be able to find games with other members, but we game together every night. While these meet-ups are termed "mandatory," they are in fact far from it -- our policy is that real life always comes first.

TAW maintains a friendly and welcoming atmosphere on its TeamSpeak server, which is passworded in order to preserve an environment of maturity, respect, and fun. TAW members have full access to the multi-channel server, which is just as simple to connect to as any other TS server.

Guests are welcome to sign up for our forums, join our battle.net channel (Clan TAW), and game with TAW members at any time. Guests may even be invited to our TeamSpeak server -- simply ask Paveway or myself for the password via battle.net or email (name@taw.net).

I apologize if this misunderstanding has given you the wrong impression of who we are, but anyone who is hesitant about joining or doesn't want to commit to joining a community is always welcome to play with TAW members as a guest.

Peace,
-V
Edited by Vulkor on 5/5/2012 3:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes and I went through your paperwork to try and get a quest pass at the same time I applied to the clan.

I'm afraid my clan days are over I merely wanted to come play and see who you guys were. Unfortunatly your system which is perfectly understandable for shooters will not work in an enviroment as sparse as StarCarft 2 customs. You need to make it easier.
Reply Quote
Just a little update - the URL has been changed.

Please check us out at:

If you'd like to learn more by playing with us, we do have public Teamspeak access with a password to help reduce spam. Contact me at Paveway@taw.net for the password and you can hop on!

I apologize if some people felt that the process to gaining membership was difficult, I can assure you that we have a dedicated staff that can help you with every step of the way. If you just want to play with us, all you need is the public TS password, joining is entirely optional!

We also meet in chat channel: "clan taw"

You can contact me through friends: Paveway@183
Reply Quote
Big B-B-B-B-BBUUUMMPP

Join TAW:

Battle.net CC: "clan taw"
Contact me @ Guns.370
Reply Quote
Big news!

We've opened up our TeamSpeak channel to the public; you no longer need a password to hop on and game with us. Just add [SC] to the end of your TS name and we'll know you're there to play some StarCraft.
Reply Quote
09/07/2012 04:26 PMPosted by hellsaura
how is this any better than the 'arcade' chat forum IN SC2?

Dedicated players?

Just a little update - the URL has been changed.

Please check us out at:

If you'd like to learn more by playing with us, we do have public Teamspeak access with a password to help reduce spam. Contact me at Paveway@taw.net for the password and you can hop on!

I apologize if some people felt that the process to gaining membership was difficult, I can assure you that we have a dedicated staff that can help you with every step of the way. If you just want to play with us, all you need is the public TS password, joining is entirely optional!

We also meet in chat channel: "clan taw"

You can contact me through friends: Paveway@183

As I am a dedicated mapmaker, I'm always in need of players and map testers for my games. Would I be able to get players who are mature and serious when it comes to playing/testing?(For example, actually reading tutorials for a game with unique/complex mechanics, doesn't ragequit coz he's losing, etc)
Reply Quote
@hellsaura: We use voice communication (TeamSpeak) to coordinate. It's like a social club; you hang out with people, make friends, and game. Games are that much more fun when you can hear the people you're playing with, laugh with them, and talk tactics with them as you play.

@Kildare: That's right; and if you're on TeamSpeak with us to help explain the rules of your game, that would make things run even smoother. We regularly try out new custom games. I can't guarantee that people will spend hours playtesting a certain map (if people aren't having fun, they won't keep playing a map over and over again), but we'll definitely give it a try and give feedback if you'd like it.
Reply Quote
Logged on.

Good bunch of guys but they are only on at prime times and then only on certain days. On top of it they are pretty much strictly melee. It get the impression they play customs on the side but for the most part its strictly melee.

It didn't help that the SC2 division members I talked to had no idea that they were even promoting TAW here and for custom maps, not melee.

Edit: Also another issue that doesn't work in their favor is that their teamspeak address is not readily available (you have to search their site for it a little) and you cannot freely move channels. I had to PM a few people and wait until I finally got noticed. That kind of environment, by its very nature, won't work for custom maps at all.
Edited by FockeWulf on 9/11/2012 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
It's funny; we've had people come in and say that we're focused too much on custom games and that they wanted more 1v1!

The fact of the matter is that some of our members play 1v1, some play team games, some play custom games, and some play all of the above. FockeWulf happened to get on during a night when we were running a 1v1 playhem tournament, so most people in the crowd that night were our 1v1 players.

During the summer, we had people on every night, but since school started, many of our younger members have been busier, so most of our activity is on Tuesday and Friday nights. But we want to have people online and active every night!
Reply Quote
I suppose I could stop in and check again.

You are really going to have to reduce the security on your teamspeak though. The custom map community and what you are running won't mesh very well.
Reply Quote
Hey FockeWulf, security is tough -- our TS server has been flagged as one of the top 20 in the entire world, which makes us a target for trolls. Our server was recently attacked, and while we managed to resolve the issue, we have temporarily put a password back on our server. To my understanding, this will just be for a couple of days.
Reply Quote
We do custom games and other types of games. Whatever the players want, it'll happen.

Just had a great practice, good seeing more people in the community. Always nice to have new members, and having old members trickle back to activeness.

Visit us at www.taw.net to learn more and join up!!
Reply Quote
Hey guys, Guns here our SA, Server Administrator. So basically, our StarCraft II Division is getting bigger, especially the fact that many members are now playing or even creating popular custom game maps. So join us on our TEAMSPEAK 3 SERVER: ts.taw.net OR register and sign up for the clan first @ www.taw.net
Reply Quote
hey quick qusetion you guys have a starbattle team its such a pain playing that game on your own
Reply Quote
We do not have a "team" for it, but I am sure that we would be able to find people who would play it with you when need be :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]