StarCraft® II

Protoss PvT

04/14/2012 07:09 PMPosted by DAWings
as IdrA once said, "Most of them don't have one."

Yea Idra is a good person to quote in this thread. >.>
Reply Quote
Biased this thread is. Become a random player and actually play Protoss in the higher leagues. Then tell me your opinion again.
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 02:25 PMPosted by TheReaper

How the heck is this thread highly rated?
To the OP:
Please stop generalizing the Protoss race just because you lose all the time to it.
Instead of the QQ, please analyze your replays (with an objective mind) and learn that there are more units than marines and siege tanks in the Terran Race.
And to all the forumers who +1 this thread....

Are you legitimately retarded?

You obviously know nothing of the match up

You know nothing of your own race.
Reply Quote
I honestly cannot believe how many people are in agreement with the OP. Have any of you forum posters ever played protoss? Have any of you at least tried to get better before coming here? Has recent posts about Blizzard sucking at balance led you to believe this matchup is flawed by design?

Have any of you noticed that the OP just came here, said "Toss is OP", and is actually supported by all you idiots? Have you bothered to watch progamers duke PvT out? Have you noticed that Terrans actually win their games?

Quite honestly, I am speechless. I just might start a thread detailing the idiots of the forums, make a list or something. Blizzard, please moderate your forums. We can do with a legitimate argument of why PvT is imbalanced, and I am willing to argue logically, but this is too far.
Reply Quote
I honestly cannot believe how many people are in agreement with the OP. Have any of you forum posters ever played protoss? Have any of you at least tried to get better before coming here? Has recent posts about Blizzard sucking at balance led you to believe this matchup is flawed by design?

Have any of you noticed that the OP just came here, said "Toss is OP", and is actually supported by all you idiots? Have you bothered to watch progamers duke PvT out? Have you noticed that Terrans actually win their games?

Quite honestly, I am speechless. I just might start a thread detailing the idiots of the forums, make a list or something. Blizzard, please moderate your forums. We can do with a legitimate argument of why PvT is imbalanced, and I am willing to argue logically, but this is too far.

Welcome to the internet. By the way, there's a difference between balance at the pro level and balance at the casual level. What is perfectly balanced for pros is not necessarily so for the rest of us. And no, I'm not arguing that Blizzard should balance for casuals. Absolutely not. But to deny the fact that imbalances exist for the majority of players (i.e. non-pros), is to blind yourself to reality. As long as people play less than perfect, you will find threads like this. Welcome to battle.net.
Reply Quote
04/14/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Kobe
Biased this thread is. Become a random player and actually play Protoss in the higher leagues. Then tell me your opinion again.

Actually, I'm quite sure both the OP and myself are better than you at every race by a very wide margin.
and he (OP) is pretty on the mark.

I'm willing to put this to the test anytime
You obviously know nothing of the match up

You know nothing of your own race.

Actually, if you think terran standard is to go marine tank against protoss, you have no idea what the matchup involves.
Edited by TheBatman on 4/14/2012 10:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
This is what I absolutely hate about PvT. I am forced to defend from the 10 minutes to the 16 minute mark in order to merely stay in the game. With drops coming left, right, up, down, and from a different dimension, I have to turtle for 16 minutes. Even so, I'm not guaranteed an "A-move" army, not that it exists. I am losing Probes, Tech structures, Nexii to stupid Marauders, and my entire Army to a Stim-and-Stutter Step army. I would rather have it that Neither player has an advantage over the other in terms of tech, regardless of the stage of the game.

Wouldn't some Terrans actually trade some Nerfs on their bio units for better late-game tech units like Ravens, Thors, and Seige Tanks?

And I would be more than willing to trade nerfs on Protoss high-tech units like the Colossus for better lower tech units or obsolete units like better Stalkers, Void Rays, and Carriers.

Blizzard said they wanted more diversity to the game. Well, why not tweak it so that we can have a more variety of units like the Carrier, BC, and the Reaper on the battlefield? I'm tired of the Colossus and High Templar being so pivotal in PvT.
Reply Quote
04/11/2012 08:10 AMPosted by USSMidway
Protoss, defend your base until the 15 min mark, create colossus/templar deathball while staying heavy on chargelots; collect ladder points nine times out of ten.

Problem?

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░
Reply Quote
Protoss, defend your base until the 15 min mark, create colossus/templar deathball while staying heavy on chargelots; collect ladder points nine times out of ten.

There is nothing to argue about when the matchup is flawed by design.

agreed.

Nothing stops a turtling toss
Reply Quote

fail if u ask any progamer that plays macro game like idra and immvp they will all tell u their wrost match up is protoss, however this does not mean protoss is op it is only op to macro gamer, i could say protoss is underpowered to people like marineking and some zerg who does these roach or scv all in. anyway this thread is correct once protoss tech kicks in it is 90% win the problem is getting there
Edited by hidden on 4/15/2012 1:35 AM PDT
Reply Quote

fail if u ask any progamer that plays macro game like idra and immvp they will all tell u their wrost match up is protoss, however this does not mean protoss is op it is only op to macro gamer, i could say protoss is underpowered to people like marineking and some zerg who does these roach or scv all in. anyway this thread is correct once protoss tech kicks in it is 90% win the problem is getting there

Protoss (like all races) becomes much more deadly if left unmolested. the idea that you can just leave them to their own devices and expect to win is absurd.
Reply Quote
................................................ ..........................._,-~"¯¯"~-,
.................................................. ................__„-~"¯¯:::,-~~-,_::::"-
.................................................. ..........„~"¯::::::::::::::"::::::::::::::::::::::\
.................................................. .__„„„-"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,
..........................................__-~"::,-':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::~-,
..........................._______~"___-~"::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::: :: :::::::::::"-,
......................,~"::::::::::::::¯¯::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,: |
....................:/:::::::::::::::::__-~":::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~":'\'-,:\:|:\|::\|\::\:|
...................,'::::::::,-~~"~"_::',::|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :: :::,~ ':\'-,::',"-\::'':"::::::::\|:|/
..............._,-'"~----":::/,~"¯"-:|::|::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,~"::\'-,:\;;'-';;;;;;;;;;;,-'::\::|/
............,-'::::::::::::::::'-\~"O¯_/::,'::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-',::\'-,:|::";;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:'-,::\
............|:::::::::::::::::-,_'~'::::,-'::,':::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-':\'-,:\'-,';;';;;;;;;;;;;;;,-':\:::'\-,|''
............|::,-~"::::::::::::::"~~":::,-'::::::::::::::::::::::::_,-~':\'-,|:"'";;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'¯::'-,:',\|
.........../::/::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::_,„-~"¯\:\'-,|;''-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'--,::\-:\:\|
........./::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;'-';;;;',/;\/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-,|:::\-,:|\|..\|
......./:::::::\:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,-';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-~'''("-,\:::|\:|::''
......,':::::::,'::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :,-'/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,--'::::::/"~'
.....,'::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::,„-~"::|;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,-'::::::::,'::::/
..../:::::::::|:::::::::::::„---~~""¯¯¯::',:::::,';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,'::::::::: :: |_,-'
..,'::::::::::::",:,-~"¯::::::::"-,::::::::::|:::/;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;,':::::::|::::,'
./:::::::::::::::|:::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::\:::|¯¯¯"""~-,~,_/::::::::,':::/
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::|::\: : : : : : |: : \::::::::/:/
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::"-':::\: : : : : : |: : :\::::::\ THIS THREAD IS SILLY!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::: ::::\: : : : : : \: : : |:::::;;\
::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::",:::::::::::::::/|\ ,: : : : : : : |::::,'/|::::|
:::::::::::::::::::::"-,:::::::::::::::"-,_::::::::::\|:/|,: : : : : : : |::: |'-,/|:::|
::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_::::::::::::::"~-,_:::"-,/|/\::::::::::: \::: \"-/|::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,__:::::::::::',"-,:::"_|/\:|\: : : : \::\":/|\|
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"~-,_:::::\:::\:::"~/_:|:|\: : : '-,\::"::,'\
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::"-,_:'-,::\:::::::"-,|:||\,-, : '-,\:::|-'-„
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::,-,'"-:"~,:::::"/_/::|-/\--';;\:::/: ||\-,
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :/...'-,::::::"~„::::"-,/_:|:/\:/|/|/|_/:|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |......"-,::::::::"~-:::::""~~~"¯:::|
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: |........."-,_::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::\ .............."~--„_____„„-~~"
Reply Quote
Terran, attack on one or two bases, create marine/marauder bioball while staying heavy on medivacs; collect ladder points nine times out of ten.

OH LOOK I CAN DO IT TOO AREN'T I SPECIAL?

Anyone can speak in hyperbole and lies

he dd the same thing as the op. this matchup is mostly balanced, only tweaks need to be marines (in general when even zerg complain about them) and collossus (they need nerfed in some manner).

dont be a jag because someone went against you, moron.

You mean like you terrans always do on these forums? Yeah man, totally.

I'm not even going to bother saying anything here: the terrans can continue believing they've been victimized and their angry tears can continue flooding these forums. Everyone else is enjoying the game. Before match winrates were released winrates meant everything to terrans cause it showed protoss winning by 3%, but afterward with a 10% terran win, winrates suddenly because useless.

Forum terrans *slowclap*
Reply Quote

Protoss (like all races) becomes much more deadly if left unmolested. the idea that you can just leave them to their own devices and expect to win is absurd.

thats why u need to defend, wait for tech to kicks in, u dont need to harass terran, watch squirtle vs polt, polt was ahead in everything except tech. tech takes time and most protoss tech requires 2 base. with nowday map secure third should not be hard eg entombed valley extreme protoss favored map
Reply Quote
04/11/2012 03:06 AMPosted by iPEagleye
There is nothing to argue about when the matchup is flawed by design.

exactly. so dont try to start one. both races are op in this matchup.
Reply Quote
sry, but this only applys to parting

the other protosses are beatable
Reply Quote
sry, but this only applys to parting

the other protosses are beatable

so what you're saying is when the rest of yall l2p we'll be in trouble? i've thought this about the zerg race for the longest time. fi they play perfect how can they lose? on the other hand it's easy to get alead on protoss just take a gas before you expand and stop mining from it when the probe leaves.. it makes his build 100x more inefficient and now he's scouting for and preparing for a 1-1-1 or 2 rax
Reply Quote

thats why u need to defend, wait for tech to kicks in, u dont need to harass terran, watch squirtle vs polt, polt was ahead in everything except tech. tech takes time and most protoss tech requires 2 base. with nowday map secure third should not be hard eg entombed valley extreme protoss favored map

different races are different. Protoss trades mobility for staying power, terran trades staying power for mobility. it falls on the terran to utilize their advantage like protoss uses theirs.
Reply Quote

different races are different. Protoss trades mobility for staying power, terran trades staying power for mobility. it falls on the terran to utilize their advantage like protoss uses theirs.

protoss has to turtle. you guys are seriously whining that you get to expand freely during the 10-16 min mark? (when 3/3 finishes)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]