StarCraft® II

Matchmaking Changes Have Been Reverted

aww c'mon... I was taking games off GM's :(
Reply Quote
why not just raise the level of the highest possible MMR and have this not affect players in bronze league?
Reply Quote
rofl... you know its supposed to make u play better players as well, right? it seems like you didnt take that into consideration
Reply Quote
Thank you! I really didn't like this system, to be very honest... I was beating golds and platinums last season, and this season I get placed against a very, very low bronze for my placement, rolled him but was put in silver again because he was really below my level. =/
Reply Quote
I really enjoyed it. As an plat level player, I really enjoyed the odd thumping of someone bad, or getting killed myself. On the other hand, when I beat someone in Diamond, and think to myself that this must be one of the gold people I am facing, It really is a confidence booster.

I don't ladder much, usually just customs with friends, but this has really made me feel a desire to ladder more. It felt more like the fps games where a server might have good players, or bad players, you just got to play, and have fun. With the regular system, I've always felt a need to do my best for no reason what so ever.

I can't explain why the change in my desire to play happened any better than that... just this little change in the match making made the experience much more fun for me.
Reply Quote
for people that enjoy the challenge of playing agents higher level players you could try custom 1v1's and you might get a few diamonds plus. it what i use to do but then i stopped playing cuz of RL
Reply Quote
I'm glad you changed things back. You have a very finely tuned matchmaking system, no need to deliberately create unfair match-ups.
Reply Quote
Well, that !@#$ing suck than because how is somebody gonna improve if they are playing low skill scrubs that do %^-* impossible to recreate in higher level games because its that bad. Seriously I like that change and I think that Blizzard is making a huge mistake by taking this away. Now I have to deal with dumb rushes or strategies. Thanks blizzard for being a @*!%.
Reply Quote
Just tweak it a little for the end spectrums and bring it back please.
Reply Quote
Damnit I never got to play them I was looking forward to it :(
Reply Quote
04/12/2012 05:51 PMPosted by Arbalest
for people that enjoy the challenge of playing agents higher level players you could try custom 1v1's and you might get a few diamonds plus. it what i use to do but then i stopped playing cuz of RL

People don't really try in custom 1v1 like they do in ladder. Generally they play offraces or try new strats
Reply Quote
Wow; I haven't even had a chance to get ON the ladder this season.

How... Great. Makes you wonder how many other people completely missed the chance to play with this different style of ladder system.
Reply Quote
Was it at least fun for those that played it?

I was really looking forward to trying it out :( I wish theres a way they can work around this!

04/12/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Sidewinder
Thank god. It made too many games on the ladder a waste of time.

I'm also curious to what you mean by waste of time?
Edited by RTsSeptember on 4/12/2012 8:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Not one game I played was even. Either slightly favored or favored, and it turns out I've been up against people one/two ranks higher. That wasn't fun, period.
Edited by WindFall on 4/12/2012 8:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Aw man i was winning for once
Reply Quote
lmao, I knew it couldn't last...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]