StarCraft® II

Matchmaking Changes Have Been Reverted

04/12/2012 12:25 PMPosted by Kaivax
What we saw with this experiment were undesirable consequences for players at the far ends of the range of skill

Just wondering what this meant =] thanks!
Reply Quote
how nice of them to cave so fast.
Reply Quote
I was really enjoying the new matchmaking system. It gave some room for error and every match wasnt soo stressful. I guess I understand that Bronze/Masters would suffer from this system but I am sad to see it go. Hopefully there is some adjustment that can be made so every match isnt so evenly matched that one mistake costs or wins the game. I was loving seeing "slightly favored" instead of every single match being "teams even".
Reply Quote
Had an idea for a way to keep these matchmaking settings around by using them in 1v1 custom games. Check out the thread here http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4427565655
Reply Quote
Posted by Kaivax
What we saw with this experiment were undesirable consequences for players at the far ends of the range of skill

04/13/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Nordis
Just wondering what this meant =] thanks!

the worse of the worse started losing a lot more often, and the best of the best started winning a lot more often. Any amount of reasonable foresight could have forseen this.
Edited by Ice on 4/13/2012 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 03:40 PMPosted by xboi
I'm still a bronze and I agree that it doesn't help the bronze out. While it does give bronze players a chance to experience better matches, they don't have a CHOICE.

Why not have it just be a toggle switch of some kind? Where you can check off "higher range matchmaking" or whatever, and you can get matched by someone with that checkbox that's outside your range or a normal person within your range. That way people get to choose which they like.
Reply Quote
THANK YOU

crushing golds and getting demolished by diamonds was no fun
Reply Quote
sadface*
Reply Quote
- StarCraft
Well that didn't last long.
Reply Quote
We previously [url="http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/4811890/"]announced[/url] that we intended to “loosen” the range of opponents chosen in matchmaking, causing the game to occasionally match opponents that were a bit more disparate from one another in skill than before. This change was carried out, we have carefully evaluated the results we’re seeing, and we have decided to roll back the change for now.

What we saw with this experiment were undesirable consequences for players at the far ends of the range of skill, and we have now returned to the previous matchmaker tuning -- settings that were in use for a long time before this trial. Nonetheless, we may make further adjustments to the matchmaker in the future.

Thank you very much for your participation and feedback on this!
finaly i was tired of getting stomped on my gold/play players
Reply Quote
Being on the receiving end of the "Silver vs Master" stomping, I'm glad they changed things back to the way it was.

Though, I have to say, it is a good and very interesting idea to be able to play against people of more varied skill levels. It would be nice if the players can have the option to be a part of it or not. Perhaps in the form of automated tournaments like the ones back in WC3.

The tournament format would allow those that are looking for a challenge to do their thing, all the while without having the lower leaguers being stomped into oblivion during a regular ladder game.
Reply Quote
04/13/2012 10:37 PMPosted by RHINOmkII
Thank you very much for your participation and feedback on this!

Am I the only one who thinks it's stupid to thank someone for their participation in a mandatory experiment?

Its not mandatory, we could chose not to play at all. They're thanking us for continuing to log on, continuing to play, and giving the experiment a chance. Would you rather them say "screw you for playing our game"
Reply Quote
Yea I had to play against a diamond, wasn't a fun time
Reply Quote
Thanks too bad. I kinda liked the changes.
Reply Quote
I didn't even notice a change.
Reply Quote
at least im a diamond now and making progress lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]