Probes vs Zeelot, how to play the Zealot?

How do you play the Zealot effectively in "Probes vs Zeelot"?
Reply Quote
Spam attack and attack speed upgs, force them to go all wall and no turrets, when you max on attack you have far more income than the little pobes, you win. The game is literally broken.
Reply Quote
04/18/2012 03:06 PMPosted by iamakiller
Spam attack and attack speed upgs, force them to go all wall and no turrets, when you max on attack you have far more income than the little pobes, you win. The game is literally broken.

Fact.
Reply Quote
Yep. Like I try to tell people, the only way to beat a zealot that knows what they're doing is cheese.

I'm mainly talking about mineral dumping one person on an unsuspecting zealot (like 2 T11 towers at the same time while he's farming away on the wall). Basically once they hit 92% armor and decent HP, it's almost impossible. A few people will tell you it's entirely possible and that you're just stupid, but I've proved time and time again that my zealot can't be beat by following a simple order.

Really the easiest way to win as a probe, without technically cheesing, is to:

1. Not take any base close to the zealot spawn.
2. Group up in bases. 2-3 people in every base can spell doom for a zealot since you could each build 2 turrets and keep them from farming fairly easy.

This still may not work on the extra large map with a good zealot, but it's the best shot.
Reply Quote
Yep. Like I try to tell people, the only way to beat a zealot that knows what they're doing is cheese.

I'm mainly talking about mineral dumping one person on an unsuspecting zealot (like 2 T11 towers at the same time while he's farming away on the wall). Basically once they hit 92% armor and decent HP, it's almost impossible. A few people will tell you it's entirely possible and that you're just stupid, but I've proved time and time again that my zealot can't be beat by following a simple order.

Really the easiest way to win as a probe, without technically cheesing, is to:

1. Not take any base close to the zealot spawn.
2. Group up in bases. 2-3 people in every base can spell doom for a zealot since you could each build 2 turrets and keep them from farming fairly easy.

This still may not work on the extra large map with a good zealot, but it's the best shot.

That second thing. My god that so much. People always used to !@#$% at me when I would go into their bases. But jesus christ its the easiest way to win as probes. One guy walls and econs, the other makes turrets. You cant always stop his farm, but you can certainly slow him down compared to all the guys stuck by themselves.

Probes are way more powerful when they pair up, but no one seems to want to do it, and it aggravates me so.
Reply Quote
I've found if u have 2 pobes in one base and another super close u can keep a pretty good void prison chain going further cuttin down the zeelots feed. On the pobes sanctuary if all pobes go into the bottom 2 right bases youll win with the turrets overlapping from the other pobes base. just spam voids an win
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Rakeesh

That's really not true.

I've played plenty of 1v1s where the one probe announces what base they're taking to the zealot. (i.e. does not hide, trap, salvage&run, or otherwise cheese). Under these conditions, a probe who knows how to 1v1 tends to beat a good zealot provided the chosen base is further away than the gold bases. (And even in the case of gold bases, south gold tends to make for a pretty even match).

So...it's certainly possible to win without cheesing. Imagine 15 probes doing the 1v1 build--they could each be in individual bases and it would not matter as long as none of them were gold.

Of course, in most public games there's usually some incompetent probes who feed. And then it becomes a prisoner's dilemma. "Since there are incompetent probes who feed, I can't spend all my money on turrets right now, I need to econ so that I will have enough money to beat the fed zealot later." Which is usually followed by "oh bother, the zealot came to me and I did not have turrets ready."
Edited by metcomposite on 7/13/2012 8:16 AM PDT
Reply Quote
probes always win completly unfair game dont play it
Reply Quote
can anyone tell me who made it and there main email adress so i can edit and update pobes!..
For anyone with info i can be found in this forum and some other pobes forums, but you can email me ate oliverini@hotmail.com
Reply Quote
I like Probes Vs Zealot 2 more fun XP lolz
Reply Quote
The game is actually pretty fun, given that no one feeds the zealot like 100000000000000000000000 minerals!
Also, probes are easier and you wall, build gen, build turrents etc. Very simple. I suggest that if you don't have gen 4-5 when zealot finds you, run! cause you haven't really spent much minerals!
As stated before, there are lots of people who just let the zealot farm. PISSESS ME OFF SO DAMN MUCH. Then it just ends up being wether or not you have a power wall + and 4+ T12 turrents or not, cause it is so annoying. you can't run, cause restarting is too slow, and you can't kill the zealot quickly, by then it got like 99.99999999 damage reduction and 10000 damage
Reply Quote
04/25/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Rakeesh
only wa

04/12/2014 04:44 AMPosted by YOURDAD
As stated before, there are lots of people who just let the zealot farm. PISSESS ME OFF SO DAMN MUCH. Then it just ends up being wether or not you have a power wall + and 4+ T12 turrents or not, cause it is so annoying. you can't run, cause restarting is too slow, and you can't kill the zealot quickly, by then it got like 99.99999999 damage reduction and 10000 damage
Reply Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEMERaWR4D0&index=6&list=PLTum3YIdCwKSO5wjwTwoaMYvoyn5MtjJB
Reply Quote
how do you get "themes" for probes?? The one that you can change the ways your tower and units animations.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]