Stop complaining about the lurker.

I have to remake banelings because they die on hit. Lurker hits until hes killed
Reply Quote
Swarm Host >>>>> Lurker
I'd gladly trade the Lurker for the Swarm Host
Edited by Roshu on 6/11/2012 11:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yeah, sc2 dosnt need lurkers. i loved em in sc1, but their pretty absolete in sc2.
Reply Quote
04/21/2012 10:12 AMPosted by JohnnyZeWolf
When it comes to Blizzard and balance, nothing is "random". They try to do their best and go with what looks like the best ideas given the feedback, but they can't accurately predict how the community will react.

It doesn't take a genius to know how the community will act... it's always the exact same thing.

qq
qq
qq
qq
qq
qq
Reply Quote
06/06/2012 09:34 PMPosted by CarlosSpicy
At least a lurker was a permanent unit that was good at defense against mass infantry. I'm not so sure the new units will be able to prop up the anti-marine ball.
i think they got rid of it because zerg is meant to be offence NOT turtle and relax with mass corrupter and lurker
Reply Quote
I want a lurker that can move while burrowed and fires nuclear missiles off instead of spines to the theme music of Red October , just saying.:P
Reply Quote
The only real reason I can see to prefer the lurker over the swarm host a this time is a fondess for the idea of the lurker (be it name, unit visual, or attack style).

Functionally they are quite similar and the swarm host is even easier to get out, not requiring hydra tech. Numbers adjustments could make marines into siege tanks if blizz wanted to, so if they want the swarm host to function like the lurker did, it will. Have some faith =)

As far as just liking the visual/flavor of the lurker better, well not much we can do there, but Lurkers were cool, and that won't change.
Reply Quote
The only real reason I can see to prefer the lurker over the swarm host a this time is a fondess for the idea of the lurker (be it name, unit visual, or attack style).

Functionally they are quite similar and the swarm host is even easier to get out, not requiring hydra tech. Numbers adjustments could make marines into siege tanks if blizz wanted to, so if they want the swarm host to function like the lurker did, it will. Have some faith =)

As far as just liking the visual/flavor of the lurker better, well not much we can do there, but Lurkers were cool, and that won't change.

ROF is the bigger difference, really. The Swarm Hosts can only spawn "x" amount of units in a given time frame, and when they die, pressure is eased off one's enemies. In comparison, the Lurker would continue to attack until discovered and killed. Your opponent couldn't simply kill off the "attacking part" of the unit then move on.

I'm not saying the Swarm Host is worse or anything, but functionally, I do find it quite different from the Lurker.
Reply Quote
Well, I still like the Swarmhost... (A lot). It's a cool unit. The lurker was cool to, but I think the Swarmhost will prove to be so OP when people get used to it. Besides, it fits it's role of wall harasser and free attacker really well. : )
Reply Quote
dude wtf are u talking about?????? ur comparing a infested terran with a baneling? the tech paths are COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT u need a damaged comand center to make a infested teran while a baneling is just a nest and zerglings....banelings are Way more easily accessable
Reply Quote
the last was directed at zerglingsINC but SH's are good to me and lurkers are as well to be honest both could be in play as lurkers were mainly used for anti infantry and light units while swarm host are used in bigger army compositions

the swarms the host shoots have their own hp(although they could use a boost imo to increase the effectivness of the swarms) they do good damage to pretty much any unit.

the lurker was used as harassment and defense while it could be used as a seige unit, swarm host are a better option ( or perhaps with a few tweaks like speed up how often they spawn swarms while decreasing their damage output or something just allowing the swarm to hit air units
Reply Quote
I think the attack animation of the Lurker is strange because the Lurker is a stealth unit yet its attack clearly indicates where it is.
Edited by Engineer on 6/19/2012 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 03:04 PMPosted by Contagion
Well, I still like the Swarmhost... (A lot). It's a cool unit. The lurker was cool to, but I think the Swarmhost will prove to be so OP when people get used to it. Besides, it fits it's role of wall harasser and free attacker really well. : )

Oh for sure, no disagreements there! Was just pointing out something I noted.
06/19/2012 07:02 PMPosted by Engineer
I think the attack animation of the Lurker is strange because the Lurker is a stealth unit yet its attack clearly indicates where it is.

Yeah, that's true. lol

Although, I have to give Blizzard credit, the newer attack animation (Especially when used with a torrent of Lurkers) can be slightly harder to pinpoint.
Reply Quote
So blizzard replaces the carrier with the tempest and when they find out lots of people still want the carrier they put it back and still keep the tempest, why cant they keep swarm host and lurkers?
Reply Quote
I would be happy if the Lurker was simply in the Campaign.
Reply Quote
The lurker filled a role that the zerg no longer have in SC2. It has nothing to do with being a seige unit (lurker and swarm host are both seige units, I'm not going to argue). The role the lurker filled that the swarm host does not is that the lurker was an invisible attack unit. Yes, the swarm host is invisible, but the things themselves that attack are not. It's like if the lurker's spines were able to be killed before they hit their target.
Reply Quote
09/17/2012 02:31 PMPosted by Martiny
I would be happy if the Lurker was simply in the Campaign.

it's possible the Goliath and Diamond back were in campaign mode; though the Valkyrie didn't.
the Protoss could see some of their BW units return as well *Dragoon I'm looking at you*
Zerg; yeah I could see Lurker returning in campaign mode few others as well.
Reply Quote
Valkyries are in the Heart of the Swarm campaign in the mission called with "friends like these" (the mission where you use the Hyperion) but they look very different from the Brood War design. There are also "griffons". And lurkers are in the Heart of the Swarm campaign (you can chose the Impaler instead) i forgot the name of the mission though.
They are thought to appear in Legacy of the Void multiplayer. I think they will be in the campaign as well. Though I do wish the dragoon was at least in the campaign. I think they are going to be in the Legacy of the Void campaign with a unit called the centurion that looks like it can do an ability called "Wirlwind". I think that because I saw pictures of the campaign preview and it had a picture with a unit with an axe and the word centurion on the left side. And I think the dragoon will be in the campaign because I saw a picture with something that looked like a dragoon from the subjection campaign in arcade and starcraft 1.
Edited by babagogo on 1/19/2015 5:07 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]