Protoss vs Terran/Zerg

I'm creating this forum post because im looking for answers on how tvp and zvp is fair what so ever. both other races get cheap good units fast and easily for example marines 50g counter my 100g zealot early game and without charge ofc with little to no skill. lings 2 for 50g and can be produced with ease, forcing p to start with a forge and build a pc, putting back are econmy and army an immense amount theres 300g gone before we can even start to get units not to mention the time to build, so early pressure is laughable, esp against zerg.late game things even out a tiny bit not by much though, with the addition of colo or storm. upgrades are for the ost part useless against zerg, i mean charge stalkers, lol, wtf is the point against an army of roachs and lings... roachs melt you and why charge a meele unit, blink is a little more useful only really against mutas(which ill agree could use a hp buff) and broodlords, other that that worthless. beyond the insane price of protoss units who arent supperior to any of the other races units even though they cost more, in the late game zerg can recover within 15secs and have 2ce as many roachs for the same price as it would cost for p to have half the stalks or even less stalks and 1 colo. so i ask how are these match ups fair... oh yeah i forgot ghosts vs slow moving templars lol, more range less cost and a move that absolutly destroys protoss...
Reply Quote
- The game is fair for you and me
- marines != zealots != lings
- your sentry is your best friend
- upgrades are always good, use them
- Toss has many valuable specialized units(ex: immortal, cost slightly less gas but a bit more minerals than a siege tank, but can take out several tanks on its own)
- Zerg has the best remax capability, you should know this and prepare for this. A nifty thing a terran player can do is set up a wall of PFs, so when the armies clash and zerg remaxes, the terran player can safely rebuild their army behind the PFs.
- and there are colossi and storms that absolutely destroys terran o_0
Edited by LightThorn on 4/23/2012 8:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
hmm. lets see.. marines=zealots=lings.kk. marines=50g 1 supply zealots 100g and 2 supply, marines can kite zealots without taking a hit. sentry forcefields only affect ground units and take good micro to master hence why i put things even out a lot at pro level, not to mention there only circumstationaly good. immortals cost a stalkers worth a min less than the siege tank...ok, so 125min and 50gas less? so tanks cost 325min and 175 gas? your drasticaly worng infact tanks are cheaper than immors, and have more range and will never be not backed up rines which counter my immors... as for colo, i have no problem with them except ofc the insanely high price the long time to build and the fact that unline thors they can be targetted by anti air so.. storms... any mediocre terran can split his army accordingly and can counter with ghosts.... ghosts move drasticaly faster than templars cost less, have snipe which can do damage to units lol unlike templars who cant auto atk and can emp shutting down the shields and enegery off all my units, all this before feedback or storm can even get in range... soo....
Edited by NovaPLX on 4/22/2012 11:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Even if there are balance issues in the game, it hardly matters since both players make so many mistakes that the mistakes greatly overshadow any issues with balance anyways.
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 11:30 PMPosted by MetalGear
You are 100% correct and i think the race is holding you back and is probably the reason your'e gold.

your sarcasm has shed a great light upon the issues brought up in this post. ty for taking the time to reply..

04/22/2012 11:25 PMPosted by NiteCore
Even if there are balance issues in the game, it hardly matters since both players make so many mistakes that the mistakes greatly overshadow any issues with balance anyways.

yes i agree, but at the level at which 95% of sc2 players are at the disadvantages that protoss has against the other races is unforgiving and makes the level of play and attentiveness to scouting a lot greater for protoss players.

my initial thoughts on helping balance the disadvantages would be to lower the cost on gateway units...and understand that most of my problem is early to early mid-game play. late game things tend to be a lot more even.
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 10:07 PMPosted by NovaPLX
I'm creating this forum post because im looking for answers on how tvp and zvp is fair what so ever.

its not.
protoss imba
Reply Quote
^^ Agreed.
Edited by DaveRoid on 4/23/2012 12:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
its not.protoss imba

How... explantions are what im looking for.

04/22/2012 11:43 PMPosted by MetalGear
I'm serious i'm telling you what you wanted to hear when you decided to write this

when i wrote this i wanted hear explantions of why im wrong or why im right. not "your right" or lol dude your an idiot, your in gold". one of the explantions given to me above on why all races are fairwas riddled with inacuracys. either way im not looking to hear that im right, if there are things that im not thinking about or w.e the case may be i want to hear them.
Reply Quote
If you are protoss, stop complaining before you can use Force Field properly
Reply Quote
04/22/2012 11:59 PMPosted by JJJJJJJJJJJJ
If you are protoss, stop complaining before you can use Force Field properly

yes bacause ff makes up for the immense amount of disadvantages.
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 12:28 AMPosted by NovaPLX
yes bacause ff makes up for the immense amount of disadvantages.

Have you SEEN a Protoss pro gamer play?

And there's not a huge amount of disadvantages. I would go through them point by point, but your OP is so awfully written that I'm not sure I actually understand everything you're trying to say.

If you're having trouble with Zerg, learn how to either Stargate open or fast third with sufficient Immortal/Sentry numbers. Either of those will help you immensely.
Edited by Jazzman on 4/23/2012 6:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 06:40 AMPosted by spilledmilk
I like the TvP matchup, I consider it fairly balanced, there are some timings that are kind of unfair to either race (early game T is strong on the backs of Marauders) but late game P is almost unbeatable (Stalker Collosus death ball is very hard to kill, and temp/archon/chargelot is also very hard to kill).

I agree 100% its just very hard getting into late game with a T whos appling a lot of ealry pressure with drops at multiple spots, etc.

04/23/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Jazzman

Pro gamers are like any other pro in anyother "sport", a profesional surfer could surf on a plank of wood, where as the average person could not. This is a weird analogy but same thing pretty much.

04/23/2012 06:07 AMPosted by Jazzman
If you're having trouble with Zerg, learn how to either Stargate open or fast third with sufficient Immortal/Sentry numbers. Either of those will help you immensely.

My problem isnt with counters or how the ability to ff micro properly, its the cost of units compared to the other races and the complete lack of an early game. Which makes recovering from a mid to late game push almost impossible.
Reply Quote
04/23/2012 11:03 AMPosted by NovaPLX
I like the TvP matchup, I consider it fairly balanced, there are some timings that are kind of unfair to either race (early game T is strong on the backs of Marauders) but late game P is almost unbeatable (Stalker Collosus death ball is very hard to kill, and temp/archon/chargelot is also very hard to kill).

I agree 100% its just very hard getting into late game with a T whos appling a lot of ealry pressure with drops at multiple spots, etc.

Pro gamers are like any other pro in anyother "sport", a profesional surfer could surf on a plank of wood, where as the average person could not. This is a weird analogy but same thing pretty much.

My problem isnt with counters or how the ability to ff micro properly, its the cost of units compared to the other races and the complete lack of an early game. Which makes recovering from a mid to late game push almost impossible.

Then play another race.
Reply Quote
do you open FFE every game vs zerg, do you get your same unit comp every game vs zerg? Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
try cheesing with proxy gates for like 5-10 games vs zerg in a row, learn when the potential for zerg to have units is, what his drone count looks like early on and just get a feel in general for how an early zerg base looks and functions. any zerg player worth crap will setup fast but there is a window where the whole base is weak and would only survive pressure on the backs of lings being made constantly during the attack. After those game try some new strats like maybe a quick third or proxy in his main or quick tech using the feel you got for zerg off the cheese games. If you meet the zerg on his terms 3 base vs 2 you will lose 95% of the time, that may be imba but its not gonna change any time soon so either learn how to get the zerg off his game plan or switch.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]