Will Blizzard ever make a SC movie?

I've wondered for years if blizzard would ever make a SC movie. I feel that in SC2 the storyline was more streamlined and easier to follow, which in turn made me want a SC movie even more.

What are your thoughts?
Do you want blizzard to make a SC movie?
Reply Quote
i think it would be cool, but no they won't. I would agree that sc2 storyline was easier to follow, it was very, very, simple. However its not like sc1's storyline was overly complicated and frankly if they made a movie out of sc2 I probably wouldn't bother going to see it.
Reply Quote
Somewhere on the interwebs, I read something by Blizzard along the lines of "if James Cameron or some other director came knocking on our front door saying 'lets make a Starcraft movie', we would be more than glad to". It's certainly a possibility.
Reply Quote
I'd watch. I love Sci-Fi, especially when it involves big guns and vicious diabolical aliens. Can anyone really say they didn't like Aliens (the movie)? If so, I will fight you.
Reply Quote
There has been a starcraft movie it's called Starship Troppers. Seriously watch it.
Also the idea if James Cameron came knocking then that is a one damn small window of possibility.
Reply Quote
I would love the see a SC movie - I just love the storyline!
Reply Quote
05/04/2012 08:26 AMPosted by Backpedaler
Can anyone really say they didn't like Aliens (the movie)? If so, I will fight you.

I didn't enjoy the movie "Aliens" , I felt that it lacked the suspense that made the first movie "Alien" really good. It was more of a sci fi action thriller than a Suspense Horror like the first one. So I guess it be on, son.
Edited by TheOrBMunK on 1/6/2013 3:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
I don't understand why they don't. Blizzard is easily a multi billion dollar corporation. This couldn't do anything but raise revenues.
Reply Quote
I want a fallout movie lol
Reply Quote
I would definitely love a movie of Starcraft II OMG I LOVE IT!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MVbeoSPqRs4
damn man so cool I want a movie!!!
Reply Quote
I would love a SC movie. I would prefer the live action Robotech movie over SC though. James Cameron is trash too. I would prefer they use a less egotistical douche to direct SC.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is already making a Warcraft movie.
Reply Quote
Yup, a WoW movie is already in progress. It is going to be directed by Sam Raimi and produced by Legendary Pictures. Last time I checked, about two years ago, the entire project was still on the story-board development phase. I dunno about now. But, from watching the HotS intro - I'd be as happy as a male cheerleader watching a Starcraft 2 movie!!!
Reply Quote
just keep uwe boll away from it lol
Reply Quote
If James Cameron directed it, Id be all over that like a Filipino hooker on a 20 dollar bill.
Reply Quote
If there was to be a movie about Starcraft, I think I would like it to be split up into three parts. One following the rise of the Terran Dominion, one following the birth of the Queen of Blades, and one following the fall of Aiur. On a side note, I think a Starcraft movie would be right up Michael Bay's alley, due to just about everything exploding.
Edited by Xenos on 6/20/2014 5:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Darklon
I would love a SC movie. I would prefer the live action Robotech movie over SC though. James Cameron is trash too. I would prefer they use a less egotistical douche to direct SC.

Yeah well don't get Michael Bay to direct it. All I got out of the 3 Transformers films was he had a knack for blowing everything up.
Reply Quote
I think blizzard should make a Starcraft movie. just think about it, they could start off with the starcraft 1 then starcraft 1 brood war then do starcraft 2 wings of liberty then do starcraft 2 heart of the swarm then do starcraft 2 legacy of the void!!!!!!

just think of how much money blizzard could rake in...
and it could bring a hole bunch of new fans to blizzard and they most likely would want to buy not just the game but the the movies too.....

i know its all up to blizzard to to that but maybe if we could get enough people talking about it it might happen

HEY YOU NEVER KNOW :) :) :) :)
Reply Quote
agreed
Reply Quote
06/26/2014 12:18 PMPosted by Anthony
I think blizzard should make a Starcraft movie. just think about it, they could start off with the starcraft 1 then starcraft 1 brood war then do starcraft 2 wings of liberty then do starcraft 2 heart of the swarm then do starcraft 2 legacy of the void!!!!!!

just think of how much money blizzard could rake in...
and it could bring a hole bunch of new fans to blizzard and they most likely would want to buy not just the game but the the movies too.....

i know its all up to blizzard to to that but maybe if we could get enough people talking about it it might happen

HEY YOU NEVER KNOW :) :) :) :)

Total BS. Blizzard already said many times that at least 90% of the SC players is about the multiplayer and don't even THINK about the campaign.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]