StarCraft® II

R.I.P. Terran - P is OP in TvP.

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/4838104108?page=1#18

They wont balance TvP because they dont know how.
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY
Reply Quote
All in.
Reply Quote
05/03/2012 07:15 PMPosted by UsedDiaper
All in.

Amen it is 3 rax every single game for me from now on.
Reply Quote
Thor rush here :)
Reply Quote
How would you ballence the MU (without completely breaking the game)
Reply Quote
Nerf Feedback
Reply Quote
TvP is easy, 4 rax with upgrades can be done on a single base. Once you start getting medivacs and/or tanks then you're going to want a second base. If you see HT's or colosi then make a couple tanks. If P blinks forward to kill tanks then stim forward then kill colossus, no vikings needed. If he doesn't target fire tanks, then well thats easy then... he dies.
Reply Quote
05/04/2012 04:47 PMPosted by xDRxPhobos
TvP is easy, 4 rax with upgrades can be done on a single base. Once you start getting medivacs and/or tanks then you're going to want a second base. If you see HT's or colosi then make a couple tanks. If P blinks forward to kill tanks then stim forward then kill colossus, no vikings needed. If he doesn't target fire tanks, then well thats easy then... he dies.

Yeah man... TvP easy. For those reasons exactly. I liked the part where you didn't make vikings... lol.
Reply Quote
if you want some solid advice please pay attention,

Dont jump on the QQ bandwagon,
IT has happened at all points in the game for every race. When a RTS game is new and hasn't been fully explored this is bound to happen. Balance will appear to shift, people will uncover new strats and it will shift again.
Wait till terran players begin to have super gosu ghost micro, or use ravens or WHO KNOWS..
I bet that in a few months the QQ will be flipped and people will be crying OMG QQ terran op.

The best thing that you can do, Is to realize that the minor problems in the game do not affect you. You loose becuase your build is terrible, and your macro is horrid. Not to mention i bet your micro is worse. You dont play Creator, or OZ or Squirtle, You play golds.

Do what i do, and just try and get better. You will start to win with just having more stuff. Then by the time your good enough to need balance changes. The meta game will have shifted again.

It happened to me with zerg, and i guarantee that it will happen to you with protoss.
L2P
Reply Quote

Or, you don't know how to read...

05/03/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Daxxarri
it’s worth pointing out that we didn’t originally comment on TvP because, overall, this match up remains balanced according to the games we are seeing, tournament results and ladder data.

If you do not play Terran right, and don't do ANY damage to Protoss or put ANY pressure on them going into lategame, Terran is at a disadvantage because they're relying on units designed for midgame, in lategame fighting vs Protoss units designed for lategame. The outcome would be obvious.
Reply Quote
if you want some solid advice please pay attention,

Dont jump on the QQ bandwagon,
IT has happened at all points in the game for every race. When a RTS game is new and hasn't been fully explored this is bound to happen. Balance will appear to shift, people will uncover new strats and it will shift again.
Wait till terran players begin to have super gosu ghost micro, or use ravens or WHO KNOWS..
I bet that in a few months the QQ will be flipped and people will be crying OMG QQ terran op.

The best thing that you can do, Is to realize that the minor problems in the game do not affect you. You loose becuase your build is terrible, and your macro is horrid. Not to mention i bet your micro is worse. You dont play Creator, or OZ or Squirtle, You play golds.

Do what i do, and just try and get better. You will start to win with just having more stuff. Then by the time your good enough to need balance changes. The meta game will have shifted again.

It happened to me with zerg, and i guarantee that it will happen to you with protoss.
L2P

Yea, but when terran is "OP" they get nerfed or the other races get buffed. I am willing to bet we aren't going to see anything like that here.
Reply Quote
Yes, Im gold, the league where this TvP problems start to get worse, and you are not a korean grandmaster but still your opinion also counts. If you dont recognize there is a protoss late game imbalance, even when blizzard themselves are making it official, then you are either biased or know less about the match up than I do.

I log in on weekends, play couple games, And all Im asking is to have some fair and fun late game battle with protoss without blizzard telling me to exploit timings, but hey, Im not he only one saying it, all terrans know this, and all Protoss.

Every player, be bronze or master, Be T P or Z, that loves this game should be mad and dissapointed at blizzard for this response to an obvious balance problem, this is no balance, is a designed timing bomb handicap. This is play terran if you want rush, play protoss if you want camp a move. Is lame and damaged the game as a whole, and if they screw Terran like this, they will screw Protoss, so every player should ask for equal races opportunities.
Reply Quote
So switch races, but I've got news for you. You're still going to be gold, and you're still going to lose to terran in PvT.

But I'm sure pissing, moaning, and whining like a child is going good for you.
Reply Quote
So switch races, but I've got news for you. You're still going to be gold, and you're still going to lose to terran in PvT.

But I'm sure pissing, moaning, and whining like a child is going good for you.

Im not talking about my skill, Im facing gold level protoss players, and plat terrans are facing plat level protoss, the ladder system is really good.

pissing, moaning, and whining like a child ? Say that to all the great Terran players, for example all the slayers and EgDemuslim, how can you say that as a terran player after reading blizzard response ? do you like to autolose by design to a protoss ? do you like your drops to do damage and give you advantage or to merely equal the balance a bit ?.

Good to you for reaching masters, but people in gold also have a valuable opinion about their enjoyment of the game, deal with it.
Reply Quote

Or, you don't know how to read...

05/03/2012 06:00 PMPosted by Daxxarri
it’s worth pointing out that we didn’t originally comment on TvP because, overall, this match up remains balanced according to the games we are seeing, tournament results and ladder data.

If you do not play Terran right, and don't do ANY damage to Protoss or put ANY pressure on them going into lategame, Terran is at a disadvantage because they're relying on units designed for midgame, in lategame fighting vs Protoss units designed for lategame. The outcome would be obvious.

If you think massing BC's or Thors is at all viable you should hear about this unit called the High Templar which has an ability called "Feedback".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]