StarCraft® II

Armory missing structure!

If you take a moment to look or even care, you'll notice that there is one empty space in the structure section in the armory. if you ask me, it would be perfect for either the Planetary Fortress or the Flamethrower Turret. I got a couple upgrades for each one in mind. Price... I'll leave it up to blizzard to think of that. (I'm doing so because I don't think I understand prices. 90,000 credits for +25 maurader health? that seems unusealy high....) The Planetary Fortress upgrades I'm pretty sure on. the Turret... not positive. Dont expect me to change my mind about the fortress, but I am fairly open to suggestions for the Turret.

Advanced Targetting Systems: (this one COULD use re-nameing....) this upgrades the Fortress' range to 8 and allows it to hit flyers.

Advanced Ibiks Cannons: cuts fire rate in half, and adds 5 damage. have you seen the size of that turret?! how can a human, clad in armor or not, (marine) survive a blast from that thing?!

If you buy both these upgrades, this will make every Planetary Fortress a true stronghold.
now for the Turret:

Corrosive Napalm: this increases damage by 5 and increases damage to light units by 10, and the Turrets attack ignores armor.

Advanced Burrowing Systems: Gives the Deep Burrow abilty. (for those of you who don't know what this does, the turret can't be seen by detection.)
Edited by TyberZann on 5/11/2012 1:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
There is also only two upgrades for the dominion side as well. Kinda sucks that there isn't any upgrades for the science vessel/Raven or the Predator/Hercules.
Reply Quote
Agreed. I was also thinking about those. but I was a little stumped on what upgrades to give them. except the Science Vessel. where one of its upgrades is like the medics stabilizer med packs
Reply Quote
Science vessel upgrades

Advanced Nanotech: Heals mech units faster.

EMP: Same effect as in the campaign but now on the Science vessel.

Raven
Triple Gatling Turret: Adds an extra barrel and doing an extra 50% DPS

Advanced Tracing Laser. Adds an extra 100 energy for the Point defense drone, blocking an additional 10 shots per drone.

Predator

Nanosteel frame. Adds 2 armor and 50 health.

Ring of Fire: Activated ability. When used, does 50 damage in a radius twice that of it's normal attack.

Hercules.

Medical Facilities: Any biological unit in the Hercules will be healed in the same manner as if a Medic were on board. Up to 2 units healed at a time.

Repair Shop. Any Mech unit loaded will be healed as if an SCV wre on board. The repair will fix only one mech unit at a time and is proportional to the SCV Repair upgrade.
Reply Quote
certainly sounds like a good list of upgrades. you also have good creativity!
Reply Quote
I figured it would help out the raven a little bit by giving them more supporting attack and defense. I never really could use the predator cuz of the fragility of it. It dies so fast and needs more armor and health for it to be considered "good". As for the Hercules, I could not think of anything dealing with the drop ship. Already drops and picks up units really fast, units do not die when dropped, massive armor and health....So I figured, with the size of it, it should have some type of onboard repair crew/medics on there to help out a little. The science vessel is already good as is so I just made it have an ability that was not in the campaign but in online matches.
Reply Quote
defiantly good reasons for making these upgrades for them.
Reply Quote
I'm completely let down by the Predator.

The greatest upgrade I've wanted for the Hercules was for Marines to be able to fire while loaded - like a flying bunker, ala an AC130 Hercules Flying Fortress. ...Now that'd be about as much fun as a double line-o-Seige Tanks!

I'm really surprised that the PF never had any kind of anti-air upgrade or even an integrated Psi Disruptor feature.
Reply Quote
I say they let us mod the campaign so we can put in our own ideas. I'd be fine with achievements being disabled if they let us have that control.
Reply Quote
05/12/2012 09:35 PMPosted by Xombie
I figured it would help out the raven a little bit by giving them more supporting attack and defense. I never really could use the predator cuz of the fragility of it. It dies so fast and needs more armor and health for it to be considered "good". As for the Hercules, I could not think of anything dealing with the drop ship. Already drops and picks up units really fast, units do not die when dropped, massive armor and health....So I figured, with the size of it, it should have some type of onboard repair crew/medics on there to help out a little. The science vessel is already good as is so I just made it have an ability that was not in the campaign but in online matches.

Just refer to the internal repair feature on the Hercules as the "Mule" since mules can do repair. The difference is the mule is never outside and doesn't degrade. However, I'd still make these M.A.S.H. and Mule abilities cost energy and/or resources.
Reply Quote
Now that I think about it, I'm surprised an in game unit wasn't a "Warbot". I'd rather have those Terminator-bots than the Predator.
Reply Quote
05/16/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Sheppard
Now that I think about it, I'm surprised an in game unit wasn't a "Warbot". I'd rather have those Terminator-bots than the Predator.

Much larger and more expensive machine. Plus it's ill suited for tackling many close quarters combatants.
Reply Quote
The A.R.E.S. Warbot could be an awesome Patrol unit, though. I know, Goliaths and Thors really have that role covered, but, I've tried [and failed] too many times to try and find a good, active [recurring] use for the Predator.

...I'd like to be able to carry a shload of 'em [Predators] in an AirCab/Hercules and carpet-bomb them on enemy troops ala Overlord/Baneling combos - If Predators exploded!

xD
Reply Quote
The A.R.E.S. Warbot could be an awesome Patrol unit, though. I know, Goliaths and Thors really have that role covered, but, I've tried [and failed] too many times to try and find a good, active [recurring] use for the Predator.

...I'd like to be able to carry a shload of 'em [Predators] in an AirCab/Hercules and carpet-bomb them on enemy troops ala Overlord/Baneling combos - If Predators exploded!

xD

The only new suicide unit I want is the Reaver/Scarab combo. But we were told in a very back-handed fashion by Blizzard not a f**king chance.
Reply Quote
I really like the OP's name.

Zann Consortium imba.
Reply Quote
Some Thoughts of names and explanations of Planetary Fortress Upgrades:
"Advanced Targeting System" could change into "Apollo-Class Targeting System".
"Wolfe Industries has created a new targeting system of the Ibiks cannon. It refits the support crane of the Cannon, enable it to hit air targets with very high accuracy. Also, the upgrade also contains a new microcomputer which enhanced the distance of the Ibiks Cannon."
"Advanced Ibiks Cannons" could change to "Cannon Refit".
"Bellerephon has a new version of the Ibiks Cannon - the Mosaq Cannon which cut the firing rate of the old Ibiks Cannon by half by using more powerful cool-down generators. It also enhanced the projectile of the Cannon by adding mini-Maelstorm Rounds, dealing more damage than its old version."
Edited by ChronVoid on 6/29/2012 5:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
For Science Vessel:
"Advanced Nanotech" could change to "Nighthawk Reactor"
"ATVX now provided a new nano-repair computer for refitting the old science vessel. Using faster and simpler tech, now nano-repair costs 3/4 of the original energy amount to repair a unit."
"EMP" is still "EMP"
For Raven:
"Triple Gatling Turret could change to "Aegis-class Firing System"

"Advanced Tracing Laser" could change to "Sentinel Reactor".
For Predator:
"Nanosteel frame" could change to "Titanium Plating"
"Ring of Fire" could change to "Thundercracker"
For Hercules:
"Medical Facilities" could change to "Enhanced healing Apparatus"
"Repair Shop" is still "Repair Shop"
Edited by ChronVoid on 6/29/2012 5:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I assume that when you say "cuts the firing rate of the Ibiks Cannon by half" you mean make it fire faster? Cutting it in half would make it fire slower.
Reply Quote
Yes, fire it faster
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]