The zerg's underlying balance issue

05/17/2012 10:10 AMPosted by TheInfestor
When's the last time you've even used zerglings in a league game? Get off of customs before you go around posting in the forums like you know everything.

Seriously? So you what you just hold onto 5000 minerals by 15 minutes because you refuse to make zerglings?
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 11:16 AMPosted by Rathelm
When's the last time you've even used zerglings in a league game? Get off of customs before you go around posting in the forums like you know everything.

Seriously? So you what you just hold onto 5000 minerals by 15 minutes because you refuse to make zerglings?

Wait, so the point of the game isn't resource acquisition? !@#$, no wonder I'm in bronze still. I thought I was just supposed to take more bases than my opponent and get more minerals and gas than them. Most opponents leave before I've gotten to their half of the map.

After all, that's what Jim Raynor taught me in the campaign mode.
Reply Quote
05/25/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Kite

Wait, so the point of the game isn't resource acquisition? !@#$, no wonder I'm in bronze still. I thought I was just supposed to take more bases than my opponent and get more minerals and gas than them. Most opponents leave before I've gotten to their half of the map.

After all, that's what Jim Raynor taught me in the campaign mode.

First to 20k min wins. I always win.
Reply Quote
Terran- Tree based tech, barracks, factory, starport, etc. Their tech branches out more than the other races, hence tree based.
Protoss- Pathway based tech, choose robo or stargate
Zerg- Tier based tech. hatch, lair, hive

Terran units are meant to be consistent. They're well balanced and perform a specific task, with some units being very flexible.

Protoss units are meant to be powerful, but slow to build up. They deal more damage than other units, but at a steep cost.

Zerg units are meant to be fast and disposable. Fast production but with weaker overall power. Zerg is meant to adapt to whatever the opponent is doing.

The reason I say this is that it's important to understand how the races are designed. Zerg is NOT meant to just build a deathball and a-move. Theyre meant to overwhelm your opponent with sheer numbers. As mentioned before, zerg units are made quickly but with lower cost and power. Zergs tier 3 units come out much later because theyre the finishing blow that zerg needs to win games.

Why does the design of the race need to cater to lower league players? If zerg could have 15 broodlords and lets say the 15 minute mark than there would be chaos in major tournaments! The Broodlords and Ultralisks are really good units, the best units zerg has to offer (maybe not the ultralisk but you get my point). Theres a reason it takes a long time to tech to them, THEYRE REALLY GOOD.
Reply Quote
05/17/2012 10:25 AMPosted by Artisian
I always thought zerg had the longest tech tree was because they can build 14 + of whatever they tech to at a time. So, while zerg takes forever longer to get their first ultralisk, they get 20 ultralisks ages before terran could get 20 thors.

except tosses only need like 3 colossi and can just spam out zealots to tank the immortals and be just as strong. Reason zerg can make so many t3 so fast is cause they're essentially useless unless u have that many. 1 broodlord won't make a dent in 100food army 1 colossi on the otherhand very well could
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]