Platinum League

Is there any tips or tricks to getting out of it, I was playing Diamonds even pulled a Master before i went on a super losing streak slump

Is Platinum Hard to get out of..or is it just me :(
Reply Quote
I've been stuck around high plat for several seasons.

Part of the problem I think is that the number of SC2 players is dwindling and the average skill level is increasing, so platinum today is nothing like it was multiple seasons ago. I guess if you look at it that way, as long as you aren't getting demoted, you're at least increasing in skill as fast as everyone else :)
Reply Quote
^^ I've been trying to look at it that way and failed. Got a 2nd account and went toss instead. And in that account I'm beating high platinum and low diamond players semi-regularly but still stuck in gold :(
Reply Quote
Plat to diamond is easy. So easy I've been in diamond 5 times, but I go back to plat just as easily. Tbh there's no difference between the leagues. I've hit my skill cap and yet I bounce back and forth between the leagues.
Reply Quote
I've been stuck around high plat for several seasons.

Part of the problem I think is that the number of SC2 players is dwindling and the average skill level is increasing, so platinum today is nothing like it was multiple seasons ago. I guess if you look at it that way, as long as you aren't getting demoted, you're at least increasing in skill as fast as everyone else :)

yeah, I took about 5 months break, came back, and HOLY !@#$ it got harder.
Reply Quote
Hey, what you could do are Audio Builds. I have been recently trying them out and they are great. It actually helps me learn the game faster and better while totally killing my opponent(s).
just google it or youtube it. they help, it is for all 3 races btw...
Reply Quote
I found at Plat I could literally make three straight Nexus's before any other buildings, then bulk cannons, some carriers and still win.

Anyway, I'd try going with earlier macro. Throw in a couple of ninja expo's as most Plat's I came across were v poor at scouting.
Reply Quote
Well I just got into diamond again. Will probably drop to plat by end of this week.
Reply Quote
Is there any tips or tricks to getting out of it, I was playing Diamonds even pulled a Master before i went on a super losing streak slump

Is Platinum Hard to get out of..or is it just me :(

Well what is your problem? There is no automatic fix to your play that will instantly promote you.
Reply Quote
well my friend. i've been in platinum too since beta (so fml)...

I think platinum is the frontier, the hardest line to surpass... and the reason is very simple.

the truth is that all the three lower leagues are fill with people that in reality don't know how to play sc properly in a concrete measurable way (like using queens, chrono or mules, or the dmg vs armor type advantages, etc). And when they do; they get to platinum... but knowing how to play will only get you so far, if you wanna go to diamond and above, you'll need to start playing better in abstract, intuitive, strategic and creative ways.

Bronze, silver and low-mid gold are all about learning the proper tools. high-gold and platinum are about learning how to stop smashing your own fingers :D, diamond and master is about just using the tools in the best way possible.

Diamond plays better than me mostly because they make better decisions than me (because i'm stupid). If my game sense were to improve, i'll probably hit diamond in no time. And i know this by fact, I've beaten dozens of diamond players before, but only when i'm super awake and at my best (and don't suicide my army or make probes instead of army at certain moments, etc).

So all we can do, is keep playing and get smarter.

cheers =)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]