StarCraft® II

when will they come out with a consle version

does any body know when or are they not going to? they should do a first person shooter.
Reply Quote
Blizzard is not in the console market. They make strictly, PC games.
Reply Quote
For what? I don't know what you are asking.

05/26/2012 10:58 AMPosted by zKrieg

I am pretty sure there fist game was a console game and they also did some console ports I think nothing of note.

No I was wrong they co-developed a SNES game Justice League task Force I guess it's one of the worst fighting games off all time but enough reading form the Wikipedia page.
Edited by popeman on 5/27/2012 12:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
For what? I don't know what you are asking.

I am pretty sure there fist game was a console game and they also did some console ports I think nothing of note.

No I was wrong they co-developed a SNES game Justice League task Force I guess it's one of the worst fighting games off all time but enough reading form the Wikipedia page.

all of those were over a decade ago though, and can't be seen as relevant. Thank god Blizzard is in the PC market. We need more devs devoted to the only platform that can push the industry foreward.
Reply Quote

all of those were over a decade ago though, and can't be seen as relevant. Thank god Blizzard is in the PC market. We need more devs devoted to the only platform that can push the industry foreward.

What is relevant then? 10 years 5 years 1 year? Saying they make games strictly for the PC is saying they did forever. And Journey pushed the bar forward a hell of a lot more then Diablo III did.
Reply Quote
05/26/2012 10:58 AMPosted by zKrieg

Starcraft 64...

Also this...
http://kotaku.com/5874835/yes-we-know-diablo-iii-is-under-development-for-consoles

and this...
http://kotaku.com/5915397/diablo-iii-on-ps3-these-germans-certainly-think-so?tag=diablo

So ya... Nobody stay's exclussive in one market if they can make money by moving to another just ask From Software moving one of the best Console Games to PC or Square Enix switching platforms. Really its all about the money.

Add to the fact Console Developers dont push gaming forward is laughable. You know its quite easy to just put more shaders and polygons in a game (hence all the HD remakes on the consoles) when you have lots of power backing it up. It's the companies developing gorgeous looking games on limited power that are pushing the industry forward by making these level of graphics more accessable to a wider masses which then translates into more revenue to make more games.

Beyond that explain to me how PC gaming moves the industry forward at all? I find PC gaming to be the most conservative of all the platforms due to the fact the rate of failure is so high. With the exception of the indi developers that can get exposure through Steam the tripple A titles are almost always tepid just with "mind blowing graphics" I'm sorry mind blowing graphics are not everything. Even SC2 and D3 barely innovated (in SC2's case why mess with a good thing though).
Edited by Moridin on 6/5/2012 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Also this...
http://kotaku.com/5874835/yes-we-know-diablo-iii-is-under-development-for-consoles

They're looking into it, not "for sure" developing it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]