StarCraft® II

STARCRAFT 2 LAGS BAD IN LATE GAME AND BATTLES

Gambler
HEre are my specs

I copy and pasted from can my pc run it..

CPU Speed
Recommended: Dual Core 2.4 GHz Processor
You Have: 3.2 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.20 GHz
PASS

RAM
Recommended: 2 GB
You Have: 3.1 GB
PASS

OS
Recommended: Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition (build 7600), 64-bit
PASS

Video Card
Recommended: 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better
You Have: GeForce GT 520
PASS

Features: Recommended attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Video RAM 512 MB 3.2 GB
Hardware T&L Yes Yes
Pixel Shader version 4.0 5.0
Vertex Shader version 4.0 5.0

Free Disk Space
Recommended: 12 GB available HD space
You Have: 90.6 GB

Gambler
Idd like to add my computer is a

Processor: intel R Pentium R CPU 3.2 GHz 3.19 Ghz

Installed memory RAM 3.00 GM

System type 64 bit
Reply Quote
Well, lower your graph to all minimum. (What it is probably right now). If it still lags (what it is probably right now), buy a new computer with much better spec.

Sc2 runs fine with 3.2Ghz processor, 2 Go ram, 512 Mo Graphic card, that's what I have. But, yes, in late game, 3v3, 4v4 most likely, it becomes unplayable. You get like 0-2 fps and you can hardly do some macro. You have about 0,5-2 sec delay with everything you do so you can't use any spell caster since timing is a really important thing. And that's it, when it comes to this moment, I just share units and hope my allies have good micro.

I almost never use Infestor, Templars, Ravens, ... in late game because I just can't cast any spell in time. (this makes me think to the new units coming in HoTS, the air spell caster protoss and zerg I won't use... and maybe some others)

That's what you are probably experiencing and Blizzard can't do anything about that because you play sc2 on a too bad computer. Even if you have better than the recommanded spec, when it comes to a huge number of units on the map moving, attacking, etc, you will lag even with the best computer you can find.
Edited by Fenix on 5/23/2012 8:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
no offence, but your graphics card is NOT meant for real gaming. Buy a much better card and get a SSD hard drive. Problem solved.
Reply Quote
Starcraft 2 ran fine for me for a long time, recently after a patch the game started lagging out of control. Despite the fact that I have video card processor and ram that more than meet the ultra specs and a cable internet speed I was getting 0fps in late game 3v3.

this thread helps http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/7253856062

But nothing was working for me till I ran across this very useful tip. My computer was set to power saver which reduces processor power when it's not being used. For some reason the new patch in Starcraft doesn't tell my processor that it needs to be used.

right clicking on desktop, personalize, screensaver, change power settings, open up the high performance plan, change plan settings, change advanced power settings, go to processor power management, increase the minimum value to 100%.

That fixed everything for me. One issue is your computer might start to run hot, so watch your temp and only use that setting while you're gaming, turn it off when you're not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]