StarCraft® II

I'll answer Questions

Hello everyone, as a somewhat experienced mapmaker, I think by now if there are any major questions, specifically about triggers, I should be able to answer them. So, anything you want to know about just leave a reply and if I can I'll try to answer your question.
Reply Quote
we already a thread for post; I answered about 95% question its close to 500 replay now
Reply Quote
I have a question. How can I make it so a specific action requires 2 events to be true? E.g.
I need the "a" key pressed and the "b" key pressed at the same time to trigger an action. How would this be done?

Or how would I make it so that when location A and B contain any unit, Door x opens?

I posted questions in the thread mentioned above, but it's so flooded that my questions were unanswered.
Reply Quote
I have a question. How can I make it so a specific action requires 2 events to be true? E.g.
I need the "a" key pressed and the "b" key pressed at the same time to trigger an action. How would this be done?

Or how would I make it so that when location A and B contain any unit, Door x opens?

I posted questions in the thread mentioned above, but it's so flooded that my questions were unanswered.

1: use a "AND" condition
2:same thing
event: time elapsed 60
conditon: if number of unit at region 1 =2 AND number of unit at region 2=2
action: debug text message :"im cool" type 1
Edited by Asura on 8/21/2010 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I'm not very familiar with conditions. How exactly do I tie the condition in with the event?

If my trigger looks like this, how can I change it?:

event: Unit - Any unit enters region 1
action: Unit - Create 1 banshee for player 1 at (Center of region 3)

How do I make it so there would be 2 required events such as these?:

event: Unit - Any unit enters region 1
event: Unit - Any unit enters region 2

I understand you use the AND condition, but I do not know how to use it properly. Thanks in advance.
Reply Quote
I'm just a begginner with Triggers I know the very basics and am trying to make a Mafia type game for the Blizzard map contest. How would I make it to a trigger picks one person at random in the beginning of the game as a Mafia Member which gives that person 1000 minerals per thirty seconds?

I'd also like to know how one would make it so when that player dies there is a victory. I kind of think I know how to do this but if you could just clarify that'd be pretty sweet.
Reply Quote
Well it depend on your map how you determine when both unit entered region; even after time elapsed or right or whatver lets do right away
event: every 1 second of game time
conditon:if the number of unit at region 1=1 and if the number of unit at region 2=1
action: bla bla bla
trigger-turn off trigger
Edited by Asura on 8/21/2010 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
I've been going at it for awhile now and i've been trying to find a way to change the angle of the units to where they will be upside down. How do you do this? plz help
Reply Quote

Well it depend on your map how you determine when both unit entered region; even after time elapsed or right or whatver lets do right away
event: every 1 second of game time
conditon:if the number of unit at region 1=1 and if the number of unit at region 2=1
action: bla bla bla
trigger-turn off trigger

I'm still kind of confused because it seems way too complex to do something so simple. I don't really understand why conditions can have and but not events. Events seem to have a lot more options, while conditions seem fairly limited. I was only able to get this to work by specifying a unit to check for. There is no "any unit option" where I looked. Do you use a comparison or within bounds condition?
Reply Quote
How can you control movement of a unit with arrow keys?

Reply Quote
Hi, I already made a thread with a question so i don't want to duplicate it... but here is the link to it if you want to have a look at it....

http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/540705469
Reply Quote
I have been working on giving the protoss the ability to nuke, and I have gotten as far as givin the unit the nuke, Givin the robotics facitlity the ability to make the nuke. The Unit know to look at the robotics facility for a nuke and say to do so in game. BUT the nuke is built and is ready the unit still thinks no nuke has been built.

any ideas.
Reply Quote
I have been working on giving the protoss the ability to nuke, and I have gotten as far as givin the unit the nuke, Givin the robotics facitlity the ability to make the nuke. The Unit know to look at the robotics facility for a nuke and say to do so in game. BUT the nuke is built and is ready the unit still thinks no nuke has been built.

any ideas.

your building probably does not have the arm magazine(nuke) ability or its incorrectly done
Reply Quote
It does have the ability and it trains the nuke so the facility has the nuke in it and the unit has the ability to launch it but it appears that there is a miss communication between the unit and the structure.
Reply Quote
I'm just a begginner with Triggers I know the very basics and am trying to make a Mafia type game for the Blizzard map contest. How would I make it to a trigger picks one person at random in the beginning of the game as a Mafia Member which gives that person 1000 minerals per thirty seconds?

I'd also like to know how one would make it so when that player dies there is a victory. I kind of think I know how to do this but if you could just clarify that'd be pretty sweet.
Reply Quote
question. simple 1v1 map. both players are on the same team so when i go into the game the game ends right away. how do i make a melee map? player properties perhaps?
Reply Quote
question. simple 1v1 map. both players are on the same team so when i go into the game the game ends right away. how do i make a melee map? player properties perhaps?

game variant-typegame-put 1v1 melee there
Reply Quote
Thank you!
Reply Quote
Do you know if its possible to change the mouse cursor graphic?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]