StarCraft® II

I'll answer Questions

ok
Edited by JudgeHat on 8/23/2010 3:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
How do you make an ability work on smart move? Such as blink?
Reply Quote
so im trying to make a unit and make it be placeable on the map. im following this tutorial: http://www.sc2mapster.com/api-docs/getting-started-with-galaxy-edit/creating-your/
but after i make the custom unit and click ok I cannot find this same unit on the actors list. what did i do wrong?

did you click duplicate? you duplicate and uncheck everything except the actor(because each dif unit need a different actor)
Reply Quote
What I would like to be able to do:

1. Set a region that gives 1 gas per 2 seconds to a player with a unit in it or control of the region
2. Set a victory condition where a player (or team) wins with 3000 gas
3. Create a scoreboard showing the gas and kills of each player

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Reply Quote
What I would like to be able to do:

1. Set a region that gives 1 gas per 2 seconds to a player with a unit in it or control of the region
2. Set a victory condition where a player (or team) wins with 3000 gas
3. Create a scoreboard showing the gas and kills of each player

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

1: event: every 2 second of game time
action: if the number of unit in region x owner by player1 =1 then
set variable= variable+1
if variable=3000 then
Game - End game in Victory for player1 (Show dialogs, Show score screen)
of course you would need one variable for each player or use an array to keep track of each player but also to show them on a leaderboard.
3: There is MANY tutorial out there about how to create a leader and too long to explain here
Reply Quote
How do I do these:

1.If the number of unit in region x owner by player1 =1 then
I can't find it under the new action window

2. if variable=3000 then

Edited by Purge on 8/23/2010 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i have lots :D

1 how could i make water non walkable to specific units (ground units)
2 how could i add an effect/behavior to a weapon that gives a % chance to stun upon inflicting damage to health? and it needs to be weapon, as i will have units with 1-4 weapons each, most without stun
3 how could i implement an ammo counter? i need to do this to many different types of units, none of which are unique
4 how could i add a behavior that reduces incoming damage by a percent?
5 how could i make a weapon's attacks have accuracy?
6 how could i create weapons that will damage anything that intercepts the projectile? like a marauder injuring an allied marine who is in front of it while firing.

i havent been able to figure these out, but im betting i need to use the data editor for all of them because although all units are classified as heroes and gain levels, they are all able to be produced from factories.
Reply Quote
How do I do these:

1.If the number of unit in region x owner by player1 =1 then
I can't find it under the new action window

2. if variable=3000 then

1: (Number of Living units in (Units in SpecialArena1 having alliance Ally with player (Triggering player) matching Excluded: Missile, Dead, Hidden, with at most Any Amount)) == 0

2: ? create a integer variable outside the trigger(where you see the trigger name)
Reply Quote
What I don't understand is how to code the If & Then statements in. Like I can set the variable = x, but how do i say

IF x = 3000?

thanks for your help
Reply Quote
What I don't understand is how to code the If & Then statements in. Like I can set the variable = x, but how do i say

IF x = 3000?

thanks for your help

In General, there is a trigger called if-then-else. That should set up the IF THEN structure for you. Make a new element in the If section, choose comparison, and you can put x on the left and 3000 on the right.
Reply Quote
I'm trying to make a top vs bottom 2v2 game and having trouble just creating the teams and such. right now i have 2v2 set in the game variants, yet when i go to play it just lets the host join (i have 4 starting locations) is there something special i have to do for 2v2s other than 1v1?
Reply Quote
I'm trying to make a top vs bottom 2v2 game and having trouble just creating the teams and such. right now i have 2v2 set in the game variants, yet when i go to play it just lets the host join (i have 4 starting locations) is there something special i have to do for 2v2s other than 1v1?

Go to Map->Player Properties. It sounds like you didn't add additional players for your map. Just change the control of additional players to User.
Reply Quote
well that certaintly helped. now i have 4 players, but for some god reason its 3vs1 on the teams and im pretty sure i have it set up in team basic 2v2 and the game variant as 2v2. thanks for the help :)
Reply Quote
I am trying to make a holding pen, however you can walk through the sides. I have placed no-path around it but I don't know how to make it so that units can pass through the door when it is opened, and not when it is closed. Plz help!
Reply Quote
it sure is, I have done it
Reply Quote
This could be a giveaway that I am new but I ran into the problem where when I test my map, the units go through water, over terrain and all that no matter how steep it is or what it is. How do I fix this?
Reply Quote
Go to layer, pathing, and do no pathing. You can then "paint" over the part you dont want units to move in.
Reply Quote
How do I lock a player to a starting location?

Player 1, Starting location 1
Player 2, Starting location 2
Player 3, Starting location 3

And so on
Reply Quote
How do I lock a player to a starting location?

Player 1, Starting location 1
Player 2, Starting location 2
Player 3, Starting location 3

And so on

map-player propriety-start location you need to create the start location from the point layer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]