I'll answer Questions

You cannot make babies in SC2 map editor because it requires the use of a 3rd party model generation software, which is extremely unsafe and can potentially get you banned for hacking.

What you CAN do is go to the data module, take a unit, scale it down, and increase the pitch of its voice. Maybe run a few attachments, play with some animations. It wont be a perfect baby, but it is the closest you can get.
Reply Quote
I have sniper capability for my marine but when I click the sniper round and hit a target, the marine just stands there though the spell has been casted.
I know I can change it to Marine Attack Launch and edit the model but that didn't work.

What do I do?

Find the actor responsible for the marine. Create a new event, or copy one and change its condition. For condition, put ability/snipe/SourceCastStart or something. For the event, put play animation "attack" or something. Fine-tune a few things, and you should be good to go. If play animation does not work, try play animation bracket, blizzard seems to use those alot more.
Reply Quote
Hi,

I am really hoping someone can help me. I need to have a specific unit or number of specific units walk into a region and those units need to die and create a new unit instead IE.. 3 marines into 1 zealot.

Please help!

Create a trigger:

Events:
    Periodic event, .5 sec.

Conditions:
    Unit (marine) count for region (insert region) is greater than or equal to 3

Actions:
    Kill unit
      Random Unit In unit group
        Units in region matching condition
          Marine units in (Insert Region) with conditions (conditions)

Kill unit

Kill unit

Create unit (Zealot) In center of region (insert region)
Reply Quote
08/31/2010 11:54 AMPosted by Chronicler
Is there a way to edit the sound files, I'm making a map (just for myself, it probably won't be good enough to really release) where I made giant marines. And the gauss rifle sounds ridiculous. I was wondering if I could change the sound to something like, the marauder firing sound, or the 250 mm cannon. I would Really like to do this, anything is appreciated

Go to the units tab and find the giant marine you have. Find the marine's weapon, Gauss Rifle, at the bottom of the list, right-click it and click "view selected weapon". this will bring you to the weapons tab and automatically highlight the weapon for you. Look down and find the sound file "Marine attack launch" or something, right click, and click "explain link". A little window will pop up telling you where to find the sound in the weapon's actor. Go to where it tells you in the weapon's actor. There should be a tab that tells you what sound will be made when the marine fires. Set that to whtever you want.
Reply Quote
08/31/2010 01:42 PMPosted by Turretopia
How do I screencapture in sc2 ?

Your keyboard should have a print sceen button. Push that.
Reply Quote
08/31/2010 02:41 PMPosted by Half
How do I upload my map ._.

In the map editor, go to File>Publish. You can publish your map from there. Read the onscreen instructions and be careful not to make any mistakes.
Reply Quote
06/29/2012 11:29 AMPosted by PROMETHEUS
How do I create Lifetime wins on a leaderboard. I already have the leaderboard and integers set up and it adds one but does it save automatically? If not how can I

Yea, that is the problem. For something like that, you need need a server because it remembers the scores for each and ever single person who plays the game. I am unsure, never tried it before.
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 03:24 PMPosted by DMS
Hello, less of a trigger question and more of a data question here. I want to put in custom music on my map and have successfully imported the music and have a trigger to play it. However for reasons beyond my understanding, the default game music overrides any scripted sounds and it's driving me nuts. Please help and thanks!

Find the default game music and delete the stuff in there, put yor music in there instead. You can find it in the data module's sound tab.
Edited by EugeneTwo on 7/5/2012 9:05 AM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 11:11 PMPosted by Antling
do you know how to attach units on other units or how to make a custom model?

Custom models require a third party software which, at the time, is illegal and can get you banned for hacking.

Attaching is easier. If you look at the models for each of the units, they have attachment points. You can attach stuff to those attachment points using triggers or actors.
Reply Quote
PHEW, i'm on a ROLL!!! Sure hope you got your answers!

Problem is, people do not visit this side o' the forums as often as they used to.
Reply Quote
This is gonna sound bad and i should of already figured a way to do this. is there a way u can make it where u can walk under and over bridges and how? or do i have to create a new bridge and customize the footprints and if thats the case how do i do that because the only site i have found to help me with that is in 2 different languagesand a little hard to translate lol
Reply Quote
How do you limit unit seleection to 12 just like in BW?

How do you make Mass recall ability act like vortex...suck all units in
as they are teleported back to mothership? Specifically what PART of mass recall ability do I need to modify? Tried this lot of times but keep failing :(
Reply Quote
Thanks for not answering my question...
Reply Quote
08/22/2010 08:48 AMPosted by Juice
It does have the ability and it trains the nuke so the facility has the nuke in it and the unit has the ability to launch it but it appears that there is a miss communication between the unit and the structure.

what u could do is go to data search probe under units and go to the command card and add a new button with the picture of the nuke than go to the abilitys on the probe and add a new value to it than search for odin nukeler strike when u do that go back to the command card and select the new button u have created than change the command type into ability comand, then go dow to ability list under and search the odin - nuclear strike (it will be at the top if u follow this in order) once u do that test it out.......... oh and if you dont have odin listed on there go to file- dependencies -add stander- and select liberty campaign then press ok u than will be able to fine odin nukes hope this helps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]