StarCraft® II

In Utter Darkness -- Difficulty Levels

What changes between Hard and Normal?
Reply Quote
You have to kill more units as the mission objective. On Brutal you have to kill 2500. I think on Normal it's only 1500.
Reply Quote
i believe the waves have less time in between, more strong units (like hybrids) than before, and better AI
you also need to kill more to "pass" the mission
Edited by FurryFury on 8/21/2010 10:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
Ah, faster waves/stronger units. Alright, cool. Thanks guys. Yeah, I knew the limit changed, but I'm doing the achievements anyway.
Reply Quote
Hard is 2000 kills, brutal is 2500. Also they start to pump overseers in earlier waves the higher the difficulty is ramped up, so the DT wall requires more focus to keep going. Good old save/load before waves helps.
Reply Quote
Also, I THINK (not sure) that the archives take longer to finish.
Reply Quote
If your going for the kill count achievement, You can do both on normal. There is no hard achievement other then the check off on completed hard.
Reply Quote
I don't remember anything about this... can someone explain?
Reply Quote
02/11/2014 04:35 PMPosted by HoneyBadger
I don't remember anything about this... can someone explain?

There is more or less no reason to play In Utter Darkness on Hard.

The three achievements can be earned on normal (which i find harder to do then harder difficulties) and playing on Brutal gets you hard achievement as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]