StarCraft® II

World War II: Death in Europe?

Anyone going to attempt to make any ww2 map at all?
Reply Quote
Negative, against the ToS. In fact the title itself already violates the ToS at least twice.
Reply Quote
I made a similar Warcraft 3 version but after I learned about the editing limitations, popularity system and the fact that Activision owns all my work I just gave up.
Reply Quote
I think they have a policy against Roman numerals, too. So that's three.
Reply Quote
The word "World" refrences something that actually exists in a neutral sense so it is against the ToS. The word "War" refrences something that involves death and therefore is much to graphic. "II" uses Roman numerals, so it is a possible lawsuit with rome if they let someone publish this. "World War II" was something that actually happened, so that has to go. The symbol ":" clearly is used in place of an obscene word, and thus violates the ToS. "Death" is much to graphic to be used, consider revising. "In" is clearly of obscene/graphic/sexual nature, and thus violates everything we hold dear. And "Europe" exists, so that has to go too. Also, multiple explicit words can be formed using the letters presented, so those letters have to go aswell.

All in all, I think I'll wait until I see how extreme Blizz is going to be with this until I publish anything. I don't think it will be too bad, but I gotta know.
Reply Quote
This map was the only reason my broodwar experience lasted 6 years rather than 2 and was hoping it would be made in sc2.... Best custom map ever

hmm just was on custom map settings, I spotted bunch of xxx wars, marine wars nexus wars, line wars, tower wars, etc, etc. I also spotted two vs world and sure there are others around.
Edited by Maximus on 8/24/2010 7:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yes please the WW2 Euro was my favorite custom map of all blizz games. I would do it myself but I'm lazy. Then again if I have to wait much longer I may crack and just do it.
Reply Quote
I am not lazy, I could do it, it would be actually easier since I now work a full-time programmer. But I just lost all interest with the current system :(
Reply Quote
bump for the greatest custom map!
Reply Quote
This was def one of my favorite maps of all. It sucked if someone lagged out though because in SC all of their stuff would just blow up and become worthless (in the new game it'd just go under mutual control and share resources). Might make it a little harder of course because resources relied on beacon control.

Really suck at making maps so I'd horribly fail at this one but if someone makes it advertise it on the forums, there's a lot of SC WW2 who wouldn't mind giving it another run.
Reply Quote
D.I.E is the only reason I played SC for soo long as well. I would love to get that map going again. I also wish we had chat rooms online, to bring all the old D.I.E players together like HY. Please someone make this map! Or Any WW2 map!
Reply Quote
Someone tried to make it. Like a week or so ago there was in its alpha stage it was barely even complete though. The units didnt have names you couldnt even get money. There was alot of problems
Reply Quote
i loved this map. i was disappointed wc3 could never make a true ww2 map. however, wc3 had a bunch of diplomacy maps that i loved in bw, especially rise of rome, which was one of my favorite custom maps of all time. a well made diplomacy/ww2 sc2 map would be epic. it is part of the reason why i bought sc2.
Reply Quote
Bump

Getmeacookie do you have the person's name who is making the map? So we can keep progress?

And anyone else making a Diplomacy or ww2 map?
Reply Quote
BUMP!

What a great custom map WW2 was for SC 1 and BW. I really hope somebody makes a new version...
Reply Quote
BUMP!!!

The Public wants this map!!
Reply Quote
Yes I am in the process of developing one with my team. Will take some time to make it right. And I did not make the map talked about above
Reply Quote
I added you to my friends list. If you need Beta I would so help....let me know.
Reply Quote
is there a point in making maps? how are you gonna get this map to page 1? can ppl even access it?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]