StarCraft® II

Cheese

It's a completely idiotic term. All "cheese" strategies are just that: strategies. Your goal in each game is to defeat the enemy, so every strategy is and should be valid. Discuss.
Reply Quote
Yep, you can thank HD and Husky for that. I remember way back in beta when they used to really harp on players banshee rushing and whatnot. Now everything is cheese.

"You made 30 probes to my seven and killed my 1 zealot with your 12, stop cheesing me bro!"

Reply Quote
If you want to rely on your opponent screwing up to win, all power to you.
Reply Quote
Agree.

I hated "cheese" strategies when I first began playing SC2 but have come to terms with the fact that every cheese strategy out there is simply part of the game. Furthermore, every cheese strategy can either be easily prevented or defended against if you scout it out. Not only that but if you do successfully defend a cheese, you're almost guaranteed a win because the other person will be so far behind in economy.
Reply Quote
6 pool
Reply Quote
6 pool
is the easiest of all cheese to defend against.
Reply Quote
Every game has cheese. They just have different words for it.

Cheesing doesn't get you any respect.
Reply Quote
6 pool

got into platinum and won 3/4 games with it seems fine so far
Edited by Aion on 8/22/2010 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
6 pool

That only proves that most people don't know how to defend. It doesn't mean it's not easy to defend against.
Reply Quote
6 pool

That only proves that most people don't know how to defend. It doesn't mean it's not easy to defend against.

yup, I completely agree with you there.
Reply Quote
Since I'm in the really low leagues, I've come to expect cheese all the time. Whenever I see zerg I figure they'll go for a 6pool. Last 2v2 game I played with a friend we went against 2 zergs, so I said, lets wall off immediately, about the time we walled off we saw the 12 zerglings approach the base and immediately turn around, lol. We ended up winning by containing them with air units.
Reply Quote
Cheese is OP'd ... especially Pepper Jack.
Reply Quote
Maybe this is what I'm doing wrong. I haven't tried a "cheese" strat yet, and instead play each game defending myself from everyone else in this damned league who cheeses.

I hate bronze league.
Reply Quote
Why people hate cheese isn't because it's "unfair". It's because cheesy games usually involve very little skill. You either scouted it and likely win, or you missed it and likely lose. It's like shooting dice to see who wins without every playing for more than three minutes. It ruins the excitement of the game without really giving you a better chance to win than non-cheese strategies (except at lower skill vs higher skill games where rolling the dice gives you a better chance than playing against someone you know has a better chance of winning).
Edited by Science on 8/22/2010 9:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]