StarCraft® II

Cheese

All of you people fail, especially when you use cheese. :)
Reply Quote
Cheese is OP'd ... especially Pepper Jack.

I like swiss cheese personally.
Reply Quote
I enjoy cannon rushing people who dont scout I feel like they almost deserve it for not scouting. Also terran's mmm is the cheesiest strat in the whole game. You build like 4 rax and a starport and press attack button and stim button zomg so efing hard to do. Cannon rushing actually takes more skill than mmm. Point, click attack, stim, gg, the cheese of all cheese. Omfg you had to tech to a starport, thats it, then click 2 buttons to have one of the most effective unit combos in game.
Reply Quote
I will admit when I see a "cheese" strat used, and it gets me, I get a little peeved. But, in all actuality, im not mad at the opponent, im mad at myself for allowing it to happen. I still say any strat that allows you to walk away with a win is a viable strat. If you cheese, and your opponent does not, and you win, and he quits..... you still win. When navy seals go behind enemy lines to eliminate a resource or production facility, far away from where the fight is... is that cheese? Hells no. Its tactics. It deprives the enemy of a specific asset. It forces them to counter and think ahead. So if you sneak reapers in my base and kill my probes, thats MY fault for not building a simple photon cannon to protect my income, or for not getting stalkers out as quick as I can.
Reply Quote
6 pool? never lost to 6 pool. just play a game, a terran player use "fly to gold" openning, and when I(toss) scout it out than I put down a forge to cannon rush him with my first zealot boost out. So he call me Cheese...Who is cheese?

Reply Quote
My only Cheese attempted (and worked) was the dumbest cheese Every, I can tell I'm a silver player, but it worked, please watch it and comment!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYQ7oCq_CbQ&feature=share&list=UUPFmYXKHwd8pQNsnK1Rr_Qg
Reply Quote
It's a completely idiotic term. All "cheese" strategies are just that: strategies. Your goal in each game is to defeat the enemy, so every strategy is and should be valid. Discuss.

Cheese is not an idiotic term, it's used to define an early all in that is done blindly against your opponent's opening. Just because it's called cheese does not make it an illegitimate strategy; the name simply refers to the kind of build.

If you equate cheese with being bad, then that's your own bias you have to work through.
Reply Quote
08/22/2010 08:24 PMPosted by Darkseid
I enjoy cannon rushing people who dont scout I feel like they almost deserve it for not scouting. Also terran's mmm is the cheesiest strat in the whole game. You build like 4 rax and a starport and press attack button and stim button zomg so efing hard to do. Cannon rushing actually takes more skill than mmm. Point, click attack, stim, gg, the cheese of all cheese. Omfg you had to tech to a starport, thats it, then click 2 buttons to have one of the most effective unit combos in game.

1) If you're losing to an a-move MMM ball, then you are terrible. Anytime anyone loses to an a-move army, it's not the strategies fault, it's yours for playing poorly. Also, it's not cheese, not even close.

2) Cannon rushing is the easiest cheese to pull off in the game. It truly takes no skill as all you have to do is place the buildings down. They build themselves and will attack automatically once finished. In the mean time, the probe can just run around while the buildings warp in.
Reply Quote
I love the term cheese, cheese is delicious. I love cheese strategies as well, not exclusively but nonetheless i love them. They are what make a game quick and exciting instead of long and sometimes boring.
Reply Quote
Cheese is part of the game just like a trick play in football (fake punt, QB sneak, tripple option, etc)
Reply Quote
This thread offends me. I'm lactose intolerant and therefore cannot eat cheese. You all suck :(
Reply Quote
10/01/2012 09:38 AMPosted by ShaDoGI

1) If you're losing to an a-move MMM ball, then you are terrible. Anytime anyone loses to an a-move army, it's not the strategies fault, it's yours for playing poorly. Also, it's not cheese, not even close.

2) Cannon rushing is the easiest cheese to pull off in the game. It truly takes no skill as all you have to do is place the buildings down. They build themselves and will attack automatically once finished. In the mean time, the probe can just run around while the buildings warp in.

well to be fair, for certain maps it requires knowledge of the exact spots behind the mineral line where you can pylon wall yourself in, and place cannons with complete impunity, and then knowing when to cancel which building in order to not lock your probe in. also little things like timing your cannons so that they complete at the same time that the hatchery does(or quickly cancelling them if HE cancels).
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 02:05 PMPosted by Voir

well to be fair, for certain maps it requires knowledge of the exact spots behind the mineral line where you can pylon wall yourself in, and place cannons with complete impunity, and then knowing when to cancel which building in order to not lock your probe in. also little things like timing your cannons so that they complete at the same time that the hatchery does(or quickly cancelling them if HE cancels).

These things don't require skill. They require a 10 minute Google search. There is a significant difference between the two.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]