StarCraft® II

Unintended Consequences: The story of a Zerg

Once upon a time there was a happy little zergling. This little zergling liked to play with his neighbor, the marine. The marine was strong. At first the zergling cried, but he soon realized that wasn't solving anything. The poor little zergling had to be especially cunning to beat the marine at wrestling, but that didn't stop him from trying.

Eventually, the little zergling could put up quite the fight with tactics and guile. For a time all was good, the zergling and the marine could have fun and play together! Marine would often brag about his strength, and the zergling didn't mind so much, as long as they had fun together. Until one day the zergling mutated! He became as strong as the marine! The zergling didn't think much of it at first, but he soon realized he could beat the marine every time. With his tactics and new found strength, there was nothing the marine could do to stop him.

The first time the marine was beaten he cried, "That is not fair, you have become stronger than I!"

The zergling replied, "No, we are merely equal, but I have improved my strategy by facing you when I was weak."

Marine was used to beating zergling with brute force. He wanted to beat zergling with brute force. He couldn't beat zergling with brute force. The marine soon became discouraged and stopped talking to the zergling. Marine would go play with zealot instead of zergling. The poor little zergling was again alone.

And the zergling lived miserably ever after.

edit: typo
Edited by Thorn on 8/21/2010 6:56 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Nice.
And this is exactly what we zerglings hope to happen.
Reply Quote
I reather enjoyed reading that:) good work
Reply Quote
I really don't think people understand how badly the terrans are going to freak out if Zerg actually gets balanced with Terran.

They are going to claim that zerg is overpowered.

They are going to complain nonstop.

Right not terran claim the game is balanced due to win ratios and zerg players in the top few.

When zerg gets balanced, the terrans will say "Zerg is unbeatable"

We will be able to claim that it is balanced because of win ratios and such but they aren't going to look back and see they made the same arguments as to how zerg wasn't UP/ terran wasn OP.

The situation is a timebomb, and Blizzard is biding their time trying to make the right decision.
Edited by Thorn on 8/21/2010 7:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
"They are going to complain nonstop."

THAT WOULD BE HORRIBLE! It'd be like, one race @%%%%ing constantly could trash these entire forums.

By the way -- where should I go to learn some zerg strategy?
Reply Quote
Brought a smile to my face. 10/10, would read again.
Reply Quote
I really don't think people understand how badly the terrans are going to freak out if Zerg actually gets balanced with Terran.

Right not terran claim the game is balanced due to win ratios and zerg players in the top few.

When zerg gets balanced, the terrans will say "Zerg is unbeatable"

We will be able to claim that it is balanced because of win ratios and such but they aren't going to look back and see they made the same arguments as to how zerg wasn't UP/ terran wasn OP.

The situation is a timebomb, and Blizzard is biding their time trying to make the right decision.

Which is a serious problem.
The "greater skill" zerg are developing (and while I agree we are, are we actually?) If we gain this greater skill, the terrans are going to yell we are op and blizzard will nerf us again... Bad cycle.
I think and hope the ladder system will push the balance up
Reply Quote

And at that point I will go and lose 5 placement matches in 1v1 get to the bottom of the bronze league and then come on here to tell them to L2P....then proceed to tell them my imaginary counters that would never actually work.

.....payback will be sweet.
Reply Quote
if you play multi base with toss and have 6 or 8 starports you voids faster then any zerg makers troops and it's cheeper for the power. the voidrays are way over powered. espasialy in big fights
Reply Quote
Huh, so is this when Zerg players learn their race plays completely differently than all the others?

I see so many Zerg players try to bruteforce their enemies, just to get stomped and complain about it.

"Why didn't my headlong rush into that Terran turtle work?!"

For every good Zerg player, there are at least 2 that think they're better than they are and complain about their loss in terms of imbalances. Tactical errors and terrible judgment calls get turned into excuses. There are some legitimate points to bring up, but mostly I hear far more QQ than actual discussion.
Reply Quote
10/10

you have brightened my morning. Thank you. :)
Reply Quote
08/21/2010 09:29 AMPosted by Beep
For every good Zerg player, there are at least 2 that think they're better than they are and complain about their loss in terms of imbalances. Tactical errors and terrible judgment calls get turned into excuses. There are some legitimate points to bring up, but mostly I hear far more QQ than actual discussion.

This. This page is for fan fiction, not elaborated QQ threads because you lost in ladder this morning.
Reply Quote
Aw....I love Zerglings!
1+!
Edited by Vultureling on 5/11/2011 7:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
That was pretty good. Stupid marine.
Reply Quote
I lol'ed. +1 good analogy.
Reply Quote
Good analogy im a terran player though i haven't done any playing online and i think that each race has a diff way to play and you cant play each one the same i learned that back in the first one
Reply Quote
Then the zergling met the stalker...
DADADA

(TO BE CONTINUED???)
Reply Quote
Then the zergling met the stalker...
DADADA

(TO BE CONTINUED???)

lol no he was playing with the zealot before he edited it

08/21/2010 06:55 AMPosted by Thorn
And the zergling lived miserably ever after.

and then he played with the OMEGALISK!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]