StarCraft® II

highest kill count in utter darkness?

Normal... alot, especially if you flood every inch of your base with cannons after minerals are depleted.
Hard... still alot, but needs a bit of thinking.
Brutal... I'll let you know.
Casual... I fell asleep at the keyboard and still held out for another 1k.

No cheats, I got limited time to play and rather working on brutal counts than play godmode.
Reply Quote
once I got 2248 on normal when going for achivement and had nothing but probes left who died too fast to even take down a zerg,that pissed me off a ton

then I got like 2800 when instead of pulling back to the main base I pulled my troops up to one of the ledges from the middle choke point (I massed void rays and carriers and only ground units were leftover dark templars from when I blocked off the 3 choke points till they started sending detectors and free the units from when heros appear)
I think I was on hard

anyways its very important that you replace the lost fighters from your carriers,they are invaluable

I massed up a bunch of cannons for my main base incase a swarm headed over there,one choke point is far easier than 2 though thats why I pulled up to the ledge
Reply Quote
3.6k kills on Brutal using dark templars and void rays.

Would have gotten more if the Hybrids didn't quadruple in quantity in such a short time.
Reply Quote
I didn't get too far. 2,150 or so on normal. :\
Reply Quote
The total number of kills you can get is ultimately limited by resources. Number of kills varies by difficulty level. I think I've managed about 2.5-2.7k on normal, don't remember for hard.

I've actually got half a mind to go back and replay on casual just to see how long I can hold out. But I think that'll take all day...
Reply Quote
The gold expansion is a trap, I don't ever go for it...
But, my highest kill count was on normal at 2499, just 251 kills shy of getting the Blaze of Glory achivement. ._.

Anywho, I did a DT wall and Snipe any overseeres that come up until about when the archive finishes, then I pull back up to the ramps. I made void rays and carries as well when they came in and I aslo did a second DT wall on the upper levels (with little success) while trying to get void rays hidden under the mothership... Snipe overseeres as they come and fully charge blast everything to death... Works untill the mothership dies and I loose the cloak, then my void rays get slaughtered.

It's not a trap. I but a nexus there and assimilators then left six collosus units on the bridge to draw aggressors toward the main force in the library[?] area. It really is all about controlling the battlespace and your opposition's actions.
Reply Quote
no u didnt. dont bs. ur silver who beat campaign in casual. just !@#$
Reply Quote
How did you guys get over 3000 on brutal?

I only beat the mission by the skin of my teeth (all that I had left was selendis by the time I got to 2250) and I was maxed out for a good 5 minutes on colossus.
Reply Quote
Almost 3600 on brutal. Past around 3300 kills is what triggers the endless, endless, ENDLESS stream of zerg and hybrids, resulting in a very quick death for you!

And taking the gold base at the very start of the mission is essential for going that high.
Edited by Lunchador on 3/26/2013 10:11 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Mass Colossus, I got around 3500 or so for the brutal achievement. I didn't build one other unit except colossus and cannons. You don't even need to take the gold, I didn't even try. It's all about using pheonix to lift some of the hybrids and the col, will do the rest with ease. You should get the achievement and be overwhelmed. Maaybe the Gold base will allow you to stay alive longer.
Reply Quote
Was actually gonna ask for help on this. I did terrible being that I am a TERRIBLE toss player but....Artanis never showed. 1426 kills after 30:10, artanis never showed, gold minerals were mined, and blue were all mostly empty...I prob made a mistake by making lots of zealots n stalkers but I started getting swarmed in multiple lanes n if i waited for colossi n immortals n DTs to finish my base would be long dead....

Don't suppose anyone can help? (BTW This was on hard)

EDIT - Actually dunno if this is required, but it wanted me to build the buildings first to start making colossi/dt n such, telling me I didnt have shrine n such :/

And I totally forgot to make DTs once I made shrine (yes I used warp gates not gateways) cause id see swarms, panic, and think 'WALL OF ZEALOTS AND SOME STALKERS FOR SUPPORT YES GOOD'
Edited by EonofAeon on 4/3/2013 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
3674 kills on hard, best way to do it is to forget about the gold because it really is a trap and a waste of time unless you're on easy. Right from the start build an additional 3 gateways and build a dark shrine. In the meantime start building your way to getting all upgrades for both ground and air forces. Also, don't forget to have production on seperate tabs. To get the best out of this mission have your air forces on one tab and ground on another.

Anyway, once the dark shrine is finished and you have your 5 gateways switched to warpgates place your dt's along the path and have them on hold position. You can place them however you like but I placed them in a direction where they didn't move and nothing could get by them because the enemies couldn't see them, if you have good macro you should have already started to mass cannons because you're going to have a lot of extra minerals by the time you'll need to use them and believe me even on brutal cannons are very useful for this mission. Have them placed in mass on both sides of each bridge and have them placed on the high ground in between the bridges.

By then the phoenix's should have warped in, build an additonal 4-6 stargates and don't forget about the upgrades. If you're still trying to warp in dt's but no gas warp in zealots instead still very useful. build a handful more of phoenix' for when the hybrids come and the broodlords, they are your best counter against both of those unit types. When the Void Rays warp in start mass producing void rays, and leave some minerals to warp in dt's until the zerg bring in oversears with every round.

You should reach 200/200 before the carriers arrive, which is good. By then you should be focusing on your minimap to counter the attacks seperately with both your air and ground forces. Both can handle 1 bridge at a time, while the battle wages on start massing cannons on the high ground around your structures for when Amon decides to send in Nydus worms, When Artainis arrives you should have a full fledged fleet of Void Rays, Phoenix's, carriers and The Mother ship. You will lose a lot of cannons by then but if you can construct while in the heat of battle you shall do fine, but if the numbers of enemies are getting too much to handle pull your ground forces to the high ground near your structures, the archives should have been saved already so no worries. Use the fleet and cannons and the ground forces to keep the two ramps into your structures safe, (an important note that I have missed, have your phoenix's one their own tab and use the graviton beam on hybrids while void rays focus on them. Very easy if you do it right) Eventually your army will grow smaller and smaller due to the lack of minerals by the time you've reached that stage.

This is just how I finished the mission and achieved that many kills, it worked for me but if you have a different method by all means you're welcome to do whatever you please but if your macro/micro is good and you try this method I guarantee you'll reach 3000 kills easy
Edited by JimRaynor on 4/17/2013 5:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
3.4-3.5k on brutal, after that you just get steamrolled with hordes of hybrids, they stop sending in zerglings, so your kills counter just barely moves in any case.
Reply Quote
I got 8455 kills on brutal, was going for 9k but i went afk for 10 mins.

Nice lie.
Reply Quote
2768 kills on Brutal if I remember correctly.
Edited by LoseForce on 4/19/2013 5:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i got 2798 kills on this misson on normal (cause I suck)
Edited by Doomrpg on 4/27/2013 9:59 AM PDT
Reply Quote
04/18/2013 11:08 AMPosted by Akula
I got 8455 kills on brutal, was going for 9k but i went afk for 10 mins.

Nice lie.

guys, he's obviously telling the truth. I myself got like 20k kills and if you got less ur noob.

/sarcasm
Reply Quote
Too bad you didn't hold on for 25k, after that The Fallen One comes, and I actually killed him.
Reply Quote
Too bad you didn't hold on for 25k, after that The Fallen One comes, and I actually killed him.
You almost tempt me to go in on brutal with power overwhelming on and testing this.

When I did it on brutal I just decided to drop the archives and tried doing the gateway/forge wall at the second set of ramps, which failed, but my mass colossi carried me through to the second nydus set, when I started phasing them out for carriers.

Around 3200 kills I had to go look at something (my ground units were dead and my remaining 7 carriers, a few void rays, and urun (maybe a couple other phoenixes), were pulled back out of range of ground units), when I came back it was at the end of the cut-scene and I had gotten another 110 kills more.
Reply Quote
You almost tempt me to go in on brutal with power overwhelming on and testing this.

When I did it on brutal I just decided to drop the archives and tried doing the gateway/forge wall at the second set of ramps, which failed, but my mass colossi carried me through to the second nydus set, when I started phasing them out for carriers.

Around 3200 kills I had to go look at something (my ground units were dead and my remaining 7 carriers, a few void rays, and urun (maybe a couple other phoenixes), were pulled back out of range of ground units), when I came back it was at the end of the cut-scene and I had gotten another 110 kills more.

Lol, 3400ish on brutal with protected archive. Save Haven was harder, way harder than this.
Also, i doubt you can get more than 4k kills legit way, just because there will be spawned waves of muta-corruptor-hydra-destroyer-overseer every 10 seconds from all the 3 sides.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]