StarCraft® II

HotS campaign

It's cool I reported your posts. Now most of that information is only if Blizzard decides to stick with leaked ending. Considering the time it has taken them on HotS and we still don't have Beta release they might change it. Again they might not, you can just look at Diablo 3 if you want an example of how Blizzard doesn't care.

We have to remember that Blizzard actually retconned the Diablo story to make it the WarCraft story. It is very possible that Blizzard won't change the leaked ending and most of those spoilers posted by Nukester will hold true.
Reply Quote
It's cool I reported your posts. Now most of that information is only if Blizzard decides to stick with leaked ending. Considering the time it has taken them on HotS and we still don't have Beta release they might change it. Again they might not, you can just look at Diablo 3 if you want an example of how Blizzard doesn't care.

We have to remember that Blizzard actually retconned the Diablo story to make it the WarCraft story. It is very possible that Blizzard won't change the leaked ending and most of those spoilers posted by Nukester will hold true.

Yea, because we know how intelligent nukester is... -_-
Reply Quote
I happen to know much about HOTS, almost the entire story.
I will not say from where though.

Now why would you report me? It's not like blizzard cares as you said.

Reported for spamming. I suggest you delete those posts. On your point, no Blizzard doesn't care.

EDIT: Why would you say that you won't tell us where you got the information? Any nerd with the internet can find some of that information. Some of it just won't happen.

07/22/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Nukester
I had a hard time completely understanding your post. Consider the edit button.

You don't understand what about it? I'm going to assume you are lacking the IQ of the average person.

In short: A lot of that information has already been leaked, some of the information you supplied is just plain wrong. HotS is taking a lot longer than it should so it is POSSIBLE that Blizzard is changing it considering it was leaked.

Before we get ahead of ourselves we have to remember that Blizzard CHANGED the Diablo story they had to make it a copy of the WarCraft story. There remains the possibly that Blizzard doesn't care and will release the game with the leaked information.
Edited by Azire on 7/23/2012 5:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
06/01/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Romeo
Timed "kill everyone" missions for the Zerg. As opposed to timed "hold out" missions for Terrans.

kinda like that one in brood war were you have like 5 minutes
in were the enemy cant build anything, and it was your cance to do free damage,
was it zerg mission 4?
anyway love the idea
Reply Quote
07/25/2012 09:58 AMPosted by NinjaNoob
Timed "kill everyone" missions for the Zerg. As opposed to timed "hold out" missions for Terrans.

kinda like that one in brood war were you have like 5 minutes
in were the enemy cant build anything, and it was your cance to do free damage,
was it zerg mission 4?
anyway love the idea

Like they didn't know that you were there and you have the ability to decide where to land drop pods. You choose your main and maybe an expo. And drop 4 pods full of units at key locations.
When your hatch finishes then the terrans realize whats happening and theyll begin responding. Hatch is automatically begun by a drone, if you cancel it you die, kind of like how in the beggining of a terran mission the buildings would fly into the map. Sounds kool
Reply Quote
It would be awesome, but I don't really understand how it would play out. The main 3 races are terran, zerg and protoss. They can't extactly make an entirely new race for one mission, so the new species would either have the bare essenstials for a race with strong stats or would be a mere side mission in the larger scope of the mission, or would force you to kill a group of protoss/zerg/terran to get to them.

For example, another brood has infested a creature with desirable features, and to obtain the genetic codes you have to rip it out of their hatchery. Another example for obtaining them through infestation would be, while fending off a group of protoss you are attempting to strike down the nearby wild life to get to a giant "boss" version of that creature.

Right my point was infesting some sort of wildlife. Have an pass possibly that you need to get through but is heavily defended by units like Colossus. Find out that some of the local wildlife has potential in the Swarm and infest those creatures to become Vipers. This would obviously be required because the Vipers can pull the defensive units.

We have to remember that most Zerg strains were originally other species that were infested. Some species may have been created after by either the Overmind or Kerrigan but most had to be infested. For example the Mutalisk is described as being a very docile species until they were assimilated. Strains that were created and not infested might be Overlords or Queens.

We also have to remember that the Zerg originally looked like Larva. Cerebrates were created by the Overmind and were just giant Larva. Most of the different strains we have today such as Zerglings, Hydralisk, Mutalisk, Ultralisk were all infested and transformed into what we see today. This is why Larva can turn into any Zerg strain, they are the closest we have the original Zerg and any strain known to the Swarm has their modified DNA stored. Larva have all Zerg DNA within them.

As this is the story of the Zerg I think it would be cool to actually infest one of these species. Considering we have new units being introduced this gives us the opportunity to actually assimilate this species ourselves.

I think they will have a version of that. I hope we will be allowed to MAKE those new units. But we will definitly be able to gain attribute through infestation. Ive seen videos of yetis and giant boss monsters. So we could of similair missions
Reply Quote
i hope they have tutorial like the WOL campaign, so ppl can get acquainted with the swarm.I'm just sorry it's only 20 misssions instead of 30+ , i hope they make great change to all difficulty levels
Reply Quote
since zerg is about infestation and evolving it would be nice if you infest as well as kill the civilians when u attack a terran city/planet. Another nice feature would be that whenever you build a zerg unit it has a chance of coming out as a slightly stronger strain (i.e. u build a zergling and it comes out as a slightly larger, stronger, unit that might have slight different features).
Reply Quote
They do have infested zealots, although the unit was not created by blizzard, if your interested in seeing it, play cortex rp harrowing arctic.
Reply Quote
Putting Nukester's presence aside, I hope they make the mission tactics more diversified. Not just using the unit you get each mission for each mission but combining them with a whole bunch of other unit types. That's a mission I'm wanting. Make it like an RTS form of puzzle :D.
Edited by UltraNoob on 7/31/2012 10:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
I think some timed missions work with the story and are okay, but no more than 2!

I want to see more heroes from the zerg, they've always been the race with the least of a face (outside of Kerrigan) and I'd like to see that changed. Even if lore-wise they don't really think solely on their own and such they should still have some uniquely formed units that the overmind thought up and made years ago.
Reply Quote
I should not tell you this, but you would love to know.

Alexei Stucov is coming back, OPS spoiler.
Nurad is Duran, OPS another spoiler.
Clones of kerrigan, OPS I did it again.
Mengsk will die, OPS, somethings wrong with my mouth.
There are many Protoss involved.....Zeratul.................
*face palm* I'm sorry, my mouth keeps running.
I'm in big troubble.

Bro, there are so many things wrong with this I think you should know.
Alexi Stukov died in BW, so there isn't much of a chance he's coming back, unless the game goes all spiritual. (possibility, considering Tassadar)
Narud is Duran is already confirmed. No spoiler there.
We can SEE Kerrigan has abilities, one of which is Psionic Duplication.

Mengsk is not dying. If he dies in this expansion, there won't be any point in having Terran or Zerg in the game anymore, because there won't be a leader for the poor Terran so they will die off, and the Zerg won't have anything to do anymore because Kerrigan did what she wanted to, so has no purpose aside from reuniting with Jim Raynor and reproducing.

Duh, Zeratul is involved. I honestly doubt he's going to die in the end of LotV. He is everyones favorite Dark Templar, so if Blizz kills him, there will be an uprising, kind of like if Jimmy dies.
You're not in trouble, you're just bugging people. No hard feelings, but be smart sometimes.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]