StarCraft® II

StarCraft II - Patch 1.5 Mac OS X 10.5 No Longer Supported

Thats messed up i just bought this game and blizzard is just like thanks for money suck for you what the hell? I need a refund then. If blizzard was planning to stop running on 10.5 then a little heads up when I'm purchasing the game would be nice but of course you guys wouldn't do that because you know that would prevent people from buying it to begin with.
Reply Quote
I can't believe I am no longer to play a game that I payed 50$ for OFFLINE. How !@#$ing stupid is your company? Rendering all of our computers useless just because we haven't updated when we were fine before?!? You have got to be kidding me. I don't have an extra 20$ to waste on a system update that I don't even want because it screws up all my files.

Blizzard you have screwed up really bad. You owe us something.
Reply Quote
I can't believe I am no longer to play a game that I payed 50$ for OFFLINE. How !@#$ing stupid is your company? Rendering all of our computers useless just because we haven't updated when we were fine before?!? You have got to be kidding me. I don't have an extra 20$ to waste on a system update that I don't even want because it screws up all my files.

Blizzard you have screwed up really bad. You owe us something.

They don't care about their customers. So we are out of luck.
Reply Quote
Petition to revert the patch:

https://www.change.org/petitions/blizzard-entertainment-revert-starcraft-ii-patch-1-5-2
Edited by PigDude on 8/1/2012 8:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
yes the law is on your side for refunds 100% false advertizing from BLIZ.

system requirements are on packaging and changing them after the fact is a NO NO.
Reply Quote
Even if SC2 never works on 10.5 again, at least make it easier to see. A post/sticky in general discussion when 10.6 becomes unsupported would be very helpful. I thought that the Mac technical support forum was for people who had problems. I am not a computer geek and can't help fix problems, and since I never had problems, I never visited the forum. And therefore never learned about the change.
Reply Quote
Refund or revert back PLEASE (see I'm asking nicely).

If this is your policy, to update games so they are unplayable for those who bought the game, you need to inform us CLEARLY that that is indeed your policy
Reply Quote
yes the law is on your side for refunds 100% false advertizing from BLIZ.

system requirements are on packaging and changing them after the fact is a NO NO.

I've already contacted a couple lawyers, and they can't wait to take this one. Blizzard must make how much a year. Yeah I can't wait for this...
Reply Quote
keep us updated entolophant!
Edited by wAsAbi on 8/1/2012 10:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
so they are dropping Mac now? All of the sudden?

!@#$ you blizzard. I'm %^-*ing done with you.
Reply Quote

This is pretty much my attitude, even though I have limited time left apparently with my 10.6.

I've owned a mac for years, and have played mac blizzard games flawlessly as early as warcraft orcs and humans (I think I had a mac at that time)... because as we once knew, blizzard made the best mac games. Now suddenly blizzard is forcing us to pay money to get expensive upgrades or to simply not play at all and that's the end of the road. That's essentially $60 sitting in a drawer for me now that i'll never get to see again unless I pay another $1000 for a new computer or $650 for a built PC --- just to continue playing a game that works perfectly fine already.

Time to develop a new hobby I guess. Because of blizzard's hatred toward mac now, I realize I've wasted more than half of my everyday life for the past 2 years playing a game they made for me to enjoy, and making maps for the community. That's all gone now.

GG blizz, gg.
Edited by IronManSC on 8/1/2012 1:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
So where is the drop for xp users, and when will 10.6 no longer be supported? should I upgrade? How often will system requirements change for your games after purchase? all things me and your customers should know, and all things I will make them aware of on every blog asking for help figuring out if their comps can run your current and upcoming games.

"Yeah your comp may run it great now, but they will probably throw a patch in and drop a whole operating system from being able to play the game."

"You can never trust the system requirements that are listed, because they are ever changing with blizzard and their patches"

"Hmm I dunno how long you will be able to play only meeting the minimum requirements... one... two patches... before they don't support you?"

Yes! I will be very informative to the public looking at buying your games, so they are not cheated out of their money as were we.
Edited by KoalaTeaTime on 8/1/2012 1:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
If you are upgrading from 10.5.8 to snow leopard, which is 10.6, do not buy from amazon, ebay or any other. While apple no longer carries the disc on their online store, which is the only way to install snow leopard, you can still call 1-800-my-apple and have it freely shipped to you for 30 bucks.

system requirements should be looked at before purchase but they will go over that with you on the phone. Also I dont think these system requirements will be obsolete after you purchase the disk but who knows what major corporations will spring on you.

THIS ^^^

Much better than the current prices on Amazon, which have skyrocketed I believe. I too really wish I didn't have to shell out 30 bucks to play this game I already bought though. They really shouldn't have done anything to the game that required a change in any kind of system. I know it's more of the same complaining, but really, if you're listening Blizzard, please don't do this again. And if possible, remake a patch that's accessible to everyone that bought your game. .
Edited by Schmawd on 8/1/2012 1:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote

This is pretty much my attitude, even though I have limited time left apparently with my 10.6.

I've owned a mac for years, and have played mac blizzard games flawlessly as early as warcraft orcs and humans (I think I had a mac at that time)... because as we once knew, blizzard made the best mac games. Now suddenly blizzard is forcing us to pay money to get expensive upgrades or to simply not play at all and that's the end of the road. That's essentially $60 sitting in a drawer for me now that i'll never get to see again unless I pay another $1000 for a new computer or $650 for a built PC --- just to continue playing a game that works perfectly fine already.

Time to develop a new hobby I guess. Because of blizzard's hatred toward mac now, I realize I've wasted more than half of my everyday life for the past 2 years playing a game they made for me to enjoy, and making maps for the community. That's all gone now.

GG blizz, gg.

!@#$...GG..man g %^-*ing G

guess i gotta live my life now
Reply Quote
Mac OS X 10.6.8 doesn't work for me :(
Reply Quote
For mac users with the new patch it will only work with 10.6.8 or better anything less and your out of luck. This is the old bait and switch. The game was advertised to work with a minimum requirement os. Now that requirement has changed at the whim of the product producers. They have no legal disclaimer to protect them from what was stated on the box. They have to honor there agreement with the customer at the time of purchase. This is a clear cut case of fraud and a class action suit should ensue. For the time being just ask for a refund, that's what i did. As for starcraft if you like upgrade your os and continue to play. But be warned when a company gets in the habit of forcing things onto there customers that are not in the contract it's hard to stop. Next month you may have to upgrade your graphics card to meet there requirements. So my advice is to get out now and maybe leave with a little coin in your pocket. The most probable out come is they will not issue a refund but ask for one anyway. This way when the lawsuit is won you will receive compensation for the purchase price of the game.

Sincerely: A NYC corporate lawyer

P.S. You must ask for a refund if you expect to be compensated . On the other hand this
does not bar you from upgrading to a new os and continuing to play starcraft. Get paid
and continue to play starcraft got to love it.
Reply Quote
07/31/2012 09:33 PMPosted by Omega
t was easy, 3 years ago, when people should have upgraded. 10.6 was a significant update over 10.5. it updated opengl massively over 10.5.8, optimized the intel code signifcantly. added a ton more 64 bit support. cleaned out a bunch of obsolete junk. ifeature wise it wasn't much of a user interfae change from 10.5, but the update was so sigifnicant, at the time most games required it upright immediately after it came out, any new game pretty much required it. sc2 was generous up to this point but it's since evolved to point it can't tolerate such obsoleteness any longer.

Hey dude, are you kidding me? If you want to make this point, why would you be so crude and pretentious about operating systems that are--by the way--the best that some people can afford, and that have worked with your game for years without problems?

And 'sc2 was generous to this point?' Is this a joke? We payed 60 dollars for your game because you said it would work on our computers... and now you're position is that you were generous to include us in the first place, and that you can you no longer tolerate the obseleteness of the very same operating system you deemed compatible? Yet, at the same time, you acknowledge that it is the evolution of your game that makes it no longer compatible, and you offer no apology, or admittance of guilt in any way?

And yet, you didn't change the system requirements to 10.6 on sc2 boxes way in advance, knowing full well that customers wouldn't be able to play online any more in a manner of months? You just took your incoming community's money, 'generously,'--to put it in your own words--as you released, in the background, warning messages that you intended to remove us from participating in your game without any sort of recompense?

I mean, wow. This is the worst response I have ever seen a company representative from a place like blizzard give. It purely addresses technical jargon that should not be the concern of customers you have accepted the money of, and seems to infer that you have no sense of responsibility towards your community members who simply cannot afford to upgrade their operating system to continue playing a game they have all ready payed for.

You guys want to have someone else try to tackle this one? Err?...
Reply Quote
If anyone cannot find where to purchase snow leopard or higher in the apple store, try giving them a call. I was able to purchase 10.6 through the phone for only $18.
Reply Quote
..... gg blizzard, gg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]